Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inheritance Gear - please explain!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Inheritance Gear - please explain!

Nethric
08.30.2012 , 05:02 PM | #1
Ok,
I do not understand the Legacy Inheritance gear.
At level 50, you can purchase various Inheritanc/Birthright items for the cost of 200 Daily Coms.
For this, you get an item for a low level toon that does nto have and mods, and therefore, is worthless, because
at that level equipment gets outdated very very quickly.
Please explain the point of this.

These items were also supposed to occur as drops throughout the game. I have many toons, and 3 lvl 50's. I
am as yet to even see 1 drop.

On the other hand, for the credit reward of less that 2 days worth of dailies, (approx 70 daily comms), you can purchase MODABLE gear from the legacy vendors.

I would liike my 200 daily comms back!

Vandicus
08.30.2012 , 05:03 PM | #2
Legacy gear can be used to move over "Bind on equip" mods, enhancements, and armorings. This allows people to gear out alts with Campaign/Rakata level gear while playing on an already geared main. Basically if you've already got a guy who's well geared, you don't have to do the gear grind twice to gain access to top end gear.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Sambril
08.30.2012 , 05:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Legacy gear can be used to move over "Bind on equip" mods, enhancements, and armorings. This allows people to gear out alts with Campaign/Rakata level gear while playing on an already geared main. Basically if you've already got a guy who's well geared, you don't have to do the gear grind twice to gain access to top end gear.
You can do this with the custom (orange) moddable Renowned and Exalted set purchased with credits. You cannot do this with the legendary (dark blue) non-moddable Inheritance and Birthright sets which come from rewards, very rare drops or purchased with daily commendations. The OP was refering to the non-moddable sets.

Imhotep
08.30.2012 , 05:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethric View Post
Ok,
At level 50, you can purchase various Inheritanc/Birthright items for the cost of 200 Daily Coms.
For this, you get an item for a low level toon that does nto have and mods, and therefore, is worthless, because

These items were also supposed to occur as drops throughout the game. I have many toons, and 3 lvl 50's. I

On the other hand, for the credit reward of less that 2 days worth of dailies, (approx 70 daily comms), you can purchase MODABLE gear from the legacy vendors.

he's not talking about the orange gear initially.

The inheritance/birthright gear is worthless really. The weapon is usuable for at the most 9-10 levels and thats pushing it. The inheritance gear really needs to be looked at. It should scale with level and grant a small xp bonus. Not specific xp like the legacy does but an across the board xp boost.

It wouldn't hurt a bit and it would provide an incentive to level alts. Like WoW or hate WoW, heirlooms were a good idea.

Or you can spend roughly 1 million credits and buy the complete orange set which depending on class either looks really cool or completely stupid.
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sėkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™

Felioats
08.30.2012 , 05:28 PM | #5
I guess if you had a full set, the final leveling push to 50 would go smoothly.

And it's Bind on Legacy, so if you leveled the same class again for some reason, you'd be able to reuse it.
>

ewotane
08.30.2012 , 05:33 PM | #6
I also thought that Certain class quests items you get are not level restricted you could use your highest class LS and use that at low level is this correct?

Winning!

ElitehunterDS
08.30.2012 , 05:40 PM | #7
inheritance token are also a post level 32 world drop, but yeah they are very worthless in term of utility.
But they are great for RPers who just want an out of combat suit though.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Nethric
09.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post

The inheritance/birthright gear is worthless really. The weapon is usuable for at the most 9-10 levels and thats pushing it. The inheritance gear really needs to be looked at. It should scale with level and grant a small xp bonus. Not specific xp like the legacy does but an across the board xp boost.

It wouldn't hurt a bit and it would provide an incentive to level alts. Like WoW or hate WoW, heirlooms were a good idea.

Or you can spend roughly 1 million credits and buy the complete orange set which depending on class either looks really cool or completely stupid.
Thank you

ChazDoit
09.01.2012 , 10:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post

There have been a lot and I mean A LOT of threads talking about this issue, Bioware never gave a response, i guess it was in utter embarrasment of how pointless that feature turned out to be.

Kakashioftheye
09.01.2012 , 10:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethric View Post
Ok,

I've gotten legacy arm guards as a drop when doing dailies in the Black Hole, so they are possible to get.