Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overload/force wave nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Overload/force wave nerf

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
For me this is a buff.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've tried to shunt someone off the edge of a ledge and due to the fact that the animation has to play out before the knockback effect is triggered they move slightly and they'd be fine.

Now that it is instant, I will never have this problem again.

Cry more.
What happened is some kids cried about getting knocked off ledges because they are just bad. That is part of the game, and so they nerfed your class. Have fun with that.

Cakellene
09.05.2012 , 01:40 AM | #22
It's a definite nerf, shooting people in front of you further doesn not make up for losing 2/3 of aoe radius.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

aeterno
09.05.2012 , 01:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
You also send them flying farther, you miss out on pushing several people off the ledge, but now you can send that one guy screaming to his death for sure
Its a cone, it still pushes multiple people. They have to be bunched up inside the cone but heck, they have to be bunched up now as well to all fly off, you just don't have to aim the blast.

This is only a nerf in hutball where you can stand on places where there's a ledge to fall off of on all sides. And the sorcsage puntcheese was and is one of the major gripes with that map for the vast majority of players.

LordArtemis
09.05.2012 , 01:43 AM | #24
Something had to be done for PVP. PVP is horrible in this game IMO, and this is one of the reasons why.

Naturally since this is Bioware they had to do it wrong. After all, why break with tradition? Take two of the most fun mechanics you have in the game for solo play and tear them to shreds for the sake of another style of play...PVP.

Oh, and we have to add the sauce...ignore the fact that almost every major AAA MMO has realized that you can not nerf one play style for the sake of another and now simply use different mechanics or blocks/limits for other playstyles on the specials.

Naturally in 2004 there was nothing like that. Which is why it's not being done here

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:44 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Its a cone, it still pushes multiple people. They have to be bunched up inside the cone but heck, they have to be bunched up now as well to all fly off, you just don't have to aim the blast.

This is only a nerf in hutball where you can stand on places where there's a ledge to fall off of on all sides. And the sorcsage puntcheese was and is one of the major gripes with that map for the vast majority of players.
Might as well nerf classes pulling people into the fire pits while we're at it. I think we should just take that **** out of the game. Clearly OP.

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Something had to be done for PVP. PVP is horrible in this game IMO, and this is one of the reasons why.

Naturally since this is Bioware they had to do it wrong. After all, why break with tradition? Take two of the most fun mechanics you have in the game for solo play and tear them to shreds for the sake of another style of play...PVP.

Oh, and we have to add the sauce...ignore the fact that almost every major AAA MMO has realized that you can not nerf one play style for the sake of another and now simply use different mechanics or blocks/limits for other playstyles on the specials.

Naturally in 2004 there was nothing like that. Which is why it's not being done here
I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. PvP in this game is really fun.

Hey, while we're at it, lets just take the fire pits off huttball. Lets take the bridges out of VoiDstar. Maybe after bioware takes everything "cool" out pvp will be fun for kids like this again.

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 01:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
Don't see the problem. I have a Sage myself and a lot of you are simply complaining for the sake of doing so. It is an instant ability and no way is it difficult to turn your camera to face your enemy for a milli-second to cast the ability and then turn.

Hell they even reduced the CD of Force Speed to help with this.

Complain more kids.
Said the guy who plays Vanguard and from the look of his post history isnt PvP'ing much. Kiting a mara or PT is bad as it is and it will get even worse if we have to jump turn, with the camera probably freaking out half the time, every time we intend on using FW. Add to this that we now have to kite within 10 meters or we won't be able to use our stun that doesnt break on damage.

I suggest that you actually play the class before you speak on the topic again.

Also, no PvP'er wanted these changes so I don't know what the PvE crowd is on about.

aeterno
09.05.2012 , 01:48 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
Might as well nerf classes pulling people into the fire pits while we're at it. I think we should just take that **** out of the game. Clearly OP.
If it were on a 20sec cooldown I'd wholeheartedly agree.

LordArtemis
09.05.2012 , 01:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. PvP in this game is really fun.

Hey, while we're at it, lets just take the fire pits off huttball. Lets take the bridges out of VoiDstar. Maybe after bioware takes everything "cool" out pvp will be fun for kids like this again.
If you mention "PVP in this game is really fun" then you have every idea what I am talking about. You simply do not agree.

Hey, why dont we make this change PVP only like almost every other major MMO does in the modern market.

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:50 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Said the guy who plays Vanguard and from the look of his post history isnt PvP'ing much. Kiting a mara or PT is bad as it is and it will get even worse if we have to jump turn, with the camera probably freaking out half the time, every time we intend on using FW. Add to this that we now have to kite within 10 meters or we won't be able to use our stun that doesnt break on damage.

I suggest that you actually play the class before you speak on the topic again.

Also, no PvP'er wanted these changes so I don't know what the PvE crowd is on about.
Speaking of Vangaurds, they are clearly OP, and should be nerfed to 25 percent of their current damage. I just can't have fun in this game with all these... vanguards/pyrotechs running around laughing it up all the time. I hit them and they just laugh. They hit me and I die.