New Conflicts

SveinEternity

This is going to be my very first big story arc for Fan fiction, I feel really confident by the feedback I've been receiving from what I have posted in the Short Fic Thread (Awesome thread btw.:)), and a story is coming together, that I really want to post. :) This story consists of multiple classes and that means some light to heavy spoilers though I will try to keep out as many as possible. Some may also be crossovers from the Short Fic thread ,so just some stuff already written.

Anyway here we go.:D

Prologue

13 BTC

Kass City, Apartment Home

She was five years old when she was taken. When everything she knew was taken from her.

It was on Dromund Kass, eight years before The Treaty of Corucant. Verana and her mother were in their apartment getting ready for bed with the daily ritual of reading a story. Verana’s mother looked through the bookshelf for a story that Verana would like to read. She looked over to her daughter who sat up against the back of the bed, with an excited grin on her face. Mother smiled admiring her daughter as she grabbed a book off the shelf and went to Verana’s bedside.

“What story is this mommy”, asked Verana curiously as she scooted closer to her mother.

Mother put an arm around Verana and replied,” This one is about a princess who became an Empress.”

“Does the story have pretty dresses and handsome princes”, asked Verana looking up at her mother, deep red eyes twinkling.

“Sure does honey”, replied her mother smiling.

“Oh boy”, exclaimed Verana turning her attention excitedly to the book laying in her mother’s hands.

Verana’s mother opened the book and began to read. Verana listened intently as her mother created a fluid and exciting movie in Verana’s mind. She heard how a slave girl was granted a wish by a ghost and became beautiful for one night to go to the Emperor’s Ball. The girl went to the Ball and met a dashing Sith Lord who cherished her like a princess. However, she left the Ball and was never heard from. However, she left behind her amulet that the Sith had given her as they danced the night before. The Sith Lord looked everywhere for the girl and eventually found her as a slave to a master in a cantina. The prince saved her and married her, cherishing every moment he had with her. From then on they shared the throne and lived happily ever after as Emperor and Empress.

Verana was sound asleep on her mother’s lap as her mother closed out with the final words. She looked down at her little girl as a small tear ran down her cheek.

“Someday you will rule Ana. It’s your destiny.”

Verana’s mother picked up her daughter and tucked her in. She left the room without another word.

………………………………………………………………………………………

“No”, screamed Mother,” You can’t take her! She isn’t Force-Sensitive!”

“Your daughter is an abomination to the Sith”, shouted the slaver as he yanked Verana out of her mother’s grasp.

“Mommy”, cried Verana as she was carried away by the slaver towards his ship.

“No”, shrieked Mother as she ran after the slaver, trampling over bustling pedestrians that tried to make their way through the spaceport.

The slaver turned back and pushed Mother down. He spoke in an angry and deadly tone,” You should be proud that she is even serving under a lord of the Sith! Darth Baras has requested her slavery to him personally!”

“Mommy help me!” cried Verana as she was dragged away by the slaver.

Verana’s mother tried to get up from the floor of the port but too many people rushed by. Within moments all Verana could see was the blur of Imperials rushing past and the faint cry of Verana’s name across the spaceport.

“No”, whimpered Verana as tears ran down her face.

Suddenly, a voice echoed in Verana’s mind, her mothers.” Someday you will rule Ana. It’s your destiny.”

“I love you Mommy”, whispered Verana as she was taken up the loading ramp of the slavers ship,” I’ll come back for you when I’m empress. Promise.”

...................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry the first post is so short. I thought it was a perfect begining for my story arc. But, I promise that the next one will be longer.:)

Edited by SveinEternity

@Kabe, *Continues typing to get the next chapter out* Thanks for the patience.;)

Allright this one is much longer than I expected, so I may begin putting them in spoiler tags for everyone's conveineince.:)

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 1: The Deal

11ATC

Corellia Black Hole District

“Jedi, can you feel that”, asked Lord Scourge, motioning for the patrol to stop.

The patrol stopped in unison as Clyde stepped to stand next to Lord Scourge. He closed his eyes, trying to reach out with the Force for a disturbance. The streets of Corellia echoed with the sound of bombardments and rain tapped against the armor of him and his troops annoyingly. But, even amidst the chaos around him he felt it however faint, the darkside. It was not the usual darkness that radiated from Lord Scourge. The darkness fluctuated and moved, almost as if it was uncontrolled.

“Yes”, replied Clyde scanning the buildings around him,” I feel it.”

One of the troops spoke, his voice deepened by his battle helmet,” Is it a Sith sir?”

“Perhaps”, replied Scourge wearily.

“Then let’s be ready for him”, said Clyde igniting his lightsaber, the cyan blade glowing beautifully in the rain.

Lord Scourge smiled with silent satisfaction and ignited his own lightsaber and motioned for the troops to be battle ready. The troops followed the command and raised their weapons as the group kept walking through the burning streets.

Suddenly, a barrage of lightning spewed from above the group, engulfing them in a violent electrical storm.

The troops fell in moments as the lightning rained down on the patrol. Clyde and Scourge however remained stunned as the storm made them convulse in place. Then the storm stopped and only Clyde and Scourge were left standing, both of them in pain from the attack.

“Embrace the pain Jedi”, said Lord Scourge as the pair got into a lightsaber stance.

“This really isn’t a good time buddy”, said Clyde looking back at the dead troops behind them.

“Of course it is because you’re about to feel lots of it”, shouted a voice.

Clyde and Scourge turned around to see a hooded Pureblood Sith standing behind them. She wore a black robe that consealed her face in shadow along with matching boots and pants. Her arms were crossed and a violet lightsaber floated at her side.

“You are outnumbered Sith”, shouted Clyde pointing his lightsaber at the women.

