Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

main assets 79 problem.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

odyysseus
09.05.2012 , 07:50 PM | #1
ok so i download main assets 79 for this recent patch and im able to go throught the log in screen but the little loading screen before it gets to my charater keeps sending me right back to my desktop like i log in but when the loading screen comes up it stays up for a few seconds and than bam kicks me to the desktops and i have to try all over again an i have done this several times and i've even tried restarting my pc tried shuting down the PC but still does the same thing and i honestly don't want to reinstall this game AGAIN so anyone got any helpful solutions they can throw out me..

Ratae
09.05.2012 , 07:57 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello odyysseus,

If you are not able to access the server list and/or the character selection screen, you may need to modify a settings file named ‘client-settings.ini’

• Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
• Type \Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\setting s into the Open dialog box and click ‘OK’.
• An explorer window will open and will show you some Configuration settings files (Notepad icon with cogs).
• Open the file ‘client_settings’.
• Click on ‘Edit’, then click on ‘Find…’ and type FullScreen in the Find window
• You should find 2 results. Please, change the value regarding these results to ‘false’ (as shown below):
D3DfullScreen = false
FullScreen = false
• Close the file and save the modification

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for your help and patience.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

rayblues
09.05.2012 , 07:58 PM | #3
I"ve got allmost the same problem you just described, except I don"t get thrown out to desk top, it just stays stuc on that loading screen with that little blue circle turning round and round, for ever. It"s been like that since 7:15 this morning. I tried everything mentioned in the forums except uninstaling video card and reinstaling,I didn"t have an fps issue.

odyysseus
09.05.2012 , 08:04 PM | #4
i've tried typing that code into my box and nothing comes up says the file can not be found even went to my SWTOR folder and nothing with that name is there so..yeah anything else? yeah i had that issue last night before the servers went down for maintaince you know it always seems like when they do maintaince on the game the tend to break more things than fixed.. just saying

Ratae
09.05.2012 , 08:08 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello odyysseus,

If you are having trouble locating the clien_settings.ini file, you may need to set Hidden files so that you can view them.

I have repeated the full details of the trouble-shooting step including details of how to do this:

Edit the "Client_Settings.ini" File:

1. Click the Start button
2. Then left-click on the field “Control Panel”
3. Go to “Folder Options” in the Control Panel.
4. Then go to “View” and activate in “Hidden files and folders” the option “Show hidden files and folders”
5. Press OK
6. Navigate to:
In Windows 7 / Vista "C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings."
In Windows XP "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings"
7. Open the file "client_settings.ini" in Windows notepad.
8. Set FullScreen = false, D3DFullScreen = false and Refreshrate = 60.
9. Save the file and exit.
10. Launch the game.

I hope this might help get you back in the game.

Please let us know how you get on.

odyysseus
09.05.2012 , 08:20 PM | #6
nope still nothing still says file isnt there... i guess i'll just delete the patch cause its looking to me that the patch has screwed something up with all my files so i guess i'll have to reinstall AGAIN... smh...

Ratae
09.05.2012 , 08:27 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello odyysseus,

Before resorting to a full installation of the game, please try the following steps to try to resolve the problem:
  • Please make sure that your anti-virus software and firewall are not blocking launcher.exe.
  • Go to this location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    Here, if you find a folder called 'Patch', delete it please.
  • Run FixLauncher.exe (also in the above location) as administrator.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it.(Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe to your firewall and anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

Please let us know how you get on.

odyysseus
09.05.2012 , 08:35 PM | #8
i've already made sure that my anti-virus is allowing those files to come through and already ran the fix launcher an admin already before you even suggested it.. i means theres nothing that is helping since this patch went live and the month before this patch was even coming out my client and game was running just perfect so it refers back to what i said ealier in my other post saying you manage to break more things than yall tend to fix when yall are "trying to fix them" im not mad at you cause you have nothing to do with the patches its just im rather pissed at the game itself and the people who do are doing the patch writing..

odyysseus
09.05.2012 , 08:43 PM | #9
well i've just tried to log in before i reinstalled and now im stuck on said loading screen with just the blue cog spinning around and it says its running but not going farther than just that. any idea on that one?

Ratae
09.05.2012 , 08:48 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello odyysseus,

I’m sorry that this is proving a difficult one to resolve.

Can you confirm that you have tried to download the setup file again, as suggested in my previous post?

I’m also a little confused that the clint_settings.ini file isn’t there, if you have played recently on this computer, it should be present. Are there any files at all in the ‘settings’ folder?

Thanks once again for all your efforts and your continued patience.