Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

eclipce
09.02.2012 , 10:19 AM | #21
I only played KOTOR1 up until Dantooine if I remember correctly, I'm here because it is a Star Wars mmorpg and because BioWare had a good reputation- now I'm only here because of the RP on my server and in hopes of BioWare to get their act together.
"you cannot kill what you did not create"

gurumoicano
09.21.2012 , 10:00 AM | #22
I played kotor I (fantastic plot with a hypnotic Revan) and kotor II (very interesting characters), and read tales. In maelstrom prison i was tearing

X-Funk
09.21.2012 , 10:25 AM | #23
I have both, but got them recently and the graphics seem ancient, so i wasnt able to get into them too much, but i plan to.

Mirmirmi
09.21.2012 , 10:36 AM | #24
KOTOR 1: incredibly fun at the time. I'm not sure how fun it would be for new players who have already experienced TOR. It's an older game now...

KOTOR 2: Still fun, but lacked the excitement KOTOR 1 had for me. I felt more confused the whole game than anything else.
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel

Legolose
09.21.2012 , 10:47 AM | #25
KOTOR 1: Loved, but couldnt finish it because at the time it was just way to glitchy and crashed all the time for me ...

KOTOR 2: A freakin amazing game & graphics for its time, still love the story and everything about the game
Vos'feratu | 55 | Sorcerer Vittoneli | 55 | Gunslinger
Vos'barake | 55| Guardian Vos'mauul | 55 | Sentinel
Server | The Shadowlands |

armphid
09.21.2012 , 12:20 PM | #26
KOTOR: The graphics might look strange now but for their time they were fantastic and polished. I played this game a lot; several playthroughs making different choices and such. I've loaded it onto every computer I've had since I bought it and played it through once. I loved the characters and the story; it was incredibly immersive and fun.

KOTOR2: It was a prettier game and the game mechanics were an improvement but it felt unfinished, rushed, and somewhat schizophrenic the whole way through. The root plot was very intriguing but it was also quite muddled and never fully fleshed out or made sense to me. There were whole plot lines that just kind of petered out or ended abruptly with no real conclusion, making the end product feel anticlimactic and very rough. It's a game that I wish was better than it was because I wanted to like it more than I did.
"It's a shallow life that leaves few scars." -- Garrison Keillor

Tekell
09.21.2012 , 12:26 PM | #27
I played KOTOR2 and hope to play 1 some time just to see how it started but I have read some stuff on the internet about the time and I am a huge Star Wars fan.

akdonkey
09.22.2012 , 01:23 AM | #28
I just bought KOTOR 1 and 2 the other day for 19.95 at Wally World! So ill check them out soon!

Savro
09.22.2012 , 01:43 AM | #29
I loved them. Normally i don't re-play RPGS (neither Mass effect or dragon age) but Kotor 1 and 2 were the exceptions!

A question for Bioware (or, better, an hope): tell me that you are planning to do a Kotor 3 RPG!

Captain_Zone
09.22.2012 , 01:25 PM | #30
Played both KotOR and KotOR II. Loved both games. Had to give the edge to KotOR II as far as characters and story, though. Recently played the "director's cut" with the added content, and it also helped piece things together.

Also, I highly recommend the Tales of the Jedi comics for everyone. It's worth the hunt through your local comic book shops. Everything from The Great Hyperspace War through the Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider books sets the stage nicely for both KotOR and SWTOR. Granted, you may be paying a couple hundred for everything, so I recommend getting one series or graphic novel at a time. For true Star Wars fans, they are a great read from beginning to end.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.