Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who do you vote for MVP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who do you vote for MVP?

Banderal
09.03.2012 , 11:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
I vote in order to see if I get any votes myself.
Ha ha ha. I do this in really bad matches, where I want to give a LVP to everyone else on the team. I usually pick the person at the bottom of the screen, because they probably got into the game with like 10 seconds left do to someone else quitting.

In normal games I usually vote in the order of useful things I think are most rare, in order:

1. Special circumstances. Like the guy who was bug-stunned all game (although, come to think of it, if he'd been a *real* team player, he would have quit and let someone else in to help us - but we won anyway, so I didn't think of that at the time ). Or the guy who, literally *as the score board was coming up*, pulled the enemy ball carrier into the acid for the 1 to 1 tie-breaker win in a HB game (coolest ending ever).

2. Someone who politely calls out team-instructions to guide our efforts, win or lose. I've started trying to do this if I'm marked leader and no one else has taken it upon themselves. Actually been pleasantly surprised at times to see people respond and make a good game out of it.

3. Someone who is protecting me when I'm on my healer.

4. Person who stayed at the off node, and called out incs. I know how boring that is (and nerve wracking at the same time - because you just *know* a stealther is lurking out there... waiting... ).

5. I always check who that person is that went off by themselves to try to cap 3 when we have 2 perfectly good nodes to defend - I try not to MVP them.

Otherwise I look at objective points.

alexzk
09.03.2012 , 01:00 PM | #22
Nobody. Sometimes if it was good fight - somebody who was near me and didnt break CCs
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

SOULCASTER
09.03.2012 , 01:10 PM | #23
Lately i've been wishing i could MVP the enemy players.

HuntersPoint
09.03.2012 , 01:19 PM | #24
if I top the dps board I give it to the healer who kept my sentilol or sage alive.

*on huttball I give it to whoever tops the objective points.

NodnarbChawz
09.03.2012 , 02:12 PM | #25
I almost always vote for the person with the most objective points. As long as I'm not with a guild mate. If the team is total fail I go with healer or don't vote at all. I'm currently struggling to understand why highest damage receives votes. Is that ******* marauder/insert dps here going to town on a tank receiving heals really deserve a MVP vote?

Ghostuka
09.03.2012 , 03:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NodnarbChawz View Post
I'm currently struggling to understand why highest damage receives votes. Is that ******* marauder/insert dps here going to town on a tank receiving heals really deserve a MVP vote?
It is not always that. From my experience, "good healers" get more MVP votes than DPS classes. But then again, I see tanks and people who can "turn the game around" getting a lot of MVP votes too. In good teams, people notice who make decent contribution. Which is a nice thing.
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

vimm
09.03.2012 , 03:53 PM | #27
Fal'el
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Himeji_Endless
09.03.2012 , 04:58 PM | #28
I think its important for dps types to look at their total damage and their total kills ... efficiency in killing per damage done is what counts in my book. I commented on a video in the juggy forums to the guy that was in it re: the amount of damage dealt (2nd highest - mostly meaningless aoe smash on high life targets) vs. the number of kills he had (2nd lowest) .... on the same team, there was a healer who had high healing, the 2nd lowest damage output, but the HIGHEST kills. That healer would've gotten my vote!

Möurnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

Akomo
09.03.2012 , 05:21 PM | #29
Did someone actually heal me and keep me alive?Did they stay and defend an objective?Were they a good sport during the match?
These are my criteria.No one gets a vote if the team loses.Only guildies if any in the match.

Whiners, complainers and those that are generally disruptive get nothing from me.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

mrdert
09.03.2012 , 05:27 PM | #30
I vote based on objectives. I dont care if you had 1+ mill in healing, damage, or protection; if you weren't earning objective points you weren't really playing the game.
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us