Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friends Trial email.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

prutherford
09.01.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
i have been trying to send a friends trial to someone and it has not sent the email, i have tried 3 different emails with no luck, is it not working. i am really wanting the speeder and he already has a copy of the game and card but he is waiting on me to send him the email to get the friend trial before activating it. and we have checked the spam folders and everything.
Current rig- Gigabyte Z68x-ud3h-b3,Core i5 2320,16GB Ram,ATI HD7950,40GB Intel ssd, 1TB WD Black, Windows 8 x64

Speire
09.01.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi prutherford,

It's possible that this could be due to your friend not opting to be contacted about EA products, news and events.

Please see our post about this for more information about how to resolve it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=498597#9

Please keep us up to date.

Speire | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

prutherford
09.01.2012 , 12:33 PM | #3
So they have to have an EA account to receive the email?
Current rig- Gigabyte Z68x-ud3h-b3,Core i5 2320,16GB Ram,ATI HD7950,40GB Intel ssd, 1TB WD Black, Windows 8 x64

Speire
09.01.2012 , 12:40 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again prutherford,

Not necessarily. You need to have an email address that is not already associated with EA/SWTOR or you need to opt in for the emails.

Since your friend has already purchased the game, he should already have an EA account. In this case, he just needs to change his settings as indicated in order to receive the friends trial email.

Thanks.

prutherford
09.01.2012 , 01:01 PM | #5
he does not have a EA account, he got the game at retail store. buti think we got it figured out.

Speire
09.01.2012 , 01:05 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi prutherford,

Can you tell me how you resolved this as it would be useful to know should this come up again.

Thanks.

prutherford
09.01.2012 , 01:12 PM | #7
set up a temp email, then had the invite sent there. it sent fine to that email so we set up the account on that email. and i guess we will change his email to his real email.

prutherford
09.01.2012 , 01:13 PM | #8
I do have one question, is there a way to make sure that it credited me for his trial?

Speire
09.01.2012 , 01:17 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again prutherford,

Please see our Help Center article for more information on how to redeem your Friends Trial rewards: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6406

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to come back to us!

RealAero
09.16.2012 , 01:27 AM | #10
Yeah, this is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it's dumb. I'm having the same problem trying to set my son up with a friends trial account. I filled out the referral, it's listed as one of my allowed referrals (I only have 24 remaining), but he never got the email. Now, I went in and went to his EA account and changed the settings, but now what am I supposed to do? It won't let me resend the initial email, and it also throws an error when I attempt to fill out the form again as if I never sent it in the first place. World of Warcraft has managed to figure out how to do this without problems (you can resend invitations and whatnot) but you can't figure it out? What am I supposed to do - I'm not willing to setup some phony email just to have things work because your system is so broken that when a friend wants to invite someone you can't even send an email. Please advise.