Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rasticles
09.13.2012 , 04:13 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Rezakh View Post
I lol'd really hard at this...You should post this in the healer forums for Commandos/Mercs. Were you even here during 1.2?

Again, say this to healing commandos/mercs. Cause they gave you guys loads of constructive/objective feedback on your healing changes to them. They even gave you numbers which were actually play tested, rather than the one's the devs said they had which were obviously just pulled out of some random orifice. BW Austin has become well known for making up facts then lying that they've been strongly considered/tested so spare us...

Are CM's responsible for towing the company line while occasionally stretching the truth for the sake of PR with the community, or is it BW Austin's policy now for you all to just blatantly lie to the community? You have proven on many occasions that you really do not care what feedback the community gives you concerning balance changes so why even respond with garbage like this?
The CS people post what they're told to post.. essentially they are drones....the query for feedback is just to appear 'politically correct' and nothing more....so they can look like they feel the community matters. CS people will reply to threads like 'We want fluffy bunnies on Balmorra' but nothing that even comes close to serious interaction about heated points. In the RARE case they DO pop in to a 'hot' thread, it's to say that they welcome our feedback.....and they will never again post in that thread....

They will post a tickle here, a compliment there, so at the end of the week, there are lots of yellow posts in the Dev Tracker......

How any of these CS people go home and think they did a good day's Customer Service is beyond me. They must all need jobs very badly....

OrionSol
09.13.2012 , 04:50 PM | #312
taking away 30m range for Force Stun is horrible for Sages. Shadows, not that big a deal, but Sages, it is game breaking for sure.
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

Russkiier
09.13.2012 , 05:20 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
taking away 30m range for Force Stun is horrible for Sages. Shadows, not that big a deal, but Sages, it is game breaking for sure.
PvP, you might have a case, but as a PvE sorc, I see no issue with these changes. If you were mobbed enough that you had to use overload, you were likely going to die anyways. If you cant walk to 9.9 meters of a badguy to stun them, thats a L2P issue. Whatever case might be made for PvP, I think these changes will have a minimal affect on PvE

Khevar
09.13.2012 , 05:55 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by Russkiier View Post
PvP, you might have a case, but as a PvE sorc, I see no issue with these changes. If you were mobbed enough that you had to use overload, you were likely going to die anyways. If you cant walk to 9.9 meters of a badguy to stun them, thats a L2P issue. Whatever case might be made for PvP, I think these changes will have a minimal affect on PvE
I agree. The main downside is that I won't be able to stun the bombers in HM Kephess. But that is hardly game-breaking.

On the other hand, I tend to run the puzzle on the Fab for my group, and the strat I use involves me knocking back one proximity mine droid, killing a second and eating the damage on the third. A couple of times I got hit with the explosion as the Force Wave doesn't actually push back until the end of the animation. So instant conal knockback would actually be an improvement in this scenario.

Also during Karagga I drop Force Quake to kill the mouse droids, which is an expensive cast. I'll feel more comfortable popping a Noble Sacrifice and instant free healing afterwards to take some pressure off the healer.

Time will tell once 1.4 drops, but I would be surprised if any PvE changes were so drastic that it requires more than minor adjustments in my playstyle.

oakamp
09.13.2012 , 06:06 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Russkiier View Post
pvp pve, you might have a case, but as a un-subber, i see no issue with those nerfs or buffs,
if u lose ur confidence in BW, match to what deserve to the EA,
then u wont care any change about those balance problem.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Khevar
09.13.2012 , 06:35 PM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
pvp pve, you might have a case, but as a un-subber, i see no issue with those nerfs or buffs,
if u lose ur confidence in BW, match to what deserve to the EA,
then u wont care any change about those balance problem.
You've been angry about TOR since April. Haven't you found another game to occupy your time by now?

OrionSol
09.19.2012 , 03:53 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
You've been angry about TOR since April. Haven't you found another game to occupy your time by now?
un-subbers shouldn't be allowed to post really.
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

Elcan
09.19.2012 , 04:21 PM | #318
I think they would be better off to Acknowledge publicly that players can run hacks on this game.....
They have done several updates that have stopped some, but left the door open for others.

Personaly get rid of bolster.... Its not needed.....
Allow for a rapid rebort system in pvp, or vote kick for pvp..... where if the person gets so many votes from different sources then they get booted out of pvp for 24 hours....

Its clear that this is a big reason for the "Imbalance" I had a sorcerrer running and went to force pull him and ALL of my movement imparing skills where blacked out. Along with he had no resolve bar.
I think what some are stating imbalanbe are really players running cheats that imbalance the game, the economy, etc.. I know im going to get flamed for this post but there are dozens of sites that have hacks for SPEED, mobilization imunty, rapid heal, unlimited force or focus etc... and there all verified to work.... Yet publicaly nothings said about it.

Abmong
09.22.2012 , 09:49 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Elcan View Post
I had a sorcerrer running and went to force pull him and ALL of my movement imparing skills where blacked out. Along with he had no resolve bar.
I'm not convinced that that is cheating. Yes obviously its cheating if they are using hacks. But how can you be sure that its not just someone using an interrupt ability on you with a lockout period... you do know that i.e. sorc/sage can lock players from using their abilities for a few secs if they upgraded it in the skill tree.

as for the nerfing issue... well its all to do with huttball. to be honest I'd be happy if they just got rid of huttball. the issue was that when a ball carrier got CC'ed twice in 2-3 secs (which happens alot) it made them an unstoppable train. which causes alot of fuss...

They're just changing the way CC, resolve and knockbacks work. TBH I think thats a good thing as the way they are at the moment you cant do a thing without being frozen or thrown every few secs in pvp which is annoying for all classes.

As for this having a bad effect on PVE its not really going to effect it by that much... critters dont have resolve same way players do so shouldnt change gameplay too much in PVE. thats how I understand it anyway