Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They changed my gears color!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
They changed my gears color!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kubernetic
09.05.2012 , 12:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OpTiMaTeZ View Post
I wear the voss mystic set because i like the look, and mainly because it is white to match my white color crystal. I login today and see after the patch my gear is blue! What the hell? At least give me the option to change back to white...
I was trying on the Voss Mystic chest piece yesterday, prior to the patch, and it was turning several of my armor pieces that cadet blue or blue-gray.

Someone may have even put in a ticket that the colors seemed wrong.

Ultimately, it's their game, and their gear, and you're paying for the privilege of being able to use it. Sorry these changes didn't work with you, but it's really their call.

And I'm still not convinced you had them all matched before, as I stated prior. That set of armor was turning my Black Hole, Columi and Rakata pieces blue yesterday PRIOR to last night's patch...

EDIT: After seeing a few more posts, I see that it's the main chest piece they changed. I'm guessing this was a glitch in some way. The colors that the chest piece should be applying to other pieces of gear (as I stated was happening yesterday) may have been inverted and instead changed the color of the chest piece. How about put in a support ticket or call the customer service hotline and see what they say first before raging?
Tekay En-ki Tkay Hassle Jaksen
Explorer (80%) Killer (53%) Socializer (47%) Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen But ready to resubscribe when and if...

bsbrad
09.05.2012 , 01:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
I was trying on the Voss Mystic chest piece yesterday, prior to the patch, and it was turning several of my armor pieces that cadet blue or blue-gray.

Someone may have even put in a ticket that the colors seemed wrong.

Ultimately, it's their game, and their gear, and you're paying for the privilege of being able to use it. Sorry these changes didn't work with you, but it's really their call.

And I'm still not convinced you had them all matched before, as I stated prior. That set of armor was turning my Black Hole, Columi and Rakata pieces blue yesterday PRIOR to last night's patch...

EDIT: After seeing a few more posts, I see that it's the main chest piece they changed. I'm guessing this was a glitch in some way. The colors that the chest piece should be applying to other pieces of gear (as I stated was happening yesterday) may have been inverted and instead changed the color of the chest piece. How about put in a support ticket or call the customer service hotline and see what they say first before raging?
Ever since the Voss set first came out and color matching was introduced the chest piece was always white and the color matched pieces were blue, if this was an oversight on their part then they should have mentioned it in the release notes. Most people, including myself bought the Voss chestpiece due to it being white, and I actually liked the fact it color matched blue so my fugly BH pants went blue and were not putrid green. Since, we will probably never get an answer I will just have to find another set I like, or wait till they release a "soon to be coming" dye system for a bazillion cartel coins, of course the popular colors like black and white will be the most expensive.

Wraiven
09.05.2012 , 01:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
Since, we will probably never get an answer I will just have to find another set I like, or wait till they release a "soon to be coming" dye system for a bazillion cartel coins, of course the popular colors like black and white will be the most expensive.
You can bet on it.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Blackavaar
09.05.2012 , 01:28 PM | #24
Calm down guys. It might be a bug. There was no mention of gear updates in the patch notes.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

JovethGonzalez
09.05.2012 , 01:30 PM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, we're currently investigating this and we'll update when we have more information! Thank you for your patience.

Blackavaar
09.05.2012 , 01:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, we're currently investigating this and we'll update when we have more information! Thank you for your patience.
See?

Thanks, Joveth.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Wraiven
09.05.2012 , 01:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
See?

Thanks, Joveth.

We still don't know if it was intended or not...until the investigation is over, we won't know. It may have been intended, it may have been a bug. Either way, we have to sit and wait.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Ooloi
09.05.2012 , 01:33 PM | #28
Another in a series of fails. BW is batting a thousand on fails today.

Miyar
09.05.2012 , 02:26 PM | #29
If it helps anything at all

I worked hard to get the Voss mystic set - and when I ended up matching colors with other pieces of gear, it always turned blue!

Miralukan body type 3 - it drove me nuts that any pants I put on turned blue (consular campaign pants specifically) when the chest piece was white. The same for gloves, helmet, and the such. I was hoping they would all turn white, but they were blue.

I noticed this months ago. I would like it if this was corrected at the same time as fixing the chest piece.

JovethGonzalez
09.05.2012 , 03:22 PM | #30 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks, as an update to this, we have confirmed that this is indeed a bug and we are working on getting a resolution to this as soon as possible. Thank you!