Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Last time I wrote about this, the ingame ticket was removed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Last time I wrote about this, the ingame ticket was removed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
09.04.2012 , 04:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

1. Were you eligible for rewards according to the Group Finder UI? Was everyone in the group eligible?
2. How did you queue for Group Finder (Full group of 4, partial group, individual)?
3. Did your Group Finder group lose a player and find a replacement player? Or were you a replacement for an already existing group?
4. Did anyone die or leave the instance at any time? If so, what were the conditions?
5. Did the group leader receive rewards (if eligible)?
6. What role were you signed up for when you did not receive rewards (ie tank, healer…)?

Your details are important and appreciated as we work on a resolution to this issue!
Another one for this bug...yet again. EV SM.
1. I was eligible, not sure if everyone else was available or not as I wasn't the one queuing.
2. We had a full group.
3. Not during the ops.
4. We had a couple people die here and there, but no wipes. The ones I remember: one guy fell off the ledge in Soa's chamber and the tank died on a pyramid drop. And we also all exited the instance because Soa glitched the first time and completely exited combat and disappeared at the bottom.
5. I don't believe he did.
6. DPS
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

MythosHero
09.04.2012 , 05:02 PM | #12
I ran a KP SM through Groupfinder the other day, and didn't get the commendations. CS told me it was because we queued as a full premade. This makes very little sense, of course, because full premades for Hardmode FPs never have problems getting the reward, so why should it be different for Ops?

1. Were you eligible for rewards according to the Group Finder UI? Was everyone in the group eligible? We did all 5 bosses in one run, so yes.
2. How did you queue for Group Finder? Full group of 8
3. Did your Group Finder group lose a player and find a replacement player? Or were you a replacement for an already existing group? We lost a player halfway through and found an auto-replacement via Groupfinder.
4. Did anyone die or leave the instance at any time? If so, what were the conditions? It was a PUG Karagga's; these things happen. ^.^
5. Did the group leader receive rewards (if eligible)? As far as I know, they did not.
6. What role were you signed up for when you did not receive rewards (ie tank, healer…)? Healer
The Mythina Legacy | [HERO] | [Holocron] Jedi Covenant
Kalysta | Kayros | Felyra | Kaysera
Evanesca | Alecta | Daeonika | Vyntas
Kyranna Mythina | One with the Force, 12/15/11 | The World We Wrote.

BanPearson
09.04.2012 , 08:25 PM | #13
In my case, I did the weekly raghoul thing, both Kaon under Siege HM and Lost Island HM. I did get the 5 BH comms from a friendly support person just a few hours after I filed the ticket, but they said they were not able to grant me the weekly raghoul reward, which was kind of the point of doing these, so I have to repeat them anyway (if I have time).

In LI HM, I died during the final boss fight. I never got any reward, did get to roll for the loot though. It showed the quest as not done yet. The door to LI on the Gav Daragon was voilet, and I was able to enter and got a loading screen. But after it loaded, I was on the Gav Daragon, not LI. The boss was already dead, after all.

Even before that, the GF went totally crazy all day. I had to start in the queue over and over again after a few minutes of trying to play, or not even that. One time for example it made a group with 3 DPS (NO! not a DPS who got queued as a healer, really 3 DPS with that red X), and then locked us out for 10 minutes because we didn't want to play with that group, after which we were allowed to queue again as individuals. I can't say all the things it did, it was one such thing after another.

Hello there! Thanks for posting reports regarding some group members not getting Group Finder rewards when "Reward Available" is indicating eligibility. We’re currently investigating this and would like your help in collecting details about the issue.

If you have been in a Group Finder group and have encountered this problem with either Flashpoints or Operations, please post in this thread to provide as much of the following information as possible:

1. Were you eligible for rewards according to the Group Finder UI? Was everyone in the group eligible?
2. How did you queue for Group Finder (Full group of 4, partial group, individual)?
3. Did your Group Finder group lose a player and find a replacement player? Or were you a replacement for an already existing group?
4. Did anyone die or leave the instance at any time? If so, what were the conditions?
6. What role were you signed up for when you did not receive rewards (ie tank, healer…)?

Your details are important and appreciated as we work on a resolution to this issue!
I yes, everybody I don't know.
Individual, and when we lost someone (which happened often, not due to GF problems) we sought a replacement as a group.
It was a chaotic run even without GF problems. People kept quitting and giving up or got vote kicked out (not by me), and others replaced them. Only 2 (including me) really went from start to end. The Kaon under Siege run was smooth though, and I didn't get the GF reward there either - it's the same, right?
Yes, both happened occasionally. Death through battle, of course, and leaving the instance for various reasons.
unknown
damage

It's good that support got better, but it is hard to imagine that it is technically not possible to grant me the well deserved weekly raghoul reward as well.

Ruskaeth
09.05.2012 , 01:12 AM | #14
Hello there! Thanks for posting reports regarding some group members not getting Group Finder rewards when "Reward Available" is indicating eligibility. We’re currently investigating this and would like your help in collecting details about the issue.

If you have been in a Group Finder group and have encountered this problem with either Flashpoints or Operations, please post in this thread to provide as much of the following information as possible:
I parsed this for you.

At least I was eligible and one member who didn't get the reward. I would assume many more were eligible as they got the rewards. In fact, this is a silly question: Everyone was eligible they wouldn't have been there otherwise.
Yes, when I clicked "Queue group" -I quadrochecked that it stated "Daily Reward available" because of past bad experiences.

