Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top Marauders Don't Use Marauder Gear, BioWare, Time for a Change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Top Marauders Don't Use Marauder Gear, BioWare, Time for a Change

Megatfx
09.08.2012 , 12:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
As a new level 49 marauder, it would be nice if there were someplace I could go and actually look up information on the process once I hit 50.

1) take the token, not the recruit gear
2) take the 3500 ranked warzone comms and 2000 warzone comms I have and buy X, X, and X.
3) use the rest of the recruit money to buy x, x, and x.
4) ......
5) .....
etcetera
Oh really? Well if you looked at all the posts on the first page you'd see this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=525404

Megatfx
09.08.2012 , 12:43 PM | #22
7156 crit on Force Scream today.

Seventhfire
09.13.2012 , 02:37 AM | #23
Lol OK, this seems pretty important so imma just jump in here and be that noob asking for a quick protip:

I'll be turning 50 very shortly with approx 2500 RWZ comms and 2K WZ comms.

What should be my first pvp purchases, or alternatively, what sets/pieces should I be aiming for first?

Pvping as Anni.

-Yui-
09.13.2012 , 02:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Seventhfire View Post
Lol OK, this seems pretty important so imma just jump in here and be that noob asking for a quick protip:

I'll be turning 50 very shortly with approx 2500 RWZ comms and 2K WZ comms.

What should be my first pvp purchases, or alternatively, what sets/pieces should I be aiming for first?

Pvping as Anni.
You should get the Warhero mainhand first and foremost. Next, you would want to pick up some +surge/+crit to get around the 30%/75% (buffed) mark.
meh

Seventhfire
09.13.2012 , 02:44 AM | #25
Sweet, thanks for that. Should I be aiming to get that surge/crit from Jugg gear or Mara gear?

NodnarbChawz
09.13.2012 , 07:20 PM | #26
I think the ridiculous thing is that the OP got full WM marauder gear and didn't realize there were better set bonuses unless I totally missed something. I've spent a ton of hours working on my WM sniper gear and I know what I want days or at least hours before I get there. *** were you doing in your spare time would be my question.

That being said, marauder gear should be the desired gear for a marauder which apparently Bioware has confirmed. I also have to say that I enjoy these types of small advantages you can receive by paying attention. I'm all over the place here, but *** it.. I like to drink.

-Yui-
09.14.2012 , 01:34 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Seventhfire View Post
Sweet, thanks for that. Should I be aiming to get that surge/crit from Jugg gear or Mara gear?
It won't make any difference which gear you get it from, just make sure you get the lower end and higher crit/surge one. We're a DPS class so we don't prioritize endurance. Unless you want to create a tank mara
meh

Reek
09.14.2012 , 01:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by NodnarbChawz View Post
I think the ridiculous thing is that the OP got full WM marauder gear and didn't realize there were better set bonuses unless I totally missed something.
See that statement is what I'm talking about. That it is ridiculous to somebody that a Marauder went with the Marauder gear is, well, ridiculous.

Back when I got War Hero gear I don't believe the set bonuses were transferable. It's been so long ago that I don't really remember.
Reyk / Reekx / Daemen / Iyapo
Vulkar Highway: 3rd Battlemaster, 1st Full War Hero Gear