Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Need" Biometric Crystal Alloy

Dras_Keto
10.15.2012 , 06:26 AM | #31
What they should do is make choosing the Need option bind it to the character. IE, it would only be able to turn around and sell it on the GTN if you selected greed and won it that way.

Also, having some convention where, even though nearly everyone needs something but youre all supposed to hit greed anyway .. thats just retarded.

If you need it, hit need. If someone wants to have a hissy fit because they want everyone to roll greed (because it makes them feel better?) then they need to grow up.

BogyOne
10.15.2012 , 06:30 AM | #32
It is quite funny part... I started on Frostclaw server and then transferred to Nightmare Lands and then we all finished on The Red Eclipse. I mention it because on each of the servers some unwritten rules were established then they conflicted after each transition and then again. So now you get 1/3 ppl greeding, 1/3 ppl needing, 1/3 ppl passing because they always did that according to the 'rules'.

In result I switched from Greed to Need on crafting mats and think of it no more, when I see others needing the crafting material half second after it drops I do not even trouble to ask if I may need on it too.

It is quite funny to see ppl in GF SM Ops needing on everything - green drops, BoP schematics for each Crew Skill, Tokens for each class. I understand that in leveling flashpoints this happens because roliing code of conduct is not knowledge new player is born with but in Operation?

Sithcreep
10.15.2012 , 06:38 AM | #33
I think whenever you can actually use it (i.e. 400 Biochem) you can "need" else its "greed"

Quote: Originally Posted by BogyOne View Post
It is quite funny part... I started on Frostclaw server and then transferred to Nightmare Lands and then we all finished on The Red Eclipse. I mention it because on each of the servers some unwritten rules were established then they conflicted after each transition and then again. So now you get 1/3 ppl greeding, 1/3 ppl needing, 1/3 ppl passing because they always did that according to the 'rules'.

In result I switched from Greed to Need on crafting mats and think of it no more, when I see others needing the crafting material half second after it drops I do not even trouble to ask if I may need on it too.

It is quite funny to see ppl in GF SM Ops needing on everything - green drops, BoP schematics for each Crew Skill, Tokens for each class. I understand that in leveling flashpoints this happens because roliing code of conduct is not knowledge new player is born with but in Operation?
I think its pretty much a matter of reason. Why would I need on a schematic/mats of a Crew Skill I dont have? Doesn´t make any sense to me..
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

TridusSWTOR
10.15.2012 , 07:14 AM | #34
If you are playing empire then hit need on everything since most pugs are jerks. On republic side greed roll because people are nice and understanding. Have a good day.

Khevar
10.15.2012 , 11:35 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Dras_Keto View Post
What they should do is make choosing the Need option bind it to the character. IE, it would only be able to turn around and sell it on the GTN if you selected greed and won it that way.

This is a really good idea, actually.

Exgrunt
10.15.2012 , 01:17 PM | #36
If your in a pug hit need to heck with what everyone else thinks, different if your with guildies. If you gotta pug then obviously you don't have anyone to que with as a group. So basically your in it for you so hit need your an idiot if you don't.
Have fun Kill pubs

mikebevo
10.15.2012 , 01:45 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Exgrunt View Post
If your in a pug hit need to heck with what everyone else thinks,
Hope you are a tank or healer, otherwise that wait time is going to get really long.

I find it funny that people don't think people talk in a social game. You get on some peoples ignore list and you could end up on a entire guild/guilds ignore list. People do talk and I have seen threads with list of names on it.

Khevar
10.15.2012 , 04:33 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Hope you are a tank or healer, otherwise that wait time is going to get really long.

I find it funny that people don't think people talk in a social game. You get on some peoples ignore list and you could end up on a entire guild/guilds ignore list. People do talk and I have seen threads with list of names on it.
True, true.

Especially since people like that are likely to affect a pug in more ways than just loot rolls. A self-serving attitude can also show up as a general rudeness, or a lack of willingness to help someone learn a boss strategy, and sometimes even insults to other party members that are doing poorly.

However, the recent server merges resulted in a much higher population to draw from, so it will take a high amount of ignores to have a noticeable impact on someone's gameplay.

Master-Nala
10.15.2012 , 04:52 PM | #39
I needed on my Biochem Sage because I needed my Rakata medpac and stims. With those crafted I greed currently.

kirorx
10.15.2012 , 08:21 PM | #40
If its for your class or your crafting profession by all means "need" on it.

I dont really care what people do with stuff i cant use and i pass on anything i cant use at all.

I only use greed for compnanions. Not really a lot of rare enough drops to really care about missing something i cant come back and try again for anyway.