Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maelstrom Prison/Taral V Drops

Jaebe
08.31.2012 , 02:24 PM | #1
Hi all,

Just finished my third run-through of Maelstrom with my smuggler and have yet to see a single cunning drop from a boss on either this or five goes through Taral V.

Now clearly there is an element of randomness and some things can be chalked up to bad luck, but on three of the attempts half the party was cunning based.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Khevar
08.31.2012 , 02:52 PM | #2
When my first toon hit 50 and I started doing HMFP I got no drops for days, despite using the group finder at every opportunity.

However, it smoothed out in the end. My second and third 50 didn't have this problem (got a offhand Columi blaster and Rakata chestpiece the next day after my gunslinger dinged 50).

I would chalk it up to a bad streak which should get better.

Be sure to always get the daily and weekly missions before doing HMFP -- those give Columi token rewards so you can buy gear as well (except for weapons).

uniz
09.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaebe View Post
Hi all,

Just finished my third run-through of Maelstrom with my smuggler and have yet to see a single cunning drop from a boss on either this or five goes through Taral V.

Now clearly there is an element of randomness and some things can be chalked up to bad luck, but on three of the attempts half the party was cunning based.

Has anyone else noticed this?
naw before the smart loot changes my guild hated to bring me a ss gs as only cunning stuff would drop. after the changes it is a little more even as the classes you don't have wont get loot dropped for them.

even after the changes the best chance you can get is 50% as a smuggler since we don't have a tanking spec. that is with 3 smugglers and something else will put you at 50% and not the 75% most people erroneously believe.

if half of your party is cunning based your best chance is 50% and worse is 33%. still enough room for the rng to make you unlucky.

just make sure you kill the droid in teral V as it can now drop columni grade non set bonus pieces. this can include a chest piece too but it is more rare. the implants and ear pieces are the more common drops.

Raltar
09.01.2012 , 02:31 PM | #4
Unfortunately, random is random. The only real alternative is to make one token for all classes, but that would be a horrible idea.

Jaebe
09.02.2012 , 10:25 AM | #5
Thanks for the replies all, but I should have specified that this was my experience with SM runs. HM's have been fine from what I've seen.