Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will the Bounty Hunter feel like a bounty hunter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
When will the Bounty Hunter feel like a bounty hunter?

DarthSithdious
09.14.2012 , 12:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kylerp View Post
Sorry I didn't come across this post earlier. Personally I haven't gotten my BH to 50 yet, so the story is still doing fine for me. As an avid SWG fan, I couldn't agree more with how great it felt to hunt people as a bounty hunter. I think it makes perfect sense, and I believe, not sure though, that BioWare said sometime they would like to add player bounties. They'd have to add something for each class though, so I'm not sure as to how that would work out. I guess smugglers could have to transport goods and Imp agents could stop them? Or troopers stop BHs? Just random ideas
Liked the bounty board and hunting concept in SWG myself, but IMHO, it was not fully implemented correctly. I think in SWTOR it would make it very interesting "if" the one hunted can only be targeted in a PVP zone (Warzone, Tat PVP area, etc). It's not cool that some dude that lacked PVP skill to be hunted and killed so easily...the bounty system in SWG did scare people from logging in and play the game.

Hadyn
09.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSithdious View Post
Liked the bounty board and hunting concept in SWG myself, but IMHO, it was not fully implemented correctly. ...the bounty system in SWG did scare people from logging in and play the game.
I don't know about all that - most people BRAGGED about their bounties just like you hear characters doing in the actual movies. I loved the system even though I stopped playing BH after the CU. It was well thought out and added a neat wrinkle to open world pvp.

I also miss getting hate tells from the opposite faction after roflstomping them - but that's neither here nor there.
Hadyn Gabriel - Bounty Hunter
Haylea Gabriel - Blue Sniper

schwartzpedro
09.16.2012 , 03:54 PM | #23
BHs someday getting a Rifle weapon would be nice..I can dream can't I?

lightwavejunkie
09.20.2012 , 09:51 AM | #24
I too would love this, pve npc bounty bourds to do just to be a BH at endgame and roleplay the class a little is a much needed idea.

It would need to feel like a hunt so using SWgs probe and seeker droids would be ideal, this system worked well.

As for player bounties, i too enjoyed this on SWG but i dont think we need to complicated balance issues required to pull this off.

lets say on each planet there is a "bounty Board" terminal.

You get 15 to 20 bounties a day on that planet. they vary in difficulty and reward

A level 50 champion mark grants you the biggest bounty, with a level 40+ giving small bounties.

You could choose to do all to get the credits and even go to another planet for more.

I personally dont enjoy flashpoints and raids at endgame, and neither do i like PVP.

I need something to Role Play my BH just a little and enjoy level 50 play for my BH.

If anyone at bioware wants to contact me on this subject I have reams of ideas to suggest for this.

I think any BH player wants this, make our class mean what it says please.

This should have been in from day 1 if you ask me.

Think of the competitions we could have all racing to get the hit complete first.

IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!
The Sith Code
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me.

Fortunefive
09.22.2012 , 01:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by lightwavejunkie View Post
I too would love this, pve npc bounty bourds to do just to be a BH at endgame and roleplay the class a little is a much needed idea.

It would need to feel like a hunt so using SWgs probe and seeker droids would be ideal, this system worked well.

As for player bounties, i too enjoyed this on SWG but i dont think we need to complicated balance issues required to pull this off.

lets say on each planet there is a "bounty Board" terminal.

You get 15 to 20 bounties a day on that planet. they vary in difficulty and reward

A level 50 champion mark grants you the biggest bounty, with a level 40+ giving small bounties.

You could choose to do all to get the credits and even go to another planet for more.

I personally dont enjoy flashpoints and raids at endgame, and neither do i like PVP.

I need something to Role Play my BH just a little and enjoy level 50 play for my BH.

If anyone at bioware wants to contact me on this subject I have reams of ideas to suggest for this.

I think any BH player wants this, make our class mean what it says please.

This should have been in from day 1 if you ask me.

Think of the competitions we could have all racing to get the hit complete first.

IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!
This is basically what I am getting at.
SWG and player bounties fit in with that game, even though they were a bit poorly implemented, it fit in with the timeline and lore, not so much with the game layout of TOR.
Basically gimme PVE Bounty missions! PLOX

Jammer
10.05.2012 , 09:23 PM | #26
I support this. Yes there will be balance issues and people complaining if its implemented. But there are people complaining that it isn't implemented. So why not have an official pole and just vote on it since this affects all classes. Let the players decide.

JacksonMo
10.05.2012 , 09:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Fortunefive View Post
So I am not sure if my topic got sort of over shadowed by the announcement of the BH changes coming to 1.4, but I am surprised that no one either cares for a feature like this, or has their own opinion on the matter.

Anyone? I would like to see what other fellow BH'ers think/want out of their hunters!
Hey! What about smugglers? Shouldn't we be smuggling stuff? Surely there are Hutts who would pay a pretty nicely for a case of Mentellian wine, no?

Quote: Originally Posted by Fortunefive View Post
This is basically what I am getting at.
SWG and player bounties fit in with that game, even though they were a bit poorly implemented, it fit in with the timeline and lore, not so much with the game layout of TOR.
Basically gimme PVE Bounty missions! PLOX
Upon further review, I withdraw my support. I can tolerate a certain amount of unbalance, but I absolutely despise that mangled substitute for a word. It's a pet peeve from the days of Runescape beggars spamming general chat endlessly for free stuff.

Sorripto
10.06.2012 , 08:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Hey! What about smugglers? Shouldn't we be smuggling stuff? Surely there are Hutts who would pay a pretty nicely for a case of Mentellian wine, no?
Every class could have a PvE class specific mission board. Smugglers could smuggler, BH get bounties, IA could assassinate people, Troopers could rescue hostages or something, and Sith and Jedi do mission requiring their expertise. Class based mission like this are always popular in MMOs and when done well can really add a lot dimension to a game.

Serroturkio
10.09.2012 , 01:38 AM | #29
I was BH in SWG, and Thats only reason I opened BH in SWTOR.
Still waiting for Player Bounty system to be active.
But, not sure, with this game content.

LordExozone
10.09.2012 , 03:48 AM | #30
I'm still hoping they will use the f2p cash shop as an opportunity to give us such customization like allowing different weapons etc. People have been asking for blaster rifles as a weapon option for powertechs for over a year without even a single yellow response.

Bioware hasn't taken lesson from Mythic's WAR where classes were also restricted to usually 2 weapon options, which led to much dismay on their forums too. People don't like being pigeonholed into something the developers envisioned with no option of personal creativity. Some restriction are certainly fine to keep classes from disrupting the rules of the universe it takes place in or for completely messing up class design (ranged weapons on jedi/sith etc) but in SWTOR there are just way too many unnecessary restrictions on what you can and cannot do.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.