Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow Sents/Maras to Q as tanks for T1 group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Allow Sents/Maras to Q as tanks for T1 group finder

Kalebratha
09.03.2012 , 03:26 PM | #1
Just to get the daily T1 hard mode flashpoints completed without having to wait for a "tank" class to Q up. Most flashpoints have been done short handed, solo, using companions etc. They are not that difficult so why not think outside the box and let us pick which role we would like to queue up as. It might help increase the group finder activity thus saving us time waiting around for the holy trinity to form.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

wainot-keel
09.03.2012 , 03:47 PM | #2
Or healers too. If properly specc'd, you can heal the entire group. Imagine, you could get a full mara party. It'd be awesome.

KingofGob
09.03.2012 , 03:52 PM | #3
My gunslinger can use medpacks, can I queue as heals?

alifaraaz
09.03.2012 , 03:58 PM | #4
My PT has medpacs and 15% HP heal once every 2mins on Self! I could be a healer too
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

scullzomben
09.03.2012 , 04:21 PM | #5
OP isn't wrong. I have "tanked" HM BT, KuS, BP and Foundry on my Mara. The other DPS just need to let me get a half rotation off on the boss first and I generally dont lose aggro.

alifaraaz
09.03.2012 , 06:11 PM | #6
Sure its possible, but how would you restrict it? They would have to implement gear checks or some kind of agreements. Because not everyone is at such a level. There are still plenty of new fifties everyday.

It wouldn't be fair to them to have to group with fake tanks, especially since people will abuse it. Dps currently have long wait times at certain times on certain servers. And idiots will abuse it to try and get a group pretending to be a tank, only resulting in the group disbanding once they realise.

In short, doing stuff like that can be left to guild runs or manually set up pugs where everyone knows what they're getting themselves into.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

vojinsa
09.03.2012 , 06:58 PM | #7
why not let tanks and healers que and just use comp dps? ashara and nadia are great dps toons and usually dont have "gold fever".*

most sent/maras are idiots and only focus on the mob with the most hp leaving the adds alone.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

theStirge
09.04.2012 , 12:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by vojinsa View Post
why not let tanks and healers que and just use comp dps? ashara and nadia are great dps toons and usually dont have "gold fever".*

most sent/maras are idiots and only focus on the mob with the most hp leaving the adds alone.
This always pisses me off when I'm running on my Sent, jumping around murdering Normal mobs, then looking up and seeing that the other dps is glued to the Elite and all the other Normals are beating on the healer. lrn2killorder, plzkthxbai. And while we're on the subject, please, for the love of god, if your dps is melee and you get Normals beating on you, don't run away. You can't run fast enough to make them stop hitting you, so all you're doing is making me chase them and take longer to make them stop hitting you. If you must run, run toward the tank or the dps whose job it is to kill those Normals, i.e., me. /rant

AshlaBoga
09.04.2012 , 01:15 AM | #9
Cloak of Pain/Rebuke + Saber Ward isn't bad, but CoP/Rebuke won't make you a tank, it just means that you can take more damage than the other medium armour classes. And once Saber Ward goes on CD then you're going to be relying on heals from bleeds (assuming that's your spec).

So you could tank Tier 1 HM FPs but a Juggernaut/Guardian would have a much easier time. I did a HM Kaon with a mara tank but he was REALLY good and geared with 4/5 Black Hole.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Elear
09.04.2012 , 03:25 AM | #10
While it's dumb idea for normal, random queue, it would be very nice if you could skip role restictions while in fully premade group, always. EV SM doesn't need second tank, KP SM also could be done with DPS tanking. Forcing random people to go along with another random tank-wannabe is a big NO-NO, but if you get your own group that could do it just fine if not using group finder for comms, why not let them.