Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hett
09.05.2012 , 08:51 AM | #371
Quote:
Sorcerers and Sages:

Force Speed now has a 20-second cooldown (down from 30) for all Consulars and Inquisitors.
o.O

"Socerers and Sages" or "all Consulars and Inquisitors"?

Jarlgon
09.05.2012 , 09:00 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Hett View Post
o.O

"Socerers and Sages" or "all Consulars and Inquisitors"?
it is clearly stated

Senga_J
09.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #373
Aww man, I wish the rocket punch stun worked for powertechs as well, although the 10 meter range on electro dart isn't too bad since I'm usually close up as a pyro anyways...
POT5 Level 55's:
Serdatt (PT) Zerriest (Sin) Asareng (Mara)

Sundragon
09.05.2012 , 09:10 AM | #374
Another really annoying thing about this Overload change is fighting stealthers.

I'm in a fight against a class that can instant stealth, which means I know they are going to try to backstab me in the next few seconds. Well, I use overload and I can run away and knock them out of stealth........Which now I cannot do because I have to guess where they are since they are in stealth and hope I'm facing them (which is unlikely since they are trying to backstab me....so by definition they will be behind me). Oh wait, I got a 30-second modest self heal.....no that's not going to help me when I get backstabbed again, nowhere near as much as a 360-degree overload that could knock people out of stealth and root them.

BTW, if you want to fix resolve, do this: Make resolve fill FASTER (not slower, duh) if stunned/mezzed, but don't let resolve stack if the player is already stunned, another stun at the same time doesn't increase resolve. That way un-coordinated teams that mis-fire CC don't fill up the resolve faster than a coordinated team, but because each stun/mez results in more resolve than before, you are unlikely to suffer more than 2 stuns or 2 mez before you get full resolve. As it stands now, I'm going to get stunned and mezzed over and over before it finally fills up, which means I'm dead. The only time my resolve is full as a sorc is when I'm standing in the respawn area. Think about it.
█||||()||||█Ξ███████████████████)

Ansalem
09.05.2012 , 09:12 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Senga_J View Post
Aww man, I wish the rocket punch stun worked for powertechs as well, although the 10 meter range on electro dart isn't too bad since I'm usually close up as a pyro anyways...
yeah but I find the 10m range on electro dart amusing for arsenal spec since that is the big range spec...I guess they don't want us keeping that distance between the insane melee pvp dps...so 10m I can cast my stun, do 1 unload, a RS, and a HSM before I die

CadaKai
09.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4 blog in this thread!
The change to Overload / Force Wave is probably one of the most Miopic things you could have done. Do you Developers even play your game? You take the squishiest class and nerf their ability that allows them to knock people back who are smacking them and escape. This affects PVE significantly. Cannot believe the Devs can truly be this Obtuse.

The only good thing in this patch is adding an interrupt to classes that didn't have it before... the rest is pure tripe.

Coraine
09.05.2012 , 09:14 AM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by Vemtaz View Post
I'm completely sick of this BS.

In the 9 months I've been playing this game, every patch and update has been PvP focused. I am paying to play an MMO in a Star Wars universe. Not run around warzones repeatedly and mindlessly killing other players. There are already too many games out there for this. Why waste the Star Wars IP on PvP?

Bioware has wasted any chance they had at making an enduring Star Wars MMO my squandering this first year So many people have left over lack of content, and all we get are PvP balance and more warzones...

Seriously, I'm done. Back to real life for me...
This, this this and this. Lets not forget the useless legacy system, the NEW COMPANION and all the other meaningless garbage that Bioware continues to throw at us to try and patch the holes of a sinking ship. Why not just fix the gosh darn ship?

Also...PVP balance? Am i the only one going to say this?
NERF POWERTECHS NERF POWERTECHS NERF POWERTECHS! (aka vanguards)

Seriously, they have the highest damage output... with ridiculous burst and almost no ammo cost, they are ridiculously tanky, with a talent that reduces their shield's cooldown when they take damage, i mean even minor aoe contributes to this. On top of this they are the simplest class to play. In my mind, powerful classes are ok, but when someone runs around spamming 2 buttons and simply facerolls everyone, thats not competitive, its not enjoyable, and its not what high level pvp is about.

Before you say less qq, i have a 50 vanguard... which i dont play because its just mind-numbing and boring. Also can we have a gosh darn leaver penalty? And cross server wz? So we dont have to get stomped by the same 4-12 no lifer powertechs who spam the same 2 buttons over and over? No joke, people read their names and leave, every wz, with no penalty. Its a complete joke. Your game is destroying itself, and you guys arent paying enough attention to the real issues that need to be fixed.

But thats ok guys, heres a new companion.

Brb Guild Wars 2.

Darth_Philar
09.05.2012 , 09:14 AM | #378
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
it is clearly stated
Listing ACs and referencing "all" BCs is about as close to "not clear" as you can get without resorting to gibberish.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

Ansalem
09.05.2012 , 09:17 AM | #379
think its hillarious that they think this is an appropriate fix to resolve...they got it half right by making it so multiple stuns wouldnt insta fill the bar the only problem is now the bar will fill so slow you can be stuck in stunlock hell before it even gets close to fill and you will be dead. Didn't one of the devs say pre launch that they wanted to avoid stun locking in pvp?
Also, I'm getting sick and tired of mmos 'balancing' around pvp. You destroy the pve side or overpower both by trying to tinker with both. You need to separate them...make it so you have a pvp only spec that activates whenever you engage in pvp or auto flips when you join a warzone...separate skills/dmg/effects etc and leave the pve skills to the pve. Yet another game ruined by pvp balancing.

HarleysRule
09.05.2012 , 09:24 AM | #380
WOW these changes suck...especially force wave/overload. You might as well just nerf Guardians and Juggernauts again and your failure will be complete.

BTW will shields ever be useful against yellow damage?