Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Writer's Rant Thread

iamthehoyden
09.06.2012 , 07:31 PM | #21
Dear characters, please quit trying to turn into each other. Yes, I know you all want to be intelligent, responsible, smarta**es, but you can't. You have to have significant differences so that my stories don't become attack of the clones. That means some of you are going to have to bite the bullet and be irritating, or stupid, or mean. It's a necessary part of stories. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Love, me.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
09.06.2012 , 07:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Dear characters, please quit trying to turn into each other. Yes, I know you all want to be intelligent, responsible, smarta**es, but you can't. You have to have significant differences so that my stories don't become attack of the clones. That means some of you are going to have to bite the bullet and be irritating, or stupid, or mean. It's a necessary part of stories. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Love, me.
This x1000. I keep having to strip out jokes that stupid characters make when they're stupidly pretending to be stupid generic Bright's Standard Character. Stop that, characters!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
09.06.2012 , 07:52 PM | #23
Quinn has slowly taken over Ninety Seven Percent. He is, in fact, trying to prevent me from writing the ending I like.
Well that's because -
No, shut up.
Quit talking to yourself.
You... no... you... shut... I hate you!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Morgani
09.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #24
I'm writing a story. It's a SWTOR story cause, duh, I don't have an original idea of my own in my head.

It stars characters that only the people in the short fic thread know anything about. But it has nothing to do with any of the prompts.

How am I supposed to share this when it's done?

Why don't you just write for prompts? You've already proved yourself incompetent at writing anything when you don't have a guide to hold your hand.

*grumblegrumble*
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Vesaniae
09.07.2012 , 05:38 PM | #25
Why can't I stop introducing new characters? There are too many original characters in this stupid story! And they're all the freaking same! AAAAAARRRGHHH! Almost every single OC in the damn story is a snarky-yet-dedicated woman who devotes herself to cussing out Quinn at opportune moments! First Merrik, then Zariel, now Drusilla... They're all the freaking same. Still, I have an opportunity here with 'Silla. I can make her different! I know I can!

...but how?

These next few chapters are going to be an absolute pain to write, I can just tell. Six chapters to go until Arc 3 and I still don't have a damn clue what's going to happen there. Maybe I should just drop rocks on everyone. *sigh*

Nah, that would be too easy. THE MADNESS SHALL CONTINUE!

I just want to get to the end, but at the same time I don't want it to be over. Such are my tribulations. Or I could just make Arc 3 be fairly short. I mean, Arc 1 had 25 chapters, not including interludes, and Arc 2 will only have 14 chapters, not including interludes. *shrug* Whatever works, I guess.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

SveinEternity
09.07.2012 , 06:23 PM | #26
Why is it so difficult to plan out a story! I keep writing outline after outline about a story I so severly want to write ,but I love EVERY idea that pops into my head! How am I supposed to do everything into a single package. It is so difficult to do all of them. But, I will find a solution.... Even if it takes me all night *Maniacal Laugh*..
The Eternity Legacy

Earthmama
09.07.2012 , 06:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
There are too many original characters in this stupid story!
Oh girl, preach it!! I am in the same boat....I have, count them 13...13!!!!! Original characters spread across part1 and 2 of Force of Wills PLUS companions, although I have omitted a great many companions, the amount of characters in my story, is too damn high!! but somehow, they all need to be there...all of them, all 13 of them. I have a problem.

imnotawitch
09.09.2012 , 10:25 AM | #28
I seem to be mostly alone in that I like the title of my story. I like it very much. However, I just wish I could work up the courage to post things on WTTB that, you know, AREN'T already in the short fic thread? But my self confidence is a wreck and I'm convinced no one will read them.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

kalenath
09.09.2012 , 11:24 AM | #29
Why can't I make character who LIKE being evil? Its so much fun to be evil! Just ask the Sith Inquisitor Storyline.

But no, all of my BAD*** characters have to be angst ridden sob story souls...

I think I WILL write some 'evil for the sake of being evil' soon. For...something. Not sure what yet, but I WANT TO! I WANT TO BE EVIL!!!!

((Oh Vesaniae... I gave up counting my original characters after 50...Too much work. And A LOT of time invested.))
My stories in order:
Love, the Force, and Everything Discussion thread here

irishfino
09.09.2012 , 11:29 AM | #30
I started Quick Quinn Quotes as a short, easy to read blurb that was funny and stupid and funny. Well, the weekly prompt Changes has brought about... some changes... Suddenly, there's a back story and it's long! Longer than I had intended. Meanwhile, Ninety Seven Percent is falling off the front page for the first time in like... ever and I can't for the life of me write anything but Quinn and Barnabus bickering back and forth with one another. It seems the fact that I have come up with an ending I like, my brain thinks the story is resolved. Well, it's not. You punk arse brain. Give my back my idea juice!

GAAH!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!