Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update Terror from Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update Terror from Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NummSaul
08.31.2012 , 03:42 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithishe View Post
My seeing things can be small, but what I see in Terror from Beyond is, Dread masters found Ancient "Mass Relay" that was build by GREEpears, and summoning Creatures from the Warp. To be honest wants more pure Star Warsish expand, even small "easter eggs" that only true old fan will understand. Expanding game should include evolving galaxy, changing political situation on Alderaan for example, 1 year of game its a lot for same stuff in the Galaxy. New content shoudnt be only OPSes and War Zones, it should be new view on SW Universe

:^ This.

I agree.

The first thing i thought when i saw this : MASS EFFECT... jeez lol come up with something more original.
This is just lame and lazy.

SawneyRath
08.31.2012 , 03:51 AM | #72
Operation looks good so far. Can't wait to get my guild inside and killing stuff!
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

dacentabaal
08.31.2012 , 03:54 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
No, there's no way he's still alive.

Revan comes to mind as there's the theory that he teleported away rather than dying, but I believe him not being happy to see you would be somewhat strange from Pub side.
lore wise Malgus is very much alive and still continues on

also I read somewhere that the Dreadmasters have a good show in the operation... so its a toos up between them and Malgus
Tamworth - England (I don't like or drink Tea)
The Progenitor RP English Server
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

limenutpen
08.31.2012 , 06:14 AM | #74
Cannot Wait.

This Operation series is actually becoming better each time, although no final boss fight had the EPIC feeling SoA had so far.
BTW all Opps are connected to each other and when the fifth or sixth Opps will launch they should make one whole story. The latest Event is also a bit tied up since the Gree will come along. But both SoA and Karagga where actually challenges created by the Dread Masters.

My force Vision tells me 1.4 to launch around mid September. Hope I am right
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

drfirewater
08.31.2012 , 06:36 AM | #75
things i am excited about : New raid with interesting concepts from this end well done folks. you also managed to introduce inter galactic hyper travel which opens alot of doors to the future.

things i am worried about: Campain level requirements for HM should mean the story mode drops campain level gear. After all that is what progression means .. that you progress from one tier to the next. My worry as a PVE player on a PVE server is that to be honest EC HM isnt exactly a walk in the park (i have gotten to all but kephess and more then half of the guildies i got that far with no longer play the game). So guilds who have lost a large population because people who felt the raiding was too easy for them have already left ... so i seriously hope that the content is not so hard its off putting at very least on SM.

I know your all gonna QQ ... i don't care i don't plan to follow the comments of this thread.

But the problem with this game is there isnt enough content and the content that comes out takes too freaking long to come out and you can only raid so many days a week. EV and KP are already worthless to most do them once maybe twice with OP team to get yourself geared enough for SM EC then fumble through HM EC unless your in a really good guild of super elitists.

Hoping this new raid isnt gonna be nearly as silly. SM EC seems to be like you need some BH to beat enrage timers .... are we to expect the same level of stupidity on this raid? ... when you say balanced for full campain gear do you mean its doable in rakata with BH mods? .... what tier gear will the new raid drop on SM? campain / mk1-3?
will SM be easier or harder then EC HM ?

i guess all this doesnt really matter until the content is launched ... but keep in mind there are more people who are in hardcore guilds who arent beating HM EC then there are elite groups who are. They need content too, and with free to play the number of people who cant handle the content gets increased.

(FYI its not me that sucks .... my sorc healer can hit over 1k on aoe and nearly 8k on single target crits 40% crit chance and 80% multiplier .... but you cant play ALL the characters in the raid at the same time)
SITH HAPPENS
[])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████FYI ..I hate WoW... because its gameplay sucks... no other reason.

Anrew
08.31.2012 , 07:19 AM | #76
Just curious what will story mode drop? I was going to assume Campaign, but it mentiones EC Hm for that. And I myself haven't taken the time to really try to get into a ec hm. Also hope this is more mechanics then just an enrage timer

alifaraaz
08.31.2012 , 07:41 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Anrew View Post
Just curious what will story mode drop? I was going to assume Campaign, but it mentiones EC Hm for that. And I myself haven't taken the time to really try to get into a ec hm. Also hope this is more mechanics then just an enrage timer
Don't take my word for it, but probably Campaign/Blackhole. Just like how EV and KP hm dropped Rakata, and then SM EC dropped it too. I imagine it will follow the same setup.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Razorblade
08.31.2012 , 07:51 AM | #78
wow looks awesome

Jakobpoop
08.31.2012 , 08:16 AM | #79
Sounds like one hell of an ops. My guess for the one returning would be Kephess or Malgus, "crosses fingers for malgus".

I-ku-u
08.31.2012 , 08:39 AM | #80
So, from a story perspective, why would an imperial player want to stop what the Dread Masters are doing?

Spoiler
I live as my name implies.