Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Neverfar
08.31.2012 , 02:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
I chose Dorne. There has to be some perks from boning your CO.
Arguably, it makes it more troublesome in the setting if the person you're sleeping with is in the same direct officer chain that you are in. If she's a sergeant, she's enlisted and technically not in the same direct place that would be considered "fraternization" in a modern military.

In other words, if this story was more dynamic and responsive, you'd be in a lot more trouble promoting someone strictly because you like sleeping with them. It'd make for poor troop morale, among other things.

Ulitak
08.31.2012 , 03:34 AM | #12
I went into this open minded and asked them both to make their cases. Jorgan was a total whiner about the whole thing, which just put me off the idea of having him as my 2ic. I mean, who wants to be consulting with an arrogant, stuck-up, self-important prat all the time? Though I did have concerns about the fact that my character would now be romantically involved with his XO, however, the decision was made purely by the fact that Elara was efficient, didn't complain and got the job done - though I'm sure the brass wouldn't see it that way!

BluEyedBeast
08.31.2012 , 08:00 AM | #13
I promoted Dorne and I regret it. IMO, Jorgan deserves it more. I just picked Dorne because I thought it might have an effect on the romance side to her story (HINT: It does not).

Selenial
08.31.2012 , 08:04 AM | #14
M1-4X would beat them both

/thread

In all seriousness, i promoted dorne. Love the Imperial Accent, and we girls gotta stick together.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

elaverick
08.31.2012 , 08:22 AM | #15
I chose Dorn simply because I didn't want to lose affection with her and because as a Tank she was my primary companion. In terms of an actual command appointment I think Jorgan is a better choice, he's had more experience and while he can't quote rules chapter and verse like Dorn I think he has a better idea of the spirit of what the rules are trying to uphold.

Lionflash
08.31.2012 , 09:01 AM | #16
Spoiler Question.

Does your choice ever come up again? Does it have a meaningful impact at some point? Besides maybe a conversation here or there... "Thanks for the promotion" "Hey, screw you for not picking me!"

What I mean is at some point the one you picked has to make a descision of their own and depending on who you picked might have a different outcome. Like perhaps Jorgan is more suited in this regard.

I have not played the Republic Soldier yet.

SupremeLegate
08.31.2012 , 10:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Spoiler Question.

Does your choice ever come up again? Does it have a meaningful impact at some point? Besides maybe a conversation here or there... "Thanks for the promotion" "Hey, screw you for not picking me!"

What I mean is at some point the one you picked has to make a descision of their own and depending on who you picked might have a different outcome. Like perhaps Jorgan is more suited in this regard.

I have not played the Republic Soldier yet.
Too the best of my knowledge, no.

Zardac_the_Great
08.31.2012 , 10:56 AM | #18
Well, when I got Tanno Vik (the jerk), Jorgan offered to put him in his place as my XO, but aside from that, I don't remember anything.

iamthehoyden
08.31.2012 , 11:56 AM | #19
I went with Jorgan. Even if I didn't love him to bits I would have because he was more experienced, had been with the squad longer, deserved it after being railroaded, and is more practical which is what my trooper prefers in the field. Elara needs to learn how to make decisions without consulting a rulebook before she's ready for a leadership role.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ranadiel_Marius
08.31.2012 , 01:56 PM | #20
I went with Elara on the basis that her morality was closer to my Trooper's morality, so my Trooper would know that she would continue to lead the squad the same way he did if he was ever incapacitated.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)