Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

Asbiorn
10.04.2012 , 09:57 AM | #51
I had pre-ordered both Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords for the Xbox as soon as Gamestop was accepting pre-orders. I then bought another copy of Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords for PC after I heard about the Restoration Project.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

ThatHussler
01.20.2013 , 07:29 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
KOTOR 3 should have been made before this, its crime it was never released. I can only pray someone opts to finish it someday. It deserves a proper ending.
The thing is though. Bioware or Obsidian or whoever LucasArts got to make the game would have a huge amount of work cleaning up the mess left by kotor 2. Let's face it, kotor 2 had a great begginning, a good middle, then it dropped off a cliff into fire. It wasn't finished and left huge holes in the storyline. There would be more work than worth to make a game good enough to make people overlook all the problems with their previous game. In the end it all comes down to money both LucasArts and Bioware saw that this MMO would bring more money for as long as it was afloat than kotor3, simply due to the fact that people that wouldn't only be drawn from the pool who had played 1 and 2. It wouldn't draw in as many new customers as TOR and greed won out. It sucks yes but that's how life is. Honestly i've been able to go through 1 and 2 only once each due to the amount of bugs and incompatibility. I'm very happy with the way this game turned out and no one will change my mind otherwise.

DMOMO
01.20.2013 , 07:41 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatHussler View Post
The thing is though. Bioware or Obsidian or whoever LucasArts got to make the game would have a huge amount of work cleaning up the mess left by kotor 2. Let's face it, kotor 2 had a great begginning, a good middle, then it dropped off a cliff into fire. It wasn't finished and left huge holes in the storyline. There would be more work than worth to make a game good enough to make people overlook all the problems with their previous game. In the end it all comes down to money both LucasArts and Bioware saw that this MMO would bring more money for as long as it was afloat than kotor3, simply due to the fact that people that wouldn't only be drawn from the pool who had played 1 and 2. It wouldn't draw in as many new customers as TOR and greed won out. It sucks yes but that's how life is. Honestly i've been able to go through 1 and 2 only once each due to the amount of bugs and incompatibility. I'm very happy with the way this game turned out and no one will change my mind otherwise.
Have you played Kotor 2 with the restoration mod?

Kotor 2>Kotor 1
"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"
―Kyle Katarn

jedimasterjac
01.20.2013 , 07:44 PM | #54
I've played KOTOR 1, 2, along with TSLCRM, many story mods, etc. I wish this game referenced KotOR more. Besides Rakata, Revan, and the Endar Spire on Taris, you don't find much (except for a few last names, but no one seems to notice those)
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

DMOMO
01.20.2013 , 07:49 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I've played KOTOR 1, 2, along with TSLCRM, many story mods, etc. I wish this game referenced KotOR more. Besides Rakata, Revan, and the Endar Spire on Taris, you don't find much (except for a few last names, but no one seems to notice those)
Don't forget
Spoiler
"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"
―Kyle Katarn

ZirusZero
01.20.2013 , 09:01 PM | #56
I bought it last month. Ironically, I beat kashyyk in KOTOR and got the sandcrawler datacron on the same day.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

MilesTeg_cy
01.21.2013 , 07:21 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by DMOMO View Post
Have you played Kotor 2 with the restoration mod?

Kotor 2>Kotor 1
Exactly! Kotor2 is much better than the first one. Don't remember how many times I've finished it.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Kaedusz
01.21.2013 , 07:32 AM | #58
I not only played them ,they were my entry into the SW universe.Always hated the films except Sidious and the lightsaber duels.I have replayed kotor 2 many dozens of times over the years and kotor 1 a few dozens of times.
Kreia made me a SW fan.Or in other words Bioware made me a SW fan.

ZirusZero
01.21.2013 , 08:23 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
Exactly! Kotor2 is much better than the first one. Don't remember how many times I've finished it.
Yeah, but if you play without the mod, it's worse. KOTOR 2 is an example of how a company does content wrong and leaves the community to fill the void.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Surinen
01.21.2013 , 08:51 AM | #60
played both, while story was good, combat was horrible and clunky, one does not simply make SW game that is based on turns - if it was an action rpg, or even like force unleashed with tweaks and bigger character development then it would be great, or more like a jedi academy
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.