Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XaporKux
09.05.2012 , 01:54 AM | #71
I can't see anything that effects the classes i have so... .It's nice to hear some news about something anyway
"Be safe out there"
Est.Nov 2008

Divona
09.05.2012 , 01:56 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
for instance...

"Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the ability animation."

This is more commonly used by Sages to get those NPC's "off you BACK" not the ones in front of you per sei.

Hell, in pvp, this is used by sages to get Operatives off from CC'ing from behind until you die.

Now? Nerfed.
It is mind blowing why bioware redoing basic skill that is learnt in early game and is vital... unbelievable. So PvP is more important than pve, do i have to remind that this skill is at level 3 trainable?

I think it is time for Bioware to change skills for pvp and pve. There are already some skills that cant be used at all in pvp.
The Division Dev:
I will say this. Video games have a business side as well as the creative side. This is necessary to function and only time will tell what the future of the game is.

TUXs
09.05.2012 , 08:49 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
Yes, that would be nice.

PvP is a bad focus for MMOs. PvE should be prioritised.
I find your signature funny with this remark. You should throw "intolerant" up there too.

You guys are fools for thinking these are "PvP" changes. They are also PvE. The Commando interrupt is 80+% PvE. It will certainly help us in PvP, but it's a MUST HAVE for PvE...so much so that guys I group with routinely swap toons just for the interrupt.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

cycao
09.05.2012 , 09:28 AM | #74
So is the number one complaint here about knockback?

ElitehunterDS
09.05.2012 , 09:30 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I have a shadow and I rarely use Force Wave when I'm in a fp with my guild members.
Mostly because it break CC or the mob is immune anyway.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

RAVM
09.05.2012 , 09:38 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Divona View Post
It is mind blowing why bioware redoing basic skill that is learnt in early game and is vital... unbelievable. So PvP is more important than pve, do i have to remind that this skill is at level 3 trainable?

I think it is time for Bioware to change skills for pvp and pve. There are already some skills that cant be used at all in pvp.
As a Sage who PVPs, I think the change to Force Wave is idiotic. It's supposed to be a way to instantly get away from all attacking players, now I have to face them first? If there's more than one and they're not standiing in the same spot, it's useless.

ProsaicProse
09.05.2012 , 09:45 AM | #77
The changes sound interesting. I'd like to see how they play out before making a decision either way. As for the force wave thing, turn with mouse. There are already a number of abilities in game that require the player to pay attention to their position and facing anyway. This is no different, imo.

Andryah
09.05.2012 , 09:56 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by RAVM View Post
As a Sage who PVPs, I think the change to Force Wave is idiotic. It's supposed to be a way to instantly get away from all attacking players, now I have to face them first? If there's more than one and they're not standiing in the same spot, it's useless.
PvP mechanics change and evolve in MMOs. Adapt, perservere, overcome.

Besides, having an ability that gives you universal ability "to get away from all attacking players" = get out of jail free card. There should be no get out of jail free cards in PvP.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

OrionSol
09.05.2012 , 10:19 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
PvP mechanics change and evolve in MMOs. Adapt, perservere, overcome. .

They said the same thing about the NGE... "deal with it"

Look what that got them... SOE is now the laughing stock of game design world.
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

OrionSol
09.05.2012 , 10:21 AM | #80
There is absolutely no good reason for changing ForceWave. It is stupid, and is going to piss off a good deal of people.

Not everyone pays attention to these forums, and will find out the first time when it is changed in game.

Mark my words, this will not go over well with the players of Consular/Inquisitor Classes.
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."