Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Appearnace Tab Is Needed....Badly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Appearnace Tab Is Needed....Badly

Thamelas
12.19.2011 , 11:46 AM | #1
After playing for a long time, in beta and now in live, I have concluded that an appearance tab is needed. I was a big supporter of the Unify Color To Chest Piece option, but not anymore. I rolled a Sith Sorcerer, and took synthweaving. Looking ahead at the high level crafted gear...its all ugly as hell. Especially the kendo style mask. I am now firmly in the appearance tab camp. Unify Colors to Chest Piece can't fix ugly designs.

Stop forcing on us what you think we want. We want an appearance tab! Is it that hard to understand that we might not like your gear designs?
SWTOR-Holo.net - Guides for Crew Skills, Datacrons, Flashpoints, Operations, Talent Builds, and more!

Yogol
12.19.2011 , 11:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Thamelas View Post
Stop forcing on us what you think we want. We want an appearance tab! Is it that hard to understand that we might not like your gear designs?
I think they will add it soon-ish, probably when they add Microtransactions to the game. This is typically a feature where they could ask extra $$$ for.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Thamelas
12.19.2011 , 11:54 AM | #3
Bump before this is buried in an unsearchable forum...
SWTOR-Holo.net - Guides for Crew Skills, Datacrons, Flashpoints, Operations, Talent Builds, and more!

lawlnoobs
12.19.2011 , 11:55 AM | #4
first they need to make it so the dressing room doesn't show blurry low res textures
Lord Pirate
Bad Dudes, The Crucible Pits

Montiphus
12.19.2011 , 11:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thamelas View Post
After playing for a long time, in beta and now in live, I have concluded that an appearance tab is needed. I was a big supporter of the Unify Color To Chest Piece option, but not anymore. I rolled a Sith Sorcerer, and took synthweaving. Looking ahead at the high level crafted gear...its all ugly as hell. Especially the kendo style mask. I am now firmly in the appearance tab camp. Unify Colors to Chest Piece can't fix ugly designs.

You do realize it's cosmetic, right? Sorry, I'm a big RP nerd and to me, if I find some ugly mask that is insanely great armor, I'm going to wear that ugly think like a champ because it's a good mask and helps me not die.

I'm not going to a fashion show...I'm trying to destroy the Jedi.
- "One day you'll thank me for this."
R.I.P Orange Pixel .
Never Forgotten - 12/01/11

Danylko
12.19.2011 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
I think they will add it soon-ish, probably when they add Microtransactions to the game. This is typically a feature where they could ask extra $$$ for.
SOE did it for FREE about 2 years ago for SWG.
Not sure why anyone would need to charge money for a feature like this...

Thamelas
12.19.2011 , 11:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Prepuce View Post
You do realize it's cosmetic, right? Sorry, I'm a big RP nerd and to me, if I find some ugly mask that is insanely great armor, I'm going to wear that ugly think like a champ because it's a good mask and helps me not die.

I'm not going to a fashion show...I'm trying to destroy the Jedi.
Of course its cosmetic. That's the point of it...

You have real gear you wear that is ugly and hidden, and then you have the gear you like that you and everyone else see's.

Montiphus
12.19.2011 , 12:01 PM | #8
My bad...I thought the point of it was damage prevention.
- "One day you'll thank me for this."
R.I.P Orange Pixel .
Never Forgotten - 12/01/11

Cancrizans
12.19.2011 , 12:02 PM | #9
I agree. As a Jedi, I simply want to wear the traditional robe etc, but from what I've seen of the end game gear I will end up looking like a robot Samurai...it is kind of ridiculous. Being able to choose the appearance of your character is a big deal in MMOs these days, it really is one of those things that let's people be creative and endears them to a game.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Gratzkul
12.19.2011 , 12:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lawlnoobs View Post
first they need to make it so the dressing room doesn't show blurry low res textures
And weapons! It defeats the purpose of a dressing room if the gear you put on doesn't look the same as it did in the dressing room.... Blah.

I really hope this feature makes it in sometime soon, who doesn't want the option to look different from everyone else while maintaining decent stats?

I had hopes for the modification system, but I have found it to be really sub par and hugely lacking of what it could be. I think having items simply for appearance is a better, tried, and tested option.

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.