Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request: Existing NPC only clothing converted to orange or social gear. (w/ pics)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Request: Existing NPC only clothing converted to orange or social gear. (w/ pics)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SamuraBob_Fl
09.06.2012 , 11:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
Neither of these statements is correct. The legacy gear is different and does not have a hood down option or shoulder pieces.

BT is imperial only.
The blue set the trooper is wearing looks just like the Bounty Hunter set that drops from Black Talon. I don't know if there's a way to get it Republic side, but it's in the game.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Tim-ONeil
09.06.2012 , 12:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraBob_Fl View Post
The blue set the trooper is wearing looks just like the Bounty Hunter set that drops from Black Talon. I don't know if there's a way to get it Republic side, but it's in the game.
This is incorrect. The BT piece is shown here: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/upload...nshots/214.jpg

Please notice the substantial differences. Not sure why people are thinking this is the same piece, the only thing in common is a blue white scheme.
Rhy Phin
Kl Nemonica
The Ren Legacy Server: Ebon Hawk US/EAST

AllisonBerryman
09.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert and showed him this thread. He liked the feedback here and will take a look to see if there are any of these we can incorporate into our plans. This isn't a promise that we can get them in, but we'd love to if we can. If you have any other NPC-only appearances that you're really fond of, post them in this thread and we'll keep watching it for your suggestions!

Dansu
09.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #24
Great list and response from BW

Blackavaar
09.06.2012 , 12:07 PM | #25
Actually a couple of those are already in-game. The first Smuggler outfit you link is just a recolor of the TD-17A Spider Chest piece coupled with Drelliad style Pants and Gunslinger's Boots, Belt and Gloves. The eye piece actually looks like a cybernetic piece available to Agents and Smugglers. The first Jedi outfit is a recolor of the higher level Jedi gear. Not that I wouldn't mind have these color options, but if they added dyes (as they should) we wouldn't need to have completely new sets.

In addition I would like to request that more of the lower level armors be added as craftable orange gear. Stuff like Rusted Droid Bit armor (for Troopers and Bounty Hunters)and Fa'thra Clan outfit (for Smugglers and Agents). Stuff like the Ithorian Technicians outfit (for Consulars).

I would also like the correct versions of the Republic Trooper uniform (not just a duplicate the Hardened Plastiform stuff) and Agent's outfit (not the Poison Pit stuff) and the Aspiring Knight's gear and Hydraulic Press stuff.

And yeah, more of the lower level helmets that we see the NPCs wearing all over Ord Mantel and Hutta.

There's more but I can't think of it now.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

CosmicKat
09.06.2012 , 12:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert and showed him this thread. He liked the feedback here and will take a look to see if there are any of these we can incorporate into our plans. This isn't a promise that we can get them in, but we'd love to if we can. If you have any other NPC-only appearances that you're really fond of, post them in this thread and we'll keep watching it for your suggestions!
There is a version of the "formal gown" social on Coruscant/Drumond Kaas that doesn't have the crazy giant pendant. I recall seeing it on the Twilekk spy contact in the area between the taxi pad and senate. That would be a nice alternative.

itsmymillertime
09.06.2012 , 12:14 PM | #27
Black robes for marauder like in the sith warrior progression video

SamuraBob_Fl
09.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
This is incorrect. The BT piece is shown here: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/upload...nshots/214.jpg

Please notice the substantial differences. Not sure why people are thinking this is the same piece, the only thing in common is a blue white scheme.
Ah. Thanks for the correction.

I can't remember the source then, but I feel absolutely certain I've worn that blue set on my Bounty Hunter at low levels. I'll try and figure out which one it was.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Kinop
09.06.2012 , 12:26 PM | #29
With the new adaptive armour type you guys have implemented it opens up a massive scope for some faction specific uniforms and other things like that. Its Star Wars push the boat out lets have some uniforms and some really outlandish designs for our characters to wear

I would personally love to see a variant of the Ubese armour as worn by Leia in Return Of The Jedi when she delivers Chewie to Jabba, always loved that armour set
Its just business... nothing personal.

ElitehunterDS
09.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Got to ask, i remember a dev post (or was it at the guild summit?) stating that the social Elegant and Formal gear was supposed to have his gender restriction removed? What happened with that idea?
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)