Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OrionSol
09.04.2012 , 03:52 PM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-...ame-update-1.4

As seen here, there are a slew of serious nerfs coming to certain professions. Why? Because the PVP aspect of this community is complaining (as they will ALWAYS do, no matter what the situation is) about imbalance.

So, to fix it, for the sake of making PVPers happy, they are nerfing PVE skills in the process.

Common mistake for MMORPG developers.

This was the reason SOE put out the "Combat Upgrade" aka, the CU, which, only second to the NGE, was a huge mistake.

Now... what impact is this going to have? Are you going to make the PVP gamers happy? NO! They are just going to see a new class as the FOTM overpowered class and complain about that.

Nerf-bat-to-hell sages, and then some other class becomes OP in WZ's...

I implore you devs... that if you are going to smash a classes play style, because of imbalance in PVP, that maybe you give some thought to how it is going to impact PVE players.

Thanks.
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

randalthorr
09.04.2012 , 03:53 PM | #2

Yeah devs, devote more time to PVE.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

Rynis
09.04.2012 , 03:54 PM | #3
I'm not reading many nerfs. Yay for Deception buff finally...but inb4qqaboutburst.

OrionSol
09.04.2012 , 03:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post

Obviously you're missing the point.

They are changing, and vastly so, the way classes are played SOLELY on how they are impacting PVP.

... Not a good call in my humble opinion.
Or-ion Sol

OrionSol
09.04.2012 , 03:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I'm not reading many nerfs. Yay for Deception buff finally...but inb4qqaboutburst.
Not entirely about the nerfing, as much as it is about them doing these changes because of pvp.

They force people into PVE and PVP, why not make skills work differently in pvp and pve then?
Or-ion Sol

Hessen
09.04.2012 , 03:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post

Yes, that would be nice.

PvP is a bad focus for MMOs. PvE should be prioritised.
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

OrionSol
09.04.2012 , 03:58 PM | #7
for instance...

"Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the ability animation."

This is more commonly used by Sages to get those NPC's "off you BACK" not the ones in front of you per sei.

Hell, in pvp, this is used by sages to get Operatives off from CC'ing from behind until you die.

Now? Nerfed.
Or-ion Sol

Kurfer
09.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #8
You linked the wrong article, article linked does not mention nerfs to professions.

Delete post tks.

OrionSol
09.04.2012 , 04:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
You linked the wrong article, article linked does not mention nerfs to professions.

Delete post tks.
did you not read it? Both Sages and Shadows are getting nerfed, as a BH/Troopers.
Or-ion Sol

United_Strafes
09.04.2012 , 04:07 PM | #10
Ok, I'll explain since you obviously didn't read it. As I see only bounty hunters got a very small nerf as wll as the sage, other classes got a significant buff including those 2 classes. Where do you see these nerfs?

It's all crap anyway since they didn't touch the 2 classes that need the most attention.