Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trouble getting polyfibe

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Trouble getting polyfibe

kobkillfest
12.19.2011 , 11:53 AM | #1
Has anyone else had trouble getting hold of this stuff? It says it's a grade 2 researched compound but no matter how many times I send my crew away to find some I never get any!

Seigenn
12.19.2011 , 04:00 PM | #2
Been gathering alot of it here lately.. Seems once you get ur Inv high enough you start getting alot more of it.. Make sure to only send them on the abundant, bountifull, or rich yeilds.. Seems the be the best chance at getting em.

_Flyboy
05.11.2012 , 04:54 PM | #3
I am already at grade 4 , but still cannot get polyfibe, and i got it when i was grade 2 a couple of times, then never again.. wonder if i'm doing something wrong. only doing blentiful and richest.. i am lvl 23 now, was unable to get since lvl 19

GnatB
05.11.2012 , 05:30 PM | #4
It's the purple for that level, it's... well, rare.

You'll only get it if you crit. assuming grey mission, base 15% chance + 5% (possibly) from maxed companion affect + up to 5% (possibly) from a crew skill crit bonus.

Yield of the mission is irrelevant. (except for how much you get if/when you DO crit)

Of course, a purple mission discovery for that level range will guarantee it. Also, if there are any people selling a lot of augmentable lvl 20 armsmech weapons, that requires the grade 2 blue mat. Odds are they're probably sitting on quite a few of the purple mat. Couldn't hurt to send them a whisper or e-mail asking if they have any for sale. I know I've been concentrating on augmented weapons so haven't had a chance to learn any schematics that would use the purple mat (yet). Only got that char up high enough to start crafting a couple weeks ago, and already have at least a half stack of the purple mat