Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS Drop since today's patch...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FPS Drop since today's patch...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ismercu
09.06.2012 , 11:41 PM | #21
I was just about to make a thread about this, until i saw this one. My FPS has dropped by 30 points aswell. Makes the gameplay almost unplayable for me.

TWIN_SUNZ
09.07.2012 , 01:10 AM | #22
Also, main thread.

Zorion
09.07.2012 , 02:29 AM | #23
Similar issues.

The fps drops like a brick in various areas.
Some places the performance is as it should be.

Example if i'm on my ship the fps is close to 100.
On planets it will in "open areas" drop to 20 or below that.
However in enclosed areas the peformance goes up abit(like the cave for the daily lvl 50 to collect the 3 pieces, assemble and get the box)

Just a suggestion to the yellowtext poster :
* alot of people respond to "post your dxdiag" in the way that your implying something is wrong with our system, a small information telling us "why its vital to post" as in to track what is makeing this occur would be a good idea.

The thing I find abit puzzling is that some toons I dont experience this with at all(could be based on planets or things(clutter in areas that will drop performance?)
Smuggler on corouscant the fps there is "ok" or as I usually have 60+
My sith warrior on same server : under 20fps, makeing me get nauscias(motion sickness from playing)

Spoiler

Coldini
09.07.2012 , 04:26 AM | #24
same for me, not able to get above 3-4 fps now since patch on this computer.

Spoiler

VoW_LugNut
09.17.2012 , 03:42 AM | #25
Even after the patch supposedly fixed this, I have still experienced a MASSIVE drop in fps since one of the patches in August.

Spoiler

Cerimon
09.17.2012 , 04:10 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

We have seen issues with the latest nvidia drivers and are currently recommending non-quadro/geforce nvidia using players to use the 301.42 revision as this is the most recent non-beta driver revision we know to work well with the game. For people using AMD, we recommend using drivers from as far back as 12.1 to obtain stability in-game. Please see my previous post for instructions on performing a clean driver installation. For people who have already done this and still have issues I advise running the repair function from the Launcher to be sure all of your game asset files are in a good state. It also will not hurt to run the system file checker to ensure the integrity of your system files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

@Mechanix: Please use Windows Update to install all available important updates and also the optional updates for .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables.

Please post again if the issue is persistent.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support