Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunting.

Crip
09.03.2012 , 04:34 AM | #1
Hi all

I loved bounty hunting on SWG and was a little surprised that swtor didnt include it, what with bounty hunting been a big part of the star wars story.

I understand it could cause some crying if only bounty hunters could pvp/pve bounty hunt. Even though it is their job. So i wouldn't complain at some kind of bounty term on the capitol planets or fleets that any class could take a bounty from. Although my first choice would be for bounties to be for bounty hunter only.

I havnt bothered lvling a bounty hunter because it is just an imp trooper without bounties. bioware could of maybe done that instead. made an imp trooper and added the bounty hunter as a class that both factions could choose.

Anyway. will we see pvp bounty hunting at any time in the future of SWTOR?

It would be nice if a Dev could comment on this please

Goretzu
09.03.2012 , 04:44 AM | #2
Yeah, it's one of the simplier things that could be added to the game which would add a fair bit of depth.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

krystianswtor
09.03.2012 , 04:46 AM | #3
they already messed up by making bounty hunters for imperials only so unless republic would have some sort of counterpart to this , it wont happen

Aelther
09.03.2012 , 05:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by krystianswtor View Post
they already messed up by making bounty hunters for imperials only so unless republic would have some sort of counterpart to this , it wont happen
I think they should have mirrored the classes better. It would have been much better if both Republic and Empire would have their own Troopers and Agents, While Bounty Hunters and Smugglers could have been neutral classes at the start, and after reaching level 10 would have to pick a faction. So that way both factions would have bounty hunters. And this way the game would have more classes too...

MajikMyst
09.03.2012 , 05:16 AM | #5
This issue was discussed in depth during the beta..

Until people come to terms with the idea that we as a community are going to have to work out the following as a community, it will never happen..

How does a player opt out of the bounty system??
Is there any time limit on the bounty itself??
Where can a bounty be attacked and where is he safe??
Would both fleet stations have to be made accessable to both factions??
Who supplies the funds for the bounty?? The player that was killed or the game??
What restrictions should be implace to limit exploits??
Are their any differences between PVP and PVE servers??
Are their any level a restrictions for requirements for participating in a Bounty??

The list goes on but you get the hint.. Nobody agree on the above and other issues... Thus the bounty system was not added..

In some cases, people need to really get detailed if they want to discuss an idea.. Especially when there are people that simply may not like the idea..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MajikMyst
09.03.2012 , 05:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
I think they should have mirrored the classes better. It would have been much better if both Republic and Empire would have their own Troopers and Agents, While Bounty Hunters and Smugglers could have been neutral classes at the start, and after reaching level 10 would have to pick a faction. So that way both factions would have bounty hunters. And this way the game would have more classes too...
The solution for that was that all classes would be able to participate in a bounty hunt.. It wouldn't be a bounty hunter only activity..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

SNCommand
09.03.2012 , 05:22 AM | #7
What do the other classes get then? Remember the outcry when only two classes could use the new weapons added in the last event? Four gosh darn weapons from an event, how do you think people will react to an entire sub-game system?

Bioware will have to install bullet proof glass for the lobby at their Austin department or something
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

kevlarto
09.03.2012 , 05:27 AM | #8
I could go for some sort of system if all classes get special content, one class should not get special content over any others, and a system that does not allow for griefing and should have opt in kinda thing, but it could be a fun element if done correct, like that gona happen ..LOL
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Nomaad
09.03.2012 , 05:32 AM | #9
Maybe perhaps the only real way for this to happen would be in a world pvp environment or battlground, where upon entering you would get a mission update to kill specific targets; I.E; a sage, guardian ect.
It's never what it is, only what it can be.

Ded'i

ImperialSun
09.03.2012 , 05:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by krystianswtor View Post
Player bounty system for Imps and player smuggling system for Rebs?

Opt in of course

Driz