Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This comic cover is, well, peculiar.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
This comic cover is, well, peculiar.

Thylbanus
09.01.2012 , 05:06 PM | #11
Well we have the Anzat, who are quite vampire like. Then you have Sith Sorcery that has created zombies, as well as the Blackwing virus. In the "Clone Wars" the Dothomiri made an Army of the Dead (where's Ash when you need him?) and then again in "Death Troopers". Dr Evanzan created a resurrection serum similar to "Herbert West - Re-Animator" by H.P. Lovecraft (although I do love Jeffrey Combs in the movie). The Rakghouls are ghouls if you take away Rak.
They could also be compared to lyncanthropes, since once bitten the change into a beast. Speaking of werewolves, there is the Codru-Ji.

Why is a sucubbus such a stretch?
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Neverfar
09.02.2012 , 04:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Well we have the Anzat, who are quite vampire like. Then you have Sith Sorcery that has created zombies, as well as the Blackwing virus. In the "Clone Wars" the Dothomiri made an Army of the Dead (where's Ash when you need him?) and then again in "Death Troopers". Dr Evanzan created a resurrection serum similar to "Herbert West - Re-Animator" by H.P. Lovecraft (although I do love Jeffrey Combs in the movie). The Rakghouls are ghouls if you take away Rak.
They could also be compared to lyncanthropes, since once bitten the change into a beast. Speaking of werewolves, there is the Codru-Ji.

Why is a sucubbus such a stretch?
It's more like yet another step in a downward spiraling path of cheap cash-ins to blend in with other fantasy fiction.

If I saw space elves, I'd be very tempted to jump ship.

Extortioninc
09.02.2012 , 06:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
It's more like yet another step in a downward spiraling path of cheap cash-ins to blend in with other fantasy fiction.

bring back the space smurfs! we want space smurfs! we want space smurfs!

Thylbanus
09.02.2012 , 07:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post

Funny you said that, Star Wars elves are called Sephi.
Plus, Warhammer 40K has space elves, they are called Eldar.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

ReiKai
09.02.2012 , 05:54 PM | #15
I don't see what the issue is with the comic cover. Already have winged people in Star Wars. We have the S'kytri, one of which was an apprentice to Vader. And Zeltron were pretty much the Incubus/Succubus race of Star Wars. Elves they already kinda had with Arkanians who had that high-mighty attitude like High Elves, and Master Arca of the Jedi was actually part alien and had Pointed Ears, to which Jarael inherited.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

HellbirdIV
09.02.2012 , 06:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
But seriously ? Vampire/Succubus in SW ?
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Hell you should see what Marvel comes up with sometimes.
Actually... This species WAS created by Marvel.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/S%27kytri

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_..._The_Long_Hunt

RobNightfall
09.02.2012 , 07:38 PM | #17
There was giant cricket in the Mos Eisley cantina in Episode IV before editing, and you're worried about a chick with wings? Live a little lol.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

Fyurii
09.03.2012 , 06:02 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
But seriously ? Vampire/Succubus in SW ?
There was already a succubus-like being in SW before this. I can't remember which book it was but Lando had asked Luke to help find him a wife, and one of the prospective candidates they were investigating was basically a succubus.
This was shortly before Lando tried to romance Mara Jade, so obviously before Luke & Mara's romance and marriage took place.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Mandorain
09.03.2012 , 06:59 AM | #19
I have seen the winged people in some of the really old star wars comics. I think either Luke or Han saved thier planet.

Neverfar
09.03.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Funny you said that, Star Wars elves are called Sephi.
Plus, Warhammer 40K has space elves, they are called Eldar.
I don't know what Sephi are, but they probably are lame cash-ins on fantasy troupes, unless you declare otherwise.

Doesn't really affect my stance.