Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder NEEDS a fix - NOW

darth_craig
09.03.2012 , 05:48 PM | #1
Dont get me wrong - group finder is very, very helpful at getting us all levelled with BH comms.
However, as we have seen in countless post and in gen chat - it is VERY skewed against DPS toons.

Everyone knows we must wait the longest, while tanks and healers have nearly 100% insta-queue rate.
Anyone that says differently is either lying or seriously mistaken.
I queue for group finder 4 times a da to do my BH comms. DPS takes 30 mins at least, while heals and tank are less than 3 mins (usually instant).

Now - I love the insta-queue, really do - what I do not love, is the fact that the entire group's power and ability to finishe lies at the whim of these toons.
Too many time do i wait 45 mins, get queued with someone who is maybe undergeared or inexperienced, The tank or healer gets upset at a wipe and quits after wasting our time for 20 mins or so.
Why do they quit you ask?? SIMPLE - they only need to wait out a 13 min lockout before they can insta-queue again!!!!

If i could queue in only 13 mins, this post would not be happening.
But that is NOT the case, is it.....nope - our group disbands, and then i am forced to re-queue and go through the whole process again. I spent 3 hours trying to complete 1 Harm Mode the other night - 3 HOURS!!! They only take 20-45 mins a peice!

There needs to be a stiffer penalty for quitters, i'm sorry - its the only solution.
Tanks and healers cannot be given the luxury of an easy quit because they dont like the group, its just flat out not fair at all.
What I say - slap a 12-24 hour cooldown on GF if you quit for no good reason - that will teach people some patience and instill some cooperation for once.
now, i know all the haters will say that people quit for a lot of reasons...sure, I get that...stuff comes up.
So, instead of just a rage-quit 24 hour cooldown, we eable a "Vote to Disband" button too - this allows the group the option to stop without forcing anyone to be on CD.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
I get tank/heal rage quitters 3-5 times a week - this needs to stop, there is only so much material I can run through while waiting in the queue!!

HELP ME DEVELOPERS!! MAKE THIS FEATURE BETTER AND MORE RELIABLE!!
Peace is a Lie

Malles
09.03.2012 , 05:54 PM | #2
"lol 12 hours two long lol l2p noob lol"

Seriously, though, I support stiffer penalties for ragequitters. Screw 'em. You're going free-to-play anyway, so their subscriptions should be the first to go. No one likes them and they don't like us, so everyone's happy. Problem solved.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Rfraley
09.03.2012 , 06:31 PM | #3
While I can see the frustration of the OP I'd have to say you're falsely accusing it of needing a fix. The way to test this roll a tank or heals queue in the group finder and decline on every pop up after 3 or so cycles you will notice DPS tends to change. Why is this you ask? Because in some cases, only speaking on the server I play on, for every 1 tank there is 10 DPS maybe more or less but that being said if all 10 DPS happen to be in the group finder it will cycle around until you are number 1 in the queue to be picked for the flashpoint thus creating your hour long waits. Again I understand your frustration as my tank was madness DPS spec before I respec but only solution to the problem is either roll a tank, roll a healer, join a guild, make a guild, or suffer with the random long queues.
Titaneous Legacy
Bardgijoe 50 Operative: Your source for keeping alive
Titaneouz 50 Sith Assassin: Because watching DPS jump into a fight and insta dying is almost to joyful

anakedcowboy
09.04.2012 , 09:45 AM | #4
Right now the penalty needs to go to zero because people are still being put into roles they didn't queue for.

Atramar
09.04.2012 , 10:21 AM | #5
some people dont have patience... I'm pulling up with dpses who think they are king of the world, attack elite mob while strongs and normals are attacking my/mine healer (my - group healer, mine - when I heal), it's fine. 2 or 3 times I wont heal/taunt off them, and they learn. You cc'ed? we dont care, let's hit mob once and leave him alone, we dont want healer to fall asleep... right?

there is no fix for that what OP is asking. Want implement 6 hours 'rage quit ban'? Fine, if I wanna rage quit, I will force dc, and will look like disconnect, while You and your group wait for 15 minutes while all other tanks are joining other teams.
doesnt mean I will or do that, but it's an example how fix will be abused and turned against OP.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

MaliksKid
09.04.2012 , 11:25 AM | #6
Quote:
Right now the penalty needs to go to zero because people are still being put into roles they didn't queue for.
Not true since the penalty isn't applied if you decline a group, only if you accept then quit.

As for the OP, there is another issue here and that is people using general chat to build pug fp/ops groups to jump the queue. My advice would be to make friends with a tank and healer and just queue up with them.

wainot-keel
09.04.2012 , 12:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
some people dont have patience... I'm pulling up with dpses who think they are king of the world, attack elite mob while strongs and normals are attacking my/mine healer (my - group healer, mine - when I heal), it's fine. 2 or 3 times I wont heal/taunt off them, and they learn. You cc'ed? we dont care, let's hit mob once and leave him alone, we dont want healer to fall asleep... right?
This has nothing to do with OP's point. Not all tanks are gods in their role either. Lack of skill, douchiness make no class distinction.
Problem is, due to class (or should I say, role ) imbalance population, tanks and healers can get away with it with ease.
If that imbalance isn't corrected somehow, the abuses will still be there no matter what how many tweaks the group finder gets.

RKLimes
09.04.2012 , 12:48 PM | #8
Part of the problem is that BW strayed from the 5man group. reducing the number of dps toons per group by 1/3.

Another is that there is no incentive to play a tank or healer once they are geared. FPs become a waste of time very quickly. The best gear in the game is made available to everyone with little effort. Make PvE comms Bind on Legacy, giving someone with a tank or healer reason to play while still being able to benefit their DPS alts.
Super-Awesome suggestions. Trust me, they're amazing!
I highly recommend you peep your eyeballs on them!

Codek
09.04.2012 , 12:57 PM | #9
I'm not quiet sure what is actually being suggested here as a fix. The only true solution to the problem is to some how get more people to take on the role of healer and tank (which they did encourage with the legacy respec skill along with the stat itemization between heals and DPS being nearly identical).

It seems like you are requesting a more harsher lockout for people dropping group which I would imagine would simply discourage healers and tanks from even bothering to run HM's even more through group finder. Players in general will always feel the need to drop a group if they view it as inadequate to their liking. So long as dpser remain in low demand with the high number of players refusing to take up another role, they will continue to feel the harsh effects of not being needed. Tanks and healers, will also continue to have no problem finding a group of friends that they can use to stay away from group finder as the annoyance factor from group finder raises.

I'd imagine that your suggestion for a "fix" to group finder may only make matters much worse.
~Codek

Chaqen
09.04.2012 , 01:39 PM | #10
Any more if i am on my healer and the tank DCs leaves or w/e i use my tank companion and still finish the FP...if i am on my tank and the healer does the same i use my companion again and finish the zone usually FASTER then what i would with a pug healer.

When i play my dps i am at the whim of slow tanks, and healers that dont know how to heal multiple people, i do end up dying more, and suffer from long que times; but majority of the time i have learned not que as my dps unless i am with friends.

As far as making comms legacy bound, they're already to some degree. Yes it is more expensive to buy a BH piece pull out the mods put it in a BoL piece and then pull them out again to give to an alt, but honestly it sure beats queing as a dps.

As a sidenote most (~80%) of the pug dps i come across are either annoying (CC when it isnt needed) or can be out dps by the majority of my companions.