Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow Sents/Maras to Q as tanks for T1 group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Allow Sents/Maras to Q as tanks for T1 group finder

Atramar
09.04.2012 , 04:01 AM | #11
Uh, at one point, no.. please no... group finder with mara as tanks, will be wipe fest and reason to loose next 20% hair from my head... already to bold....
in premade 4 peeps, sure, hell, with my operative healer, and 2 friends, merc and marauder, we did LI HM, yes, 3 manned with no wipes (tank decided he's not wasting time with mele dps, so he left) with no voice communications (was to lazy to log on mumble).
but for random not full group, please... no....
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Kalebratha
09.04.2012 , 04:06 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
it would be very nice if you could skip role restrictions while in fully premade group, always. EV SM doesn't need second tank, KP SM also could be done with DPS tanking. .
That was basically my point. Although I have saved multiple pug groups from disbanding due to a tank leaving or dc'ing simply by taking over the tank role on my Sentinel. Perhaps a guild only or premade only option would be required. This doesn't just apply to Sents/Maras either. Allot of the classes in this game can take on more then just the "usual" roles. Its just a thought and speaking from experience it is completely possible.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

TheronFett
09.04.2012 , 04:24 AM | #13
Does anyone else find it funny that a pure DPS class can tank effectively? Might as well let them queue up as heals, since they can do that too.

Oh wait, we're talking about Sentinels and Marauders. Nevermind. There's really no point in playing any other class in this game.

Elear
09.04.2012 , 05:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Does anyone else find it funny that a pure DPS class can tank effectively? Might as well let them queue up as heals, since they can do that too.

Oh wait, we're talking about Sentinels and Marauders. Nevermind. There's really no point in playing any other class in this game.
Gunslinger/Sniper can tank any ranged boss just as fine, as long as there is natural cover. Commando also can take beating just fine and well played won't have any issues with threat. Sage is too squishy and Scoundel is too dependant on being behind target, but aside from them all other classes can tank flashpoin bosses just fine. Say thanks to FP nerfs.

Kalebratha
09.04.2012 , 05:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post

In my opinion every class in this game can excel at expanded roles, even more so when it comes to T1. Or maybe some just like being stuck in that little box.

MorgonKara
09.04.2012 , 05:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
Sure its possible, but how would you restrict it? They would have to implement gear checks or some kind of agreements. Because not everyone is at such a level. There are still plenty of new fifties everyday.

It wouldn't be fair to them to have to group with fake tanks, especially since people will abuse it. Dps currently have long wait times at certain times on certain servers. And idiots will abuse it to try and get a group pretending to be a tank, only resulting in the group disbanding once they realise.

In short, doing stuff like that can be left to guild runs or manually set up pugs where everyone knows what they're getting themselves into.
^this

I don't want to queue "groupfinder" as dps for an hour + only to get a group with a newb 50 marauder in greens as the so-called "tank". Marauders/Sentinels are not tanks.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Kalebratha
09.04.2012 , 06:16 AM | #17
Then lets call it "Advanced Group Finder". Those who are willing, geared or skilled enough can select what ever role they wish. Premades or guild mates suggested but not mandatory. Either way you get your daily coms and don't have to wait for the usual required classes to Q up. Might as well allow short handed access while we are at it. If 4 players aren't available then 2, 3 or even a solo could launch the flashpoint, complete it, get your daily done and call it a day.

wetslampigduex
09.04.2012 , 06:48 AM | #18
Makes sense most mara's i've seen try tanking anyways

Foenixz
09.04.2012 , 08:16 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalebratha View Post
Just to get the daily T1 hard mode flashpoints completed without having to wait for a "tank" class to Q up. Most flashpoints have been done short handed, solo, using companions etc. They are not that difficult so why not think outside the box and let us pick which role we would like to queue up as. It might help increase the group finder activity thus saving us time waiting around for the holy trinity to form.
Wow a better post for nerfing your defensive CDs a QQer could have never made TY
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Khevar
09.04.2012 , 11:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Makes sense most mara's i've seen try tanking anyways
I lol'ed irl