Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who do you vote for MVP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who do you vote for MVP?

Kalfear
09.03.2012 , 04:27 AM | #11
In the past I was playing a Sage (healing spec) so would MVP the person that tried to protect me (IE: Id give a MVP vote about 5% of the time).

But I just got sick and tired of seeing imps run through Republic forces to attack me with out anyone even batting a eye the other 95% of time.

So I have switched to DPS Trooper and BH and to be honest, I dont give anyone a MVP vote anymore, unless playing with a friend or guildmate and then we MVP each other.

Why should I?

I know how annoying it is to not be protected as a healer so go out of my way to protect healers now as my BH and Trooper, and they still vote for their buddy who left them high and dry alone.

MVP is the worst system I have ever seen in any MMORPG.
Its nothing more then elementary school popularity contest.

So I dont give anyone a vote anymore.

Figure im not going to add to a system that doesnt work and is abused badly.
Rather see a no system in place like MVP

Some say new system for highest damage and kills and ect but I disagree as all that will happen is some players will forget about the team even more and just go out on their own to do damage and or kills. Heck I can see that system already being exploited and its not even in place.

Just take MVP and all mulipliers out and let the WZ be enough.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Gunsoblue
09.03.2012 , 05:15 AM | #12
If I feel someone was an obvious contribution to the team then I'll give them my vote

Darth_Alru
09.03.2012 , 05:31 AM | #13
I always vote for the player who has more points in "objectives" column. IMO pvp is not a "kill count" contest, you can't win if you can't open the door, for example.

Kattla
09.03.2012 , 08:21 AM | #14
Pri 1: If i am in a premade, i vote on some in my group.
Pri 2: If i know someone been solo guarding a node for most of the match, they'll get my vote.
Pri 3: Healer , a good dps , or someone with a high objective score.
Pri 4: Someone i like or know.
Pri x: i am sometimes bored, the match went VERY bad, i'll just vote on a random guy.

But i do try to vote every time. Think i missed out 3 or 4 times since i first began pvp'ing in this game.
Sometimes, i wish i could vote on the enemy too, for a "most annoying player".

Briljin
09.03.2012 , 08:24 AM | #15
Depends. Healer, player with high objective points, amazing DPS or someone who pulls of a clutch play that seals that game. There are too many possible methods to measure someones impact upon the game.

LittleLummo
09.03.2012 , 09:07 AM | #16
Seeing as i usually always play with a group of friends or guildies, we almost always vote each other. However when i do play solo, if somebody was guarding me or trying to protect me while healing they will get my vote. Also could be somebody with high obj points or dps. Sometimes if its a complete fail game and i dont think anybody deserves MVP i wont give it to anybody

RazielHex
09.03.2012 , 10:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by fatninja View Post
I have always voted for healers since they are very crucial in games and its harder for them to get medals since they are usually not on the offensive. So, I started playing a healer recently and I see everyone voting for highest damage done. So, who do you vote for MVP? and why?
Objective points.

vojinsa
09.03.2012 , 11:05 AM | #18
nobody since no one on that team is more valuable than me.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

John_Whalen
09.03.2012 , 11:07 AM | #19
Generally I am like most people, in that I vote for the person I notice helping me the most. If I am guarded by a certain tank, healed by a noticeable healer, or have someone defending a node/passing the ball with me a lot, then that person will get my vote.

If it's one of those games where I don't notice any of the above, then I always give my love to another tank. Our protection numbers never seem to get noticed beside first damage, then heals, then medals.
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
Darth Bane

Aehgo
09.03.2012 , 11:18 AM | #20
I give my vote to the guy guarding the weak node that actually calls incs.
To the guy that passess to the hutball and runs infront of ball carrier to offer pass options.
To the guy that uses CC's smartly(Probably give it to this guy the most..but there seems to be very few of them..)