Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf the crap out of Sorcerers

Mazikeen
12.19.2011 , 12:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MMOBrac View Post
As I said my problem with Sorcerers is in groups they can pretty much perma stun lock anyone. Given there is so many of them playing for whatever reason that happens a lot more often than you think. A stun immunity timer would fix that without affecting the class in any other way.

Honestly the fact that there isn't a stun immunity timer in game already seems odd to me. I guess classes where more balanced out in beta or something.
This is not a reason to nerf Sorcs, it's a reason to add a temp immunity timer. I saw you mention it before and agree. There's a difference, OP, between calling for a nerf and calling for a mechanics review
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

dreaderus
12.19.2011 , 12:23 PM | #22
well to be fair we dont know why they think its overpowered

MMOBrac
12.19.2011 , 12:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
This is not a reason to nerf Sorcs, it's a reason to add a temp immunity timer. I saw you mention it before and agree. There's a difference, OP, between calling for a nerf and calling for a mechanics review
You are right, I don't personally think anything beyond that is needed in PVP at this time myself. I might change my mind as time goes on but right now that's the only complaint I have about classes in PVP.

Well that and Huttball plays 3 times more often than anything else but that's because republic players don't pvp much on Space Slug it seems.

Electroflux
12.19.2011 , 12:26 PM | #24
Too many sith sorcerers in this thread.

It's ridiculous how I can be a Trooper doing great damage but have terrible capabilities against sorcerers. I get a bubble that doesn't absorb all damage but some damage for a very short time which really doesn't help.

Sorcerers get a bubble on a short cooldown that can absorb a certain amount of damage, therefore they're able to absorb 3 of my abilities. On top of that, they get heals that heal them at least 1/4 their hp while i get some crap heals that are just pathetic there is no point in using them. Also, they get CC's that can make you incapable of even playing the game on top of getting continously hit for ridiculously high damage and DOT damage.

Bioware should have known this from EVERY OTHER MMORPG that has clearly failed to realize that mage classes are always overpowered. You can't have a class that can heal, have tons of cc, damage higher then every class in the game, amazing mobility and a bubble all in one and expect them to be perfectly fine. Sith Sorcerers are not perfectly fine and I can guarantee you they will get nerfed and when they do, we can finally stop seeing so many of this terrible class for people that don't know how to play the game.

Sicknss
12.19.2011 , 12:29 PM | #25
A stun immunity timer would go a long way to fixing PVP in general without nerfing any specific class.
I'll second that.

Seltron
12.19.2011 , 12:45 PM | #26
@Electrolux

Really? You're a trooper, and you're complaining about dps, heals, and survivability combined in a single class. . . heh.
Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto
ing on Pot5 (HoGxfer)

Faolon
12.19.2011 , 12:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by StDogbert View Post
sorcerers? really? I have a pretty easy time killing them all the time.

Now a class that does need a nerf is bounty hunters every warzone i do bounty hunters are always the top of the damage chart.

I'd say the reason they're doing so much damage is because your "special" teammates(and probably yourself) don't get the freak out of the giant glowing red spot on the floor when it appears.

And probably have yet to figure out where it's coming from.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Cheska
12.19.2011 , 12:47 PM | #28
We SO are not over powered, I find myself rather helpless without Khem to keep the bigger bads off me, Scorerors are quite ah... Squishy, Altho static shield does help me, I dont pvp but I still dont see what the problem is O.o Assasians can kill stuff way faster than me.

Faolon
12.19.2011 , 12:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheska View Post
We SO are not over powered, I find myself rather helpless without Khem to keep the bigger bads off me, Scorerors are quite ah... Squishy, Altho static shield does help me, I dont pvp but I still dont see what the problem is O.o Assasians can kill stuff way faster than me.

In PVP, Sorcs have lots of damage(from range), CC, heals and their little bubble. Oh, and let's not forget their little speed boost ability.
They have, essentially, the most complete set of tools of any class.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

TheBiGGs
12.19.2011 , 12:52 PM | #30
As I said my problem with Sorcerers is in groups they can pretty much perma stun lock anyone. Given there is so many of them playing for whatever reason that happens a lot more often than you think. A stun immunity timer would fix that without affecting the class in any other way.

Honestly the fact that there isn't a stun immunity timer in game already seems odd to me. I guess classes where more balanced out in beta or something.
There is. Stop posting about it... It's called the Resolve Bar. Its the white bar next to your portrait in PvP, when you get CC'd too many times it goes white and you're immune to CC for a short period of time. The trick is just surviving that long.

As for Sorcerers and Sages, Sorcerers have instant damage on their lightning attacks which makes damaging SLIGHTLY faster, though not faster in the long run.

A slight touch might be needed, but they're just as cheap as any Commando or Sniper I've run across.
Dusk
"All is dark... But I still see."
Jung-Ma | Heavy RP Empire|PvP|Raids
www.allisdark.org