Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder NEEDS a fix - NOW

Atramar
09.14.2012 , 02:49 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
What in my opinion is most necessary about Group Finder is a) a display of which flashpoint I will be going and b) a display of the team's health points so I can have an idea of their gear. It pisses me off whenever some newly dinged 50 thinks he/she is entitled to get boosted by pug groups to do HM content. HM content is not for fresh level 50 players, Hard Modes are tuned for players with around 14k to 16k hp go lower than this and you'll have big problems. I don't want to boost up anyone that can't be arsed to get appropriate gear for Hard Modes.
that is actually not true. example:
I have fully black hole geared assasin tank,and found jugger tank more fun, I respecced to dps and got recruit stuff, can pull out 1100 dps, that's enouth for denova sm and LI hm.
gear is not a problem, people using only two fingers, which one of them is used for running, are problem. I have seen snipers using only snipe, PT using flame tower... only... tanks using '1' and smash... recruit gear is more then enouth.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ephesia
09.14.2012 , 03:32 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
that is actually not true. example:
I have fully black hole geared assasin tank,and found jugger tank more fun, I respecced to dps and got recruit stuff, can pull out 1100 dps, that's enouth for denova sm and LI hm.
gear is not a problem, people using only two fingers, which one of them is used for running, are problem. I have seen snipers using only snipe, PT using flame tower... only... tanks using '1' and smash... recruit gear is more then enouth.
Well let's say I am elitist and leave it at that, I don't want to group up with players who think they are entitled to play with me while they don't get what it takes to play with me. I had ql 126 gear before even getting into Hard Modes and no it isn't hard to get them if you play smart. I want to see the hp's of people so I know which group to avoid and which group to play with.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Atramar
09.14.2012 , 04:16 AM | #43
they have to gear up somehow.. show them how good you are
that's why I try to que withatleast one guild member, so I'm sure, atleast one dps is doing it right, but, healing 3 muppets in tioniese/columni ho have no idea how to use their abilities is a fun sport, and quite challenging.

I think I smell sacrasm off your post, but in case I'm wrong, well You can always quit or vote kick person who is not good enouth to group with you, that is why there is a 'leave' button.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ephesia
09.14.2012 , 06:25 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
they have to gear up somehow.. show them how good you are
that's why I try to que withatleast one guild member, so I'm sure, atleast one dps is doing it right, but, healing 3 muppets in tioniese/columni ho have no idea how to use their abilities is a fun sport, and quite challenging.

I think I smell sacrasm off your post, but in case I'm wrong, well You can always quit or vote kick person who is not good enouth to group with you, that is why there is a 'leave' button.
Gearing up for Hard Modes can be done through doing dailies, doing normal 50 flashpoints, doing story mode EV + KP, through buying orange gear and fitting it with 51 mods. I did all these when I dinged.

I understand that since launch Hard Modes got nerfed as well, but just two days ago a group with 2 fresh 50's I didn't want to outright refuse them but to give it a try, even though I knew it's a lost cause. They kept wiping at the last boss in HM Directive 7 and I said f*** it.

People should work themselves if they want to earn something, not be entitled to get boosted through it.
Member of Catalyst

grallmate
09.14.2012 , 06:34 AM | #45
Gearing up for Hard Modes can be done through doing dailies, doing normal 50 flashpoints, doing story mode EV + KP, through buying orange gear and fitting it with 51 mods. I did all these when I dinged.

I understand that since launch Hard Modes got nerfed as well, but just two days ago a group with 2 fresh 50's I didn't want to outright refuse them but to give it a try, even though I knew it's a lost cause. They kept wiping at the last boss in HM Directive 7 and I said f*** it.

People should work themselves if they want to earn something, not be entitled to get boosted through it.
Failing on Mentor isn't necessarily a gear issue. Its a mechanicy fight with a lot happening. Its not hard, but its PUG hard.

Ephesia
09.14.2012 , 06:38 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Failing on Mentor isn't necessarily a gear issue. Its a mechanicy fight with a lot happening. Its not hard, but its PUG hard.
maybe, but seriously I have no more f***s to give about what issue it is. I have lost my patience a long time ago with them unfortunately. If I use my own criteria (15k-16k hp people) we go through this content seamlessly all the time. If it was just 1 badly geared guy that could also be tolerated as I overgear the content anyway. More and it makes a tedious experience.
Member of Catalyst

mikebevo
09.14.2012 , 03:38 PM | #47
Sounds like gear isn't the problem. I have done D7 with 2 lowly geared DPS players without a tank (Tank DC) without a wipe. We just all knew what to do and I healed only instead of DPSing at all. Now I was over geared, but don't think I carried them through anything. I just had enough HP that I could stop running and hit them with larger heals once in a while without worrying about death.

Gear makes stuff easier, but skill is what matters and I don't think group finder is ever going to tell us someones skill.

Most fun I have had in a HMFP was BoI with a 12K fresh tank. No wipes, but tank died a few times getting thrown off platforms. Which I still think was the healers fault (me).

Dantharghan
09.14.2012 , 07:52 PM | #48
I want the ability to outright inspect the 3 other players I am going to be grouped with before I click ACCEPT so I am not wasting my and everyone else's time with annyoing vote kicks, raging DPS newbs and green/blue 50s with attitudes.
There's so many people without the neccessary skill to complete a simple HM flashpoint, I don't need to add the people with lacking gear as well.
Especially for HM Lost Island.

Ephesia
09.15.2012 , 03:45 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Dantharghan View Post
I want the ability to outright inspect the 3 other players I am going to be grouped with before I click ACCEPT so I am not wasting my and everyone else's time with annyoing vote kicks, raging DPS newbs and green/blue 50s with attitudes.
There's so many people without the neccessary skill to complete a simple HM flashpoint, I don't need to add the people with lacking gear as well.
Especially for HM Lost Island.
Quoted for truth. This is what I want. Of course we cannot measure someone's skill. But at least knowing that they are adequately geared for the content I am heading to gives me a measure of relief
Member of Catalyst

Kitru
09.15.2012 , 07:25 AM | #50
Quoted for truth. This is what I want. Of course we cannot measure someone's skill. But at least knowing that they are adequately geared for the content I am heading to gives me a measure of relief
I would just prefer that the developers required a minimum average or total rating to queue for HM FPs, similar to what WoW did with their group finder. Don't set it too high (like requiring an average item level of 100-110), and I don't see too many people complaining. I say this as a person that has run through more than a few fresh-in-leveling-gear characters through HM FPs because they assume that they're due the right to run them just for hititng 50. They're painfully undergeared for it, and the only reason they manage is because of people like me that go in there *massively* overgeared for it.

I don't mind doing this for guildies because I know them. I do mind doing it for complete randoms who expect it to be their right to have other people drag them through content they're not prepped for and generally haven't done the work to be ready for (every single one that I've met is generally ignorant of the hard mode content in the first place; most of those that already know the content on a different character get the gear from their main or guild when they hit 50 or know to put forth the work to gear up so that they're actually ready for it).

If the developers want overgeared characters to run fresh 50s through content, provide an incentive to run the actual entry level FPs as well as the HM FPs through the group finder. Daily Comms come in so easily and are used for so little now that I doubt anyone doings Ops even notices them any more. Toss 2 BH comms on top of the 5 daily comms for running the normal FPs at level 50 and you'll see at least a few overgeared people start to "slum it".
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.