Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

09.04.2012 , 12:46 PM | #21
Finally! A scrapper buff!

Thank you!!!

09.04.2012 , 12:46 PM | #22
looks very good. I think 1.4 is going to be a massive patch
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

09.04.2012 , 12:47 PM | #23
Why do developers let PVP mess up PVE?
Makelele - Juggernaut Tank
Silent Council

09.04.2012 , 12:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleDaddy View Post
We are getting a 30 meter interrupt and no range nerf to our CC. You should be offering a goat in sacrifice, not complaining.
Yes well I swear the first time I read this "change" it was listed as Jet Boost and Concussion Charge being changed to no longer push-back, not Stock Strike/Rocket Punch.

09.04.2012 , 12:48 PM | #25
interrupt for commando = good
revamping the itemization would be better, if you want commando dps to stack aim/power respectively then you need to actually put that into the gear sets. I'm tired of blowing money and time to buy medic blackhole pieces and pulling out mods and enhancements that have power and replacing my crit/surge mods.

You could revert the change to commando dps and make demo round worthwhile and causing crit/surge pieces to be desired instead of medic crap. Now I do understand a few AC's are in the same boat needing one stat that isn't on the gear set of their spec, that's a problem too I just don't have dps numbers for those classes or experience with them.

Bottom line, commando/merc needed an interrupt which bravo for making one. Re-vamping gear or stat priority would be better. Boosting dps output on top of all of that would make commandos desirable again.

afterthought, boost fire trap damage in huttball or how fast it ticks. People getting healed through fire is retarded.
"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan

09.04.2012 , 12:48 PM | #26
Overload changes have to be reconsidered. In PVP (especially rateds), a healer has multiple players trying to kill them at once. Those players don't only attack at 120 degrees in front of my character. So while your light armor wearing sorc is trying to heal herself and the group she is supporting while being attacked from players 360 degrees around her, you want her to turn and use overload in hopes of catching the majority of them.....

Overload as it stands today is a 2 second break from melee attacks that might help me move away in time to squeeze one heal before they are back on me.

yeah right.

09.04.2012 , 12:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by frizbee View Post
Why do developers let PVP mess up PVE?
Really? I mean...really?

09.04.2012 , 12:49 PM | #28
Every patch you nerf things for PVP that will have an unintended impact on PVE. Do you think force stun isn't used in PVE?

Is it not possible to have abilities work 1 way in PVP zones and another outside?

09.04.2012 , 12:50 PM | #29
As a Sorc healer, I have to say I HATE the Overload change and feel it is going to affect healer survivability negatively.

I primarily use Overload in two situations in PvP.

1. I'm getting swarmed and stunned. Foes all around beating me and stunning me, I spam my Overload button til I break free of stun and can get it off. It gives me breathing room and a chance to survive. NOW, in the middle of a group of foes who are beating and stunning my ***, I will need to maneuver around, FACE them, and then hit Overload? The only GOOD news is I won't need to sit on another healer to give them room.

2. I'm running like hell with someone beating on my *** (I also do this in PVE). Now I'm going to have to turn around, run MORE SLOWLY backwards and blast them while I continue to take damage.

I stuck it out through the Sorc healing nerf; I'll stick it out through this, but damn, healing in PvP pre-50 is rare as hell already; I can't imagine what it will be like after this. (I can't speak much for 50 lately since I haven't been PvPing there the past month or two, but I know we lost quite a few in the "Great Sorc Nerf of 2012").

09.04.2012 , 12:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Really? I mean...really?
They just made Force Speed remove all stuns and snare and lowered the cooldown to 20s. Those are AWESOME buffs in exchange for the cone Overload.