Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kjng
09.04.2012 , 11:53 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by kjng View Post
Having read the changes, I am borderline happy/indifferent to the changes for 1.4, except for the force stun range reduction.

I have a shadow tank, and the only skills that have 30m range are force pull and force stun. Both of these have relatively long cooldowns. For warzones that have objectives where opponents have to arm/disarm/slice, I use these two skills to interrupt caps from 30m. By reducing the range of force stun to 10m, I will only have one skill that has a 30m range, and with a long cooldown (45s as compared to a knight/warrior 15s 30m charge).

As such, relative to other classes, even knights/warriors, shadows will be the most affected by the range reduction of force stun. Our ability to interrupt caps will be next to non-existent.

I know that this post will probably be ignored by most players and all BW developers, but if by any chance someone from BW do read this, kindly consider how the range reduction will have a considerable effect on shadows/assassins.

My suggestion is to keep the range of force stun to 30m, but the stun being effective only at 10m. This will be in line with the intentions of the developers, as well as allowing shadows/assassins to better emergency cap interrupt.
On further thought, correct me if i am wrong, a full infiltration specced shadow will have zero skills that can interrupt a cap from 30m in 1.4.

Maleekee
09.04.2012 , 11:53 PM | #332
I play a deception based hybrid assassin Dps.

I have my black speeder i am campaign geared and I would like to see a dps increase. Either by decreasing some costs of abilities or maybe just a base increase. I find it unacceptable to be parsing versus a marauder lesser geared by far, and being beaten. by a decent margin.

I also feel that operative dps needs to be adjusted, it is kinda effed up to think man ye know if I really wanted to be dps i should have made a marauder or jug or a pt..

im not asking for us to start blowing them away but get us playing in the same ballrpark..

MajikMyst
09.04.2012 , 11:53 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Thepainfairy View Post
Dual spec? stop delaying this! how long will it take you to act on this?
Some people don't want dual spec.. What we have now is fine.. Just saying..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Fleurdelis
09.04.2012 , 11:58 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Windybanker View Post
They just made Force Speed remove all stuns and snare and lowered the cooldown to 20s. Those are AWESOME buffs in exchange for the cone Overload.
Awesome. So if im running the huttball all i have to do is hit force speed and i cant be stopped on my way to the endzone. Cool. (not)

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 12:01 AM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Some people don't want dual spec.. What we have now is fine.. Just saying..
On that note, they could atleast get rid of the re-spec cost. We can't even re-spec to run tests on a dummy now without eventually having to pay 24K'ish.

WrecklessMEDIC
09.05.2012 , 12:04 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazjan View Post
These are all great changes and stuff you guys still don't want to realize what truly wrong with the game. We don't want new content. We want things that are already in the game fix. Can we get a Social Update, Like sitting in Chairs (How do you make a MMORPG like Star Wars mostly like the biggest Role-play Universe and not have the most basic concept to a MMORPG games like Sitting in Chairs, A detail Character Customization. Chat bubbles.

When you think of Star War you don't think of Human, You think of all the different Alien Races it has that is what caught our imagination.
I'd take new content over "sitting in chairs" anyday, honestly. Chat bubbles would be nice, but still not as important as content IMO.

MajikMyst
09.05.2012 , 12:12 AM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
On that note, they could atleast get rid of the re-spec cost. We can't even re-spec to run tests on a dummy now without eventually having to pay 24K'ish.
I don't have an issue with them decreasing the cost.. But I don't think it should be free.. The entire point of having a spec isn't to change it when you do something else.. If that were the case, there would be no point to having a spec at all..

I am not against people changing their spec.. I am against it being to convenient and to painless..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 12:22 AM | #338
I don't have an issue with them decreasing the cost.. But I don't think it should be free.. The entire point of having a spec isn't to change it when you do something else.. If that were the case, there would be no point to having a spec at all..

I am not against people changing their spec.. I am against it being to convenient and to painless..
You do realize that there are other consequences from re-speccing that already limits players, right? For instance, how often do you have to re-spec in the middle of something? That alone is rendering the entire convenient/painless argument moot. Add to this that pure re-specs such as dps to tank or dps to healer often require that the person swtiches gear too, or atleast for it to be optimal. It takes quite some time to get two top tier end-game sets. Hence, people re-speccing left and right wouldnt be an issue and it would definitely not have an impact on the gameplay.

aeterno
09.05.2012 , 12:23 AM | #339

I'm rolling a dps guardian for pvp purposes. I'd love dual spec to run tank for flashpoints. As it stands I simply stopped gearing for it cos the cost of swapping around is simply too prohibitive. Enjoy the longer wait times for lfg pops cos tanks are a huuuuge bottleneck in my experience. Even as a healer I've had to wait ages to get a pop, most of the time queuing as a tank it's insta pop. If BW were smart they'd get dual spec in yesterday.

Hard to say about these changes. Predictable sage/scorc qqs, despite the fact force speed is gonna be crazy good and will make up for force wave/overload quite nicely.

Bedrayne
09.05.2012 , 12:24 AM | #340

I guess yo uare someone who doesn't do both PvP and PvE or, if you do indeed do PvE are one of the rare people who enjoys long queue times. I am one who has heal capable 50s who might be tempted ot heal for the comms if it wasn't such a PITA to respec (cost, money, redo bars, swap gear - assuming I have it on me). And if you even remotely think that most classes have the same spec for PvE as PvP you really need to look a little harder. For those who want to do well in the game dual spec (or more) is a very high priority.