Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

Newyankalt
08.31.2012 , 06:34 PM | #11
Recommendation: let's fry this Meatbag with a flamethrower.

DarknessInLight
09.01.2012 , 09:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
Hypothesis: Not enough. Many players I have talked to are simply here because it's a new MMO, and have no idea of the story of Revan and the Star Forge.

Recommendation: It can be downloaded from Steam for less than $10. You are missing out. Try it!
Spoiler

They might also want to get SWTOR: Revan the novel so that certain questions can be answered.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

ChrisUnplugged
09.02.2012 , 02:28 AM | #13
I've played both and loved them. I lost count of how many times I've replayed them both. I won't lie and say I love SWTOR compared to them but it's still a really fun game for me.

alricka
09.02.2012 , 04:38 AM | #14
I've played through both parts of KOTOR. Loved them.

Revan-the-knight
09.02.2012 , 05:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CephalicRex View Post
Statement: Your hypothesis couldn't be anymore false. We all know, we just don't care. And if I don't speak for a good majority of players here, may Revan fly through my window and strike me down right now. Oh wait, he died.
No, He didnt, and he keeps tabs on his enemies
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Twickers
09.02.2012 , 05:20 AM | #16
Played both, absolutely loved the second one, first one was meh to me but I still enjoyed it, then I discovered the magic of patches and played KOTOR 2 with the lost content patch, my god the second game ruled.

Beniboybling
09.02.2012 , 05:49 AM | #17
I have, probably the best games I've ever played, second(ish) to SWTOR. I think its really important that people play the first games before they play SWTOR. It fills in so many of the gaps, and its a really great game. Playing SWTOR without playing KOTOR is like watching episode 3 before watching 1 and 2 (do I hate people who do that)

Also it helps you understand the importance of characters such as Revan and Meetra (and also why fans go crazy at any mention of HK-47) It also does the whole lightside/darkside thing really well. It also has some really great characters, who I'm afraid are often a lot better voiced than those in SWTOR - such as the awesome Kreia.

Only thing is, now I've played SWTOR I don't think I could ever go back to a game that isn't fully voiced!

Not sure about the importance of comics, what period do they cover?

Beniboybling
09.02.2012 , 05:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post

They might also want to get SWTOR: Revan the novel so that certain questions can be answered.
Thats also a point, I've read it and it filled in a lot of questions about 'what happened to Revan in the unknown regions' which is a big and recurring question in KOTOR and KOTOR II

VanguVegro
09.02.2012 , 09:58 AM | #19
Yep, played it. Plan to play Sith Lords in the near future too now that it's on Steam.

AbelMorvant
09.02.2012 , 10:14 AM | #20
Played both loved them, the thing I miss the most is the d20 system. Maybe I'm just an old school guy but I grew up playing AD&D and loved having a system that I was mostly familiar with.

I don't like how your weapon choice is imbedded with your advanced class in this game. There's a ton pof things I miss about the old system, but I heard it's not very compatible with MMOs.