The same group was intact from the beginning to the end.

Yes, someone died and came back to the instance. Why should this matter if I may ask? People sometimes die on FPs via group finder and it doesn't matter.

Group finder said I was eligible when I pressed the queue group button and I did not receive rewards.

I was a healer. Also a DPS Gunslinger who was also eligible didn't get a reward.

Last time I wrote the ticket, I speculated many a thing outside of what you asked that might have caused the problem. Maybe someone can find my previous ticket that disappeared under mysterious circumstances and see if any of those made sense.

FYI: Until a developer takes notice of this issue and someone acknowledges the operation part of group finder is "not working as intended", I know more than three guilds consisting of dozens and even hundreds of members who are not going to touch group finder operations with a long stick.

I would also like to inquire the customer service why each and everyone's ticket was removed without an answer the last time we reported this (many of us created a ticket from the same ops group). For us, it felt like our concern and ticket was disregarded as "they don't know how to use the group finder" and thus those were moot tickets. Trust me, people might actually know following things:

a) Players know how to choose available operations from the group finder.

b) Players check to see if they are eligible for the reward.

Selethar
09.05.2012 , 12:31 PM | #15
Eligible FPs need to be fixed in group finder. Not sure why level 27s are being put into Athiss or level 33s in Mando Raiders.

metaIsaber
09.06.2012 , 05:47 AM | #16
I've experienced this 2 times. Unfortunately I haven't done any lately because of this very issue. Granted I eventually get the comms after posting a ticket, but that just ruins my enjoyment.

The only things I remember are, I was always a tank. Both were EV runs. It appears 4 people got comms and 4 people did not. Unfortunately I can't remember if we had to get any replacements. We did not wipe, though a few died along the way.

Ruskaeth
09.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #17
I just wanted to let the customer service know: I was stupid and tried this again. This time I wasn't the ops leader who queued the group. I hadn't done either of the operations and once again, some people got the rewards and some people didn't. Congratulations, one of your paying customers was stupid enough to try once more. As for what happened: Everything was done according to the golden rules of group finder conduct.

Another thing: I've heard that when people ticket these issues, they get their commendations refunded. I didn't ticket the one I told about in this thread first and neither am I going to ticket this one that occurred just now at the Nightmare Lands. I bet someone will from the group, and i bet they'll attach a screenshot also.

Once again, for crying out loud, admit something is wrong -if you can't fix it, provide instructions and reasons why people might not get those and what are the currently unknown specifics of how to make it work. Last reminder.

Rygho
09.06.2012 , 03:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
I just wanted to let the customer service know: I was stupid and tried this again. This time I wasn't the ops leader who queued the group. I hadn't done either of the operations and once again, some people got the rewards and some people didn't. Congratulations, one of your paying customers was stupid enough to try once more. As for what happened: Everything was done according to the golden rules of group finder conduct.

Another thing: I've heard that when people ticket these issues, they get their commendations refunded. I didn't ticket the one I told about in this thread first and neither am I going to ticket this one that occurred just now at the Nightmare Lands. I bet someone will from the group, and i bet they'll attach a screenshot also.

Once again, for crying out loud, admit something is wrong -if you can't fix it, provide instructions and reasons why people might not get those and what are the currently unknown specifics of how to make it work. Last reminder.
If someone in your Ops is locked out of one of the story mode Operations, you will only queue for the one they are not locked out of. Consequently, anyone in your Operation who is not locked out of one the Operations will not be eligible for the Group Finder reward as they will effectively be queuing for only one of the Operations.

This is, obviously, not ideal, may or may not be working as intended, and could certainly use some tweaking. However, if you want to avoid losing out on Black Hole comms while using the Group Finder for story mode Operations, the solution is to queue only while grouped with people who have the same eligibility as you do (i.e. not locked out of either Operation; or locked out of the same Operation).

You can check who in your group is locked out of an Operation by opening your Log (default L key) and clicking the Lockouts tab. You can queue as two separate groups (those who have 1 lockout and those who do not) and hope you get matched by the Group Finder.

Ruskaeth
09.06.2012 , 06:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rygho View Post
This is, obviously, not ideal, may or may not be working as intended, and could certainly use some tweaking. However, if you want to avoid losing out on Black Hole comms while using the Group Finder for story mode Operations, the solution is to queue only while grouped with people who have the same eligibility as you do (i.e. not locked out of either Operation; or locked out of the same Operation).
That sort of defeats the purpose of running two operations for the reward because I find it somewhat dubious that the exact same group would be doing both together or exact lockouts should matched. At least the group finder could be fixed if this is the issue, or it could say it on individual level "You are eligible" - "You are not eligible" before people go there. Now it would be hilarious to learn that if eight random people are queuing as single players and the group finder actually creates the group so that there are either a) people who have done one of the two operations or b) only people who have done neither.

Snoizer
09.06.2012 , 07:14 PM | #20

1. I know I was eligible. I am not sure if everyone in the group was. But that shouldn't matter. If only one member in the group is eligible, he/she should get the reward.
2. We were a full group of 4 from our guild doing a hard mode FP (Maelstrom Prison)
3. No, we went trough the whole instance without anyone leaving or disconnecting.
4. One of us died once, but never left the instance, he got an ress.
5. No.
6. I was signed as a damage dealer but no one in the group got the reward.

This has now happend two times for me, both time while in a full group of premades.