Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

Malles
08.30.2012 , 02:58 PM | #1
Hypothesis: Not enough. Many players I have talked to are simply here because it's a new MMO, and have no idea of the story of Revan and the Star Forge.

Recommendation: It can be downloaded from Steam for less than $10. You are missing out. Try it!
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

CephalicRex
08.30.2012 , 03:04 PM | #2
Statement: Your hypothesis couldn't be anymore false. We all know, we just don't care. And if I don't speak for a good majority of players here, may Revan fly through my window and strike me down right now. Oh wait, he died.

Rayla_Felana
08.30.2012 , 03:43 PM | #3
They'd need to play/read the entire Knights series, then the Tales of the Jedi comics to get the full picture.

BrandonSM
08.30.2012 , 04:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
They'd need to play/read the entire Knights series, then the Tales of the Jedi comics to get the full picture.

I've never read Tales of the Jedi, not really a comics reader.

KOTOR 1 and 2 need to have been played or else you must really not care for story if you play this game, which is strangely odd..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

criminalheretic
08.30.2012 , 05:00 PM | #5
They need to be played because KOTOR 1 was one of the best games ever made. That's reason enough.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

CephalicRex
08.30.2012 , 06:11 PM | #6
I was a bigger fan of KOTOR II. I think it has a lot to do with the robes being more appealing to me. Apparently aesthetics is very important to me when trying to Role Play a Jedi. I don't know how all the simple robes just disappeared between KOTOR II and SWTOR.

Anysao
08.30.2012 , 06:16 PM | #7
Exclamation: They should have played it already!
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

crazysam
08.30.2012 , 06:31 PM | #8
Played trough KOTOR 1, a bit of 2 and I dont like Revan at all. Its even more and more annoying when poeple keeps posting shats about how great, powerful and wise he was, while he was just a mehh caracter!

Eillack
08.31.2012 , 05:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by crazysam View Post
Played trough KOTOR 1, a bit of 2 and I dont like Revan at all. Its even more and more annoying when poeple keeps posting shats about how great, powerful and wise he was, while he was just a mehh caracter!
For Revan, it was more about his journey than who he was literally.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

GarfieldJL
08.31.2012 , 05:58 PM | #10
I've played both games, and KotOR II had a better cast of charecters.