Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

spookspook
09.05.2012 , 01:35 AM | #361
yet again the guardians have been left out of the cc skill family, how much longer will it be before you give us a cc?

HybridCode
09.05.2012 , 01:37 AM | #362
So are you gonna do nething bout snipers/slingers? Not only do they hit rediculously hard, they are hard to kill as well. They have too many defenses in my opinion. For being a medium armored character, they survive better than some heavy armored characters.

MilanoChris
09.05.2012 , 01:42 AM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Murder_Toys View Post
don t know want class your playing but my fully geared sorc with all campiagn with 1054 bonus damage
does great damage

stop crying .
And a decent mara/merc/PT will out DPS you.

1020 odd bonus damage, I do great DPS, but still lagging behind.

I'm not crying, typical forum big boy reply.

HollowVamp
09.05.2012 , 01:44 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Vemtaz View Post
I'm completely sick of this BS.

In the 9 months I've been playing this game, every patch and update has been PvP focused. I am paying to play an MMO in a Star Wars universe. Not run around warzones repeatedly and mindlessly killing other players. There are already too many games out there for this. Why waste the Star Wars IP on PvP?

Bioware has wasted any chance they had at making an enduring Star Wars MMO my squandering this first year So many people have left over lack of content, and all we get are PvP balance and more warzones...

Seriously, I'm done. Back to real life for me...
truth, and horrid pvp balances at that.
It's not the GREAT who are STRONG
It's the STRONG who are GREAT

magicfrek
09.05.2012 , 01:49 AM | #365
For the most part, I like the changes announced here. The overload change kind of concerns me, although giving it a 15 meter range sounds cool. Other changes seem great, especially the assassin buffs, looking forward to trying them out. However, I hope this won't be all the balance changes you plan to make for 1.4.
I've been looking for a reason to cause some chaos.

Le_Spiff
09.05.2012 , 01:49 AM | #366
I don't know whether the topic of AP Powertechs has come up, nor do I care if any of you care, but here goes.

I would like to see a increase in elemental damage to get a bit closer to the dps output of the Pyrotechs. Having played both Pyro and AP in PVE and PVP it seems that AP is the only broken talent tree for the Powertech AC. Pyros do more damage consistently in PVP and can light up mobs in PVE very easily whereas APs struggle to keep up (in PVP, in PVE however APs can do a decent amount of damage).

To resolve this i think APs should be given an extra 5% elemental and internal damage when they spec prototype cylinder ventilation, that means 2.5% per point. That should be enough to increase the output and make playing AP more fun. That will bring the total increase for elemental and internal damage to 10%.

Also, it would be wicked awesome if grapple had a 1 second root without having to talent it under shieldtech. I don't know anyone in real life that can get grapple and still run away. That doesn't make much sense. Make it real[er] yo. And please bring back the old shieldtech trees, i miss Ironfist spec.

Anything else they change doesn't bother me.
The Bastion - PT Daecon 55
The Harbinger - PT Chithon 55 Merc Deacon 55 Mara Loong'Dragon 55 Sin Daemon 55

SpawnX
09.05.2012 , 01:50 AM | #367

In the 9 months I've been playing this game, every patch and update has been PvP focused. I am paying to play an MMO in a Star Wars universe. Not run around warzones repeatedly and mindlessly killing other players. There are already too many games out there for this. Why waste the Star Wars IP on PvP?

Bioware has wasted any chance they had at making an enduring Star Wars MMO my squandering this first year So many people have left over lack of content, and all we get are PvP balance and more warzones...

I agree but since they aren't doing anything big in terms of post lvl 50 yet, they are stalling with PvP to prevent more people from leaving. Hopefully with an increased level cap they will bring more content. But i'm still not giving up and saying i'm done with this game. I still have hope.
Spwn-(50 Marauder)
Stryverr-(25 Powertech)

Hemmje-DK
09.05.2012 , 01:53 AM | #368
Hey looks ok but still we need more charater slots hate having to delete more lvl 50`s next i have to delete my 5th 50 !! waste of time !

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 01:55 AM | #369

PvE had been perfectly fine if BW actually had tweaked the things the PvP'ers are asking for. But they're not, they're doing the exact opposite and in this case they're actually changing things that no PvP has ever complained about. If anything I'd say that the game has lost more avid PvP'ers than PvE'ers, based on the fact that PvP Q pops are taking a long time despite that we havent reached critical mass yet.

Daiiken
09.05.2012 , 08:46 AM | #370
I rarely post on these forums but some post made my brain bleed...
For one, guardians and juggs have 1 pish back that needs to to direct yourself towards an enemy and aim where you want them to go.
Takes work but then again a game should be equal to all players, so even sages.

Then i saw this
Quote:
yet again the guardians have been left out of the cc skill family, how much longer will it be before you give us a cc?
I play guardian, dispite its DPS nerf to no end, i love it.. so here goes it, you are the CC! : Stasis, hilt strike, Awe, force push.
Just learn to play yours class properly.