Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top Marauders Don't Use Marauder Gear, BioWare, Time for a Change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Top Marauders Don't Use Marauder Gear, BioWare, Time for a Change

Reek
08.31.2012 , 07:21 AM | #1
Current Reality: the vast majority of top level PvP Marauders are using the mods from Vindicator (Juggernaut heavy armor) gear for the 10% extra damage after a charge.

BioWare, that should indicate to you that it's time to make some adjustments to the bonuses in the Marauder set.

Actually the reality of the situation is a well geared top level PvP Marauder hardly uses any mods at all from the Marauder gear. Mostly we use mods/armorings from Vindicator pieces and enhancements from Force Mystic gloves. That kinda sucks for those of us who grinded out the Marauder gear and now we have to grind out a full set of Battlemaster Vindicator gear and then War Hero Vindicator gear plus several pieces of Battlemaster Force Mystic gloves and then War Hero Force Mystic gloves.
Reyk / Reekx / Daemen / Iyapo
Vulkar Highway: 3rd Battlemaster, 1st Full War Hero Gear

HammerHermann
08.31.2012 , 11:49 AM | #2
Lol what's wrong you don't want to grind it out because you're late to the party? So what! Do you realize how much modding goes on with gear in PvP? I like this setup. Those willing to do a little checking around can benefit from their tweaks. Like my PT is using non PvP shells for a bonus to RS.

Megatfx
08.31.2012 , 12:06 PM | #3
Ouch someone grinded weaponmaster

Reek
08.31.2012 , 12:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHermann View Post
Lol what's wrong you don't want to grind it out because you're late to the party?
Um, no? I have a Warlord Marauder and 3 War Heroes. Grinding is nothing to me. The problem is that Marauder gear SHOULD be the best gear for Marauders. I'm not sure why that wasn't clear from my post. When you look at the Marauder gear of the top Marauders, very little, if any, is actually Marauder gear. That should indicate to BioWare that they have failed to give us proper set bonuses.

Megatfx
08.31.2012 , 12:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Um, no? I have a Warlord Marauder and 3 War Heroes. Grinding is nothing to me. The problem is that Marauder gear SHOULD be the best gear for Marauders. I'm not sure why that wasn't clear from my post. When you look at the Marauder gear of the top Marauders, very little, if any, is actually Marauder gear. That should indicate to BioWare that they have failed to give us proper set bonuses.
Assassins wear four piece force-mystic tionese or columni armor while using battlemaster armorings to get the four set bonus that gives them more force. (takes them from 100 force to 150 force)

DPS Operatives wear two piece Tionese Operative gear because of the 2 piece set bonus.

Sorcs wear two piece Tionese as well for shorter CD innervates. You'll find most classes have a better alternative to the pvp set bonus'

M_Ngc
08.31.2012 , 02:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Assassins wear four piece force-mystic tionese or columni armor while using battlemaster armorings to get the four set bonus that gives them more force. (takes them from 100 force to 150 force)

DPS Operatives wear two piece Tionese Operative gear because of the 2 piece set bonus.

Sorcs wear two piece Tionese as well for shorter CD innervates. You'll find most classes have a better alternative to the pvp set bonus'
^ this.

The way they optimized the gear is so bad
Chea
Retired 3.1k Marauder
<Casual>
Prophecy of the Five

wetslampigduex
08.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by M_Ngc View Post
^ this.

The way they optimized the gear is so bad
pretty sure this was done with intent that way the best gear isnt the cookie cutter mold. ppl who put the time and effort into looking around and doing a bit of research end up being much better off than the avg "warhero"

Xerain
08.31.2012 , 03:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
pretty sure this was done with intent that way the best gear isnt the cookie cutter mold. ppl who put the time and effort into looking around and doing a bit of research end up being much better off than the avg "warhero"
I think this is true...

But yeah I wish they would make it so it was easier to mod all your gear the best possible it can be instead of grinding it out.

And we do need the same pvp set bonus as far as 4pc goes but we need a useful 2 set!!! Give us the mara 4 set and the dps jugg 4 set!!!!

Reek
08.31.2012 , 06:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
I really don't think I'd give BioWare that much credit. Personally I think they just didn't really know what they were doing.

JahXIII
08.31.2012 , 07:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reek View Post
The problem is that Marauder gear SHOULD be the best gear for Marauders. I'm not sure why that wasn't clear from my post.
Why should it be the best gear for Marauders? those should only act as a guideline and from there you go playing around with gears and so on.

No offense, but you really have no argument here at all, and even if you try building an argument for this topic it will only appear very childish to expect everything to be catered and served directly by the developers.