Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Wave/Overload Change in 1.4 - An appeal to reconsider

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Wave/Overload Change in 1.4 - An appeal to reconsider

leto_cleon
09.04.2012 , 07:14 PM | #1
Quote:
In addition, while Overload and Force Wave make for great escape abilities, they have done so previously at a cost to the overall PvP experience. What we want for these abilities is to create distance between you and your target(s), but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that arenít your intended target(s).

Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the ability animation.
Now this change does not make any sense to me at all. Force Wave is a defensive ability to get melee classes off you. With the change, there's now a 240 degree gap in the defenses for those with light armour. This is really a huge nerf thats really not needed. By removing their counter against a zerg, the survivability of Consulars is severely reduced.

Force Wave works just fine in Voidstar and Civil War and an accidental knockback into the hut for Novare is not fatal since the node can be ranged capped. Where its not used is the goal line of huttball. The full bar of resolve is usually fatal. Predictability of a knockback seems to be more useful in huttball, but that's just 1 warzone out of 4.

Please reconsider this change.

itsmymillertime
09.04.2012 , 07:18 PM | #2
you forgot the instant free self heal and force speed cooldown reduction that offsets this.

aVmuse
09.04.2012 , 07:28 PM | #3
Oh nooo, you're going to have to aim your knockback.

Crawelc
09.04.2012 , 07:31 PM | #4
Its 15 meters. I mean really that is a game changer in any wz map we have now if you count the root.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Zhaker
09.04.2012 , 07:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Now this change does not make any sense to me at all. Force Wave is a defensive ability to get melee classes off you. With the change, there's now a 240 degree gap in the defenses for those with light armour. This is really a huge nerf thats really not needed. By removing their counter against a zerg, the survivability of Consulars is severely reduced.

Force Wave works just fine in Voidstar and Civil War and an accidental knockback into the hut for Novare is not fatal since the node can be ranged capped. Where its not used is the goal line of huttball. The full bar of resolve is usually fatal. Predictability of a knockback seems to be more useful in huttball, but that's just 1 warzone out of 4.

Please reconsider this change.
I guess, jumping, spinning your mouse 180 and firing a KB is too much for you.

leto_cleon
09.04.2012 , 08:03 PM | #6
Enter the forum trolls. :sigh: Get a life already seriously

The change to Force Wave affects Shadows as well and Force Speed reserved for a force cloak escape. Without force speed, a Shadow is just opening himself to a placed AoE to break him out of stealth.

And it really isn't about aiming. A 120 degree knockback cone is so easily countered.

Hairyzac
09.04.2012 , 08:26 PM | #7
It is a joke to counter. Half the time, when the target is in front of you in the conal area, Overload will miss anyway due to lag in 1.4. Sorcerers have no defensive cooldown. None. Nerfing Overload like this is unacceptable as it is our only way to save ourselves. BW has failed again. You would think after failing for so many years, they would get it right once.

leto_cleon
09.04.2012 , 08:30 PM | #8
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...11&postcount=3

Quote:
The change to 120% frontal screws us. How often do people who leap to us land next to us rather than in front of us? how often does client/server lag not show where some one actually is?

Boyana
09.04.2012 , 08:41 PM | #9
Looks I am the only Sorcerer who likes the changes.

If there wasn't something that is being nerfed we would see again "GG, Bioware, Nerf Sorcs NOW!" threads.

Guess you can't please people these days. Yes, I will miss overloading those Juggernauts when they charge, but they all (most of them) have that damn immunity anyway. I know and I understand that we are all used to our overload the way it is but, I honestly think, instant heal is way better to have. As far as I know, it will work for dps and healing Sorcs.

Antipodes
09.04.2012 , 08:45 PM | #10
Instant knockback more than makes up for it.