Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trenhob
09.04.2012 , 01:37 PM | #81
I'm interested to see how the Resolve changes play out. Overload will be trickier to make good use of, but I won't say that's a bad thing until I've tried it. I am curious about
Quote:
Infiltration Tactics/Duplicity: Now when triggered, your next Shadow Strike/Maul deals 30% more damage and costs 75% less Force. This cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds, but each rank after the first reduces this rate limit by 3 seconds.
It implies the armor penetration on the talent we have now is gone. 30% flat out extra damage sounds like it should be an overall improvement though.
Belanos of Mad Sith Assassin Blog
<TORWars> The Shadowlands

alifaraaz
09.04.2012 , 01:38 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
30m Stun changes are going to murder my PvE experience. Everything else is a nice change and I see the need for it. But seriously Bioware, make abilities do different things as soon as you get into a warzone, then you have balanced PvP. Stop wrecking PvE and making people relearn their classes just so that PvPers have a nice experience.
Agree, its quite a pain that changes, which are great for PvP end up having a bit off a slap on PvE play. Having a 30m stun was especially useful when tanking trash allowing me to control more mobs at a time etc. Now that is restricted to 10m which is a pain considering most mobs use ranged attacks and don't come close.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Angryshooter
09.04.2012 , 01:38 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
30m Stun changes are going to murder my PvE experience. Everything else is a nice change and I see the need for it. But seriously Bioware, make abilities do different things as soon as you get into a warzone, then you have balanced PvP. Stop wrecking PvE and making people relearn their classes just so that PvPers have a nice experience.
this ^^ i totally agree, 10m is too short, i could manage 20m, but 10 no way, how am i supposed to play a commando/mercenary now?

DjSnazzyduds
09.04.2012 , 01:38 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
stun grenade only 10 meters?
now vanguards have not even 1 ranged stun ability, thnx BW for the crappy IP game u still create
Really? You play a Vanguard and you're complaining about something so minimal? Your class wrecks everything under the Sun with 3 buttons and no effort.
The Abrams Legacy
Absolut 60 Sorcerer | Shazzra 60 Operative | Zelkinege 55 Mercenary | Ozur'jek 60 Juggernaut

Unspokenevil
09.04.2012 , 01:39 PM | #85
The changes are a great start. But i can't help but ponder Will the devs allow us to test this on the PTS. Or are they just gonna drop this update on the 5th ?? If i had to guess i would say we will see no PTS time on this patch and it will be here very soon as in next week or so. So i beg of the devs don't forget that the PTS allows us the testers to really get in some good feedback. Lets see if we can get a dev in here to at least tell us if we are going to get PTS time or not!

DarthFamine
09.04.2012 , 01:40 PM | #86
the change to knockbacks is bad for PvE. this will make it far more difficult for consular/inquis to level and takes away their best escape/defense move.

Please stop destroying PvE for the sake of PvP

This has been a constant refrain since launch and I for one am simply tired of it.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

QuickBunnie
09.04.2012 , 01:41 PM | #87
I think that most of these changes are really only problems in Huttball, lol.

Resolve building too fast has only ever bothered me when facing the ball carrier, as well as the Sorc/Sage knockback on the bridges.

The purpose of resolve is to prevent characters from being continuously stunned and a general feeling of being unable to respond to attacks before dying. Unfortunately, this is not achieved by the current resolve system.

My proposed solution to the resolve system: resolve should build based on BOTH damage taken during stuns and duration of stuns. Other forms of resolve adding CCs feel more or less OK to me, although extended snares could certainly take another look.

A flashbang stun that is immediately broken shouldn't fill up the resolve bar completely, but a character should not be finally immune to CC's with 20% health left either.

Antiskeptic
09.04.2012 , 01:41 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleDaddy View Post
We are getting a 30 meter interrupt and no range nerf to our CC. You should be offering a goat in sacrifice, not complaining.
The way I read it is that we're not losing our knock back and that the interrupt is been given due to the nerf on cryo grenade.

Pistols
09.04.2012 , 01:42 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I play PvP quite a bit on my Consular/Shadow. There are a total of four (LOL) whole maps with the same 16 people killing each other over and over again while they talk trash to each other. It's riveting to say the least but good XP so I participate.

PvPers are NOTORIOUS whiners. There have been countless spoofs, memes, parodies, etc. making fun of their incessent nerd rage. (http://www.pwned.nl/) So now here we are, not even one year into SWTOR and every single patch has brought with it ridiculous "balance" changes. The entire player population now has to suffer because of a few loud mouthed whiners with small pathetic lives. Great. Thanks BW for caving into the same crap that destroyed SWG.
Hai pot, have you seen kettle anywhere? I find it ironic you nerd raged with this post with a lot of whining, yet you lumped another player base in this cage. Kinda funny.

Foobert
09.04.2012 , 01:42 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
stun grenade only 10 meters?
now vanguards have not even 1 ranged stun ability, thnx BW for the crappy IP game u still create
Vanguards are not supposed to be long ranged anyway. Why are you out at 30m when your burst dps is 4-10m and on top of that, the optimal tank distance is 10m (so that you can draw fire from both ranged and melee classes). The stun grenade was always more of a last-resort long-lasting interrupt anyway, not really intended for CC.