Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request: Existing NPC only clothing converted to orange or social gear. (w/ pics)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Request: Existing NPC only clothing converted to orange or social gear. (w/ pics)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Leiralei
09.11.2012 , 04:01 AM | #101
There is a green armor (Gamorrean Riveted Breastplate and other names) that is this model http://www.torhead.com/item/dhEbzhf/...ers-chestguard but is pale pale pale, almost white, with beige undershirt. I love it and I know other Guardians would love it to be available for crafters at a low level also. It's simple, humble, and feels very Light side.

(Edit: Same robe as above would be amazing in a beautiful shade of not-too-vivid green or greyish blue.)

Aside from that I'd love more options for the Elegant Dress. There is an NPC in the spaceport on Nar Shadaa who has a variant of it without the tail and with pretty colours!
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

Alec_Fortescue
09.11.2012 , 06:36 AM | #102
This idea is a great alternative to the hood toggle (provided we get the same armor models we have now but with hoods down...). I do hope at least this will be implemented.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

DarthBuckets
09.11.2012 , 01:35 PM | #103
I would love an orange version of Light Battle Headgear. It is a basic headset with mic look. There are a few non-moddable ones in game, but no Custom ones.

Crawelc
09.11.2012 , 04:40 PM | #104
Dont know if this has already been said, or if I am the only one that thinks so. I would totally wear the robes that The Green Jedi on Corellia wear. Not the hood down ones, but the few npc's I have seen with the hood up version look awesome!
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Adric_the_Red
09.12.2012 , 10:09 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
The second "smuggler" jacket is absolutely something I'd dress my Gunslinger in -- and if that means a visit to the cash shop, I won't quibble.

To be honest, that is one of the things I think F2P and the cash shop will be good for -- access to cosmetic items which may not change game dynamics, but which allow a wider variety of style. And yes, I like that and don't mind spending a little pocket money on it now and again on top of what I pay for play time.
If that second "smuggler" outfit had the red/white colors reversed I'd be all over it for my scoundrel (especially with black or grey patches instead of white).

I'd go for some of the other outfits for other characters, too. Would be really cool if I could get that red "sith" outfit for my consular. Why should the bad guys get all the cool colors, and the good guys have to make do with drab greys and browns?

ThePedigree
09.12.2012 , 11:08 AM | #106
Not sure if it was previously mentioned, but another armor I'd like to see added in as a orange quality would be the coat that Vector is wearing when you first get him. It's a purplish brown trench/duster with something that looks like a uniform underneath the interesting cloth gathering beneath the neck. I would love to be able to rock this on my smuggler at least, and probably several other characters. Make several of them with different color schemes!

http://www.torhead.com/npc/59UM0dF/v...ots;view:14554

Alec_Fortescue
09.13.2012 , 04:49 AM | #107
Add hood up and hood down versions of each npc armor piece we're asking for BUT implement dye system so we won't have to worry about the colours we find them in!

Guild Wars has a great dye system. Not two armor sets looks the same people. Finding dyes would be an a great timesink for players, too... You want that, don't you?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Tim-ONeil
09.13.2012 , 02:27 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Add hood up and hood down versions of each npc armor piece we're asking for BUT implement dye system so we won't have to worry about the colours we find them in!

Guild Wars has a great dye system. Not two armor sets looks the same people. Finding dyes would be an a great timesink for players, too... You want that, don't you?
Excellent idea! I have to use my trusted Geordi Laforge VISOR to get my hood down on my robes. Now as a Star Trek fan that's not terrible but I should be able to toggle hood up/down especially if the models exist on NPC's.

They have at least some version of coding to allow the color palettes to be edited somewhere. It would be incredible if they would finish and add it.
Jainā Tīm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

Hambunctious
09.13.2012 , 03:48 PM | #109
General Ortol's in Cademimu would be nice, especially the boots.

DarkSideTOR
09.13.2012 , 04:57 PM | #110
The Chiss General? officers in Hoth during the Agent storyline, wear this white outfits with a cape. It looks awesome on Chiss but they're not available as moddable gear in game afaik.