Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

bailingwire
09.27.2012 , 03:17 AM | #41
I played both and KOTOR was a in my opinion was the better story.

I think the game play aspect was better in Sith lords more customizable. rushing it out the door without all of it's content and not fixing most of the bugs IMHO should to go down as one of the biggest gaffs of all time.

I played them both threw many times and loved them. I haven't read any of the literature from star wars universe in the KOTOR time frame. but hearing that I will now go and start looking for the books.

SamuelAU
09.27.2012 , 03:27 AM | #42
I've played KOTOR I and II numerous times and not having Kashyyk, Dantooine or Manaan in SWTOR makes me kind of sad.

ScreamingMantis
09.27.2012 , 06:56 AM | #44
I've played both KOTOR 1 and 2, I like KOTOR 1 better in the spec that your character noo matter what you were the famous Darth Revan. Kept my interest in the game til this very day and I still play the KOTOR Games.
"Thy power floweth purely, ever unwavering. Accept my soul into thine embrace.
Sacrifice!"

"Gentle winds, gather before me and transform into waves of air. Cyclone!"

ScreamingMantis
09.27.2012 , 06:59 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
I've played KOTOR I and II numerous times and not having Kashyyk, Dantooine or Manaan in SWTOR makes me kind of sad.

Who knows maybe in a later expansion for us to explore and see what has happened to them since KOTOR 1 and 2.
"Thy power floweth purely, ever unwavering. Accept my soul into thine embrace.
Sacrifice!"

"Gentle winds, gather before me and transform into waves of air. Cyclone!"

SkullTang
09.27.2012 , 07:39 AM | #46
statement: I played kotor 1 & 2 on the xbox and just bought them again for PC in a box set $20
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory

SkullTang
09.27.2012 , 07:42 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ScreamingMantis View Post
Who knows maybe in a later expansion for us to explore and see what has happened to them since KOTOR 1 and 2.
have you read the Old Republic Revan book it's after both kotor games
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory

platinumruggo
09.27.2012 , 01:15 PM | #48
The problem is that Revan is only really cared about in the foundry FP. Some characters make vague references to Revan, and the only story that I've seen so far that even cares about Revan or someone who has a connection to him is in the JK storyline with Lord Scourge. Not to mention KOTOR2, being made by Obsidian, has VERY vague references made to it. The Exile is very scarcely referenced to by any character. While playing both of them matters to a star wars fan, it doesn't mean **** in this game since it's 300 years afterwards. If it were set 20 years after KOTOR2, then I would agree with OP. With that huge gap of time, it doesn't really help.

SneiK
09.28.2012 , 03:12 PM | #49
I just wanted KOTOR3.

They could've done SWTOR, just not mess with the Revan story...

The Revan novel was great btw, KOTOR2 now kinda makes sense. But SWTOR's story just washed everything away...

Fyurii
09.30.2012 , 10:53 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by platinumruggo View Post
The problem is that Revan is only really cared about in the foundry FP. Some characters make vague references to Revan, and the only story that I've seen so far that even cares about Revan or someone who has a connection to him is in the JK storyline with Lord Scourge. Not to mention KOTOR2, being made by Obsidian, has VERY vague references made to it. The Exile is very scarcely referenced to by any character. While playing both of them matters to a star wars fan, it doesn't mean **** in this game since it's 300 years afterwards. If it were set 20 years after KOTOR2, then I would agree with OP. With that huge gap of time, it doesn't really help.
Roll a Republic character and go do the Taral 5 and Maelstrom Prison Flashpoints.
Meetra Surik (The Exile) and Revan are covered in those, since that's how The Foundry FP is set up in the first place.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