Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aikiyc
09.04.2012 , 06:41 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
LMAO r u kidding me?

1. Merc gets an interupt.... ranged DPS with heavy armor... w/o a backside anymore

2. No nerfs on Marauders??? that so lame they r so IMBA in both PvE and PvP

come on BW wake up!
Again... This was not the full patch notes. This was a mechanics changes preview. Nerfs to damage and the like will be revealed in the ACTUAL patch notes. Not in this preview. Calm down. :P
The Teltae Legacy
There's no escape from the mind.

tausser
09.04.2012 , 06:44 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by miglor View Post
Once again PVP QQ's ruin it for PVE folks. Thanks BW!
LOL, not sure how I erased the post I was working on but it came to this ^^ basically.

And what the heck is up with those armors in the first shot, the black outfit in particular? This is Start Wars? Really?
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

bobmcbo
09.04.2012 , 06:46 PM | #253
As a mercenary healer, I like the sound of this.
.never forget

Wewtzorz
09.04.2012 , 06:46 PM | #254
Definatly do NOT like these changes.

all reasons have already been mentioned, just throwing in my vote that this is a horrible idea for 1.4

Legalsomewhere
09.04.2012 , 06:49 PM | #255
Adding my 2 cents on the revamp of the talented Rocketpunch/stock strike.
In my opinion adding the snare affect and taking out the knockback will remove a strategic knockback that Arsenal Mercs have. Whether intended or not, the knockback served as a defensive move that could interrupt Marauders ravage/heals/Assassin procced FL and provide some distance (although hardly much to make the distance worth it).
The change is really only going to affect Arsenal mercs as the current talent point is too high in the Arsenal tree to be picked up in the other specs, therefore I'll address the issue in the perspective of an Arsenal Merc rather bodyguard spec.

Because of the extremely close range for rocket punch to go out, you will be in melee range for more likely than not, most of the snares duration, let alone create enough distance to start a Tracer missile without them interrupting you once it breaks.

I don't always play Arsenal but when I do, i use Rocketpunch to interrupt ravages/force lightnings, and this change not only seems like a nerf in its relevancy in pvp but a nerf to the tactical usage of a skill.

Dreadfell
Bastion

Majedron
09.04.2012 , 06:51 PM | #256
Looks like PVP ruins another fine game. Why can't devs think oh, lets improve the underpowered instead of swinging the nerf bat over and over till there is nothing left.

BTW, LEAVE ME MERC ALONE!

Aikiyc
09.04.2012 , 06:53 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Majedron View Post
Looks like PVP ruins another fine game. Why can't devs think oh, lets improve the underpowered instead of swinging the nerf bat over and over till there is nothing left.

BTW, LEAVE ME MERC ALONE!
There's pretty much no direct nerf in the preview. How closely did read the preview, exactly?
The Teltae Legacy
There's no escape from the mind.

SlickAWG
09.04.2012 , 06:54 PM | #258
"Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the ability animation."

So, so very excited for this. Can't wait to see what Force Wave will look like once this is implemented. Just knowing that I won't need to wait for the Super Stomp animation to finish before pushing enemies back brings a smile to my face.
Thank you, Bioware, for changing the name. Now that I'm not a "wizard", can we make my lightsaber less of a "wand"?

Asmok
09.04.2012 , 06:55 PM | #259
Thye should call this game Stealth Wars , form what they have said. gurantee it your gonna see people hitting and leaving more and more, stealth classes every where now. . You thought it was bad now with all groups of stealthers now? they gave them a increase in there ability to use it more often so ya good game on that one.

And with that when u got back stabbed on your sorc or hit from behind your knock back is in front of you lol ya that was good design there.

And with changes made to vanguard/powertech funny that people really say that there a mellee class with a gun that kills me . I do not know of any gun that only shoots to 10 m and that taking away certaina abilitites to only limit them for bigger hits down below 10m in most cases. well those class got borked with your resolve system that was stated and other mellee classes as well if your going to get chained stunned up clsoe and personal , I wouldnt want to be a mellee class thats for sure. Ranged just became 2nd to stealth classes imho and moved mellee down.

But Ill take it with a grain of salt and wait to see what really comes out I know this is just a prelude to whats coming but doesnt really look promising except for a merc interupt lol.
Why run you just die faster.

Can you Imagine If I could do all I can - Sun Tzu

xianphoenix
09.04.2012 , 06:55 PM | #260
I am sorry BW this patch will suck I mostly solo my stuff now I have to wait 2 min to use my cloak and force wave is a cone really?! I use my stealth for killing mobs and now I have to wait 2 min between enemies. Please dont implement this.