“Numbers are of no concern to me fool”, said the women extending a hand out towards Scourge.

Suddenly, lightning similar to that of what struck earlier arced in a clear bolt towards Scourge. Scourge blocked the lightning with finesse and the lightning dispersed from his saber in a purple burst.

“How arrogant”, said Lord Scourge who charged the women in a powerful jump.

The women outstretched a hand to push Scourge back. He flew through the air and landed further down the street though he made a smooth recovery. He made his way to stand next to Clyde his face filled with fury.

“Your friend is powerful but reckless,” scoffed the women swiping her lightsaber from the air,” I hope you’re not the same way. After all you killed the Emperor. Am I correct?”

Clyde replied immensely surprised,” How do you know about that?”

A sly smile crept on the women’s face,” I know that the Emperor still lives Jedi and I need you to lead me to him.”

“So, the Emperor yet lives”, said Lord Scourge looking down at the soaked street,” And I suppose you want kill him as well?”

“Something like that”, said the women.

“So, how do you know he’s alive”, asked Clyde in disbelief.

“My sources are my own Jedi.”

“Then why should we trust you”, said Clyde sharply.

“It’s not a matter of trust Jedi”, replied the women walking up to Clyde,” You will lead me to the Emperor whether you wish it or not.”

“You think I will just help you”, replied Clyde angrily.

“Our goal is one in the same, Jedi”, replied the women walking up to Clyde and Scourge,” We want the destruction on the Emperor and… I can grant you vengeance.”

“Vengeance”, questioned Clyde,” On whom?”

“Do you remember Lord Imperix?”

The name ringed in Clyde’s mind. It was a name that he knew well. The man he wanted destroyed ever since the Sacking of Corucant.

“You can get me to him”, asked Clyde voice hopeful.

“All you have to do is cooperate.”

Clyde was aroused with suspicion. “Just who are you?”

The women chuckled and replied,” Call me Nionah.”

“A lowly acolyte I suspect”, said Scourge clicking his tongue,” But, I believe that we can form an alliance.”

Clyde whipped his head to look at Scourge. “You can’t be serious”.

“I’m very serious,” replied Lord Scourge,” There is something different about this Sith.”

“What do you mean different”, questioned Clyde.

“I can feel her power. She could be useful”, said Scourge thoughtfully.

Clyde protested,” Can you really trust that she can be trusted? She probably has some ulterior motive.”

“Perhaps”, said Lord Scourge,” But, we must do anything to stop the Emperor, even allying with one as crafty as she.”

The women smiled with satisfaction and extended her hand towards Clyde. “So do we have a deal?”

Clyde hesitated. Could he sincerely trust this woman to keep her word?

Finally, after a moment of thought, Clyde reluctantly shook Nionah’s hand.

“Good”, purred Nionah with a sly smile,” You will alert me when you find the Emperor’s location?”

“Only if you lead me to Imperix.”

“Of course”, replied Nionah in a reassuring tone.

Then Nionah left and Scourge and Clyde were left alone in the rain slicked streets of Corellia.

Clyde whispered to Scourge with a hint of contempt,” I hope your right about this.”

“We shall see Jedi”, said Scourge calling in a Republic transport on his holo.

Edited by SveinEternity

Another Chapter!:D Just got off from the fair and took a break from my homework so here is a little something I have been thinking about.

Flashback: The Sacking

1BTC

Corucant, The Jedi Temple

Clyde watched as the Sith charged from the downed transport. Their crimson blades streaked across the burning and crumbling temple. The Jedi charged as well, all of them still in utter shock from the attack. But, every one of them was determined to drive the Sith out of the Temple.

So, why wasn’t Clyde fighting with the rest of them? Instead he stood perched on a balcony above that housed the Jedi Archive.

I should be fighting with them, he thought. He wanted to so badly cut the Sith down, to avenge his fallen master. Instead he was up in the Archives watching as Jedi were slain and he was helplessly waiting for his own doom. His master would have wanted the Archive safe and he wasn’t about to let the Sith destroy it.

Suddenly, Clyde heard the igniting of a lightsaber behind him. He turned around, igniting his own lightsaber to face off against whoever had dared to damage the Archives. He found exactly who he expected, a Sith.

The Sith wore a black robe like those of the Sith below and cybernetics marked his face and arm. He looked the same age as Clyde if not a few years older than him and was also human. The Sith’s lightsaber was in a Shi-Cho form, but he was obviously fighting in a defensive mindset judging from the fact that Clyde wasn’t already dead.

The Sith spoke in an even and almost begging tone,” Please I just need some information from the Archive. Don’t make me kill you.”

“A Sith with mercy”, said Clyde mockingly,” Another Sith lie I suspect.”

“The fact that you aren’t dead is proof enough Jedi”, said the Sith in an as a matter of fact tone.

“I could kill you easily”, said Clyde angrily.

“I thought Jedi were all about peace”, said the Sith shrugging,” I guess I heard wrong.”

Clyde charged Svein with a burning hatred. His lightsaber clashed with the Sith’s in a loud crackle. The Sith pulled away and jumped over Clyde in a swift and fluid motion. Clyde blocked an attack from the Sith who swung a powerful blow though it was misguided. Clyde growled as he charged, his lightsaber aiming for his leg. The Sith blocked the move and landed a punch to Clyde’s nose with a sharp crack. Clyde stumbled backwards, leaning dangerously over the balcony. But, surprisingly the Sith pulled Clyde back onto the balcony before he could fall into the battle below.

“Leave now Jedi”, said the Sith threateningly as he pointed his lightsaber at Clyde.

“I’ll leave when you’re dead”, growled Clyde.

Clyde rushed the Sith in an angry fury. The Sith countered the attack and landed a kick to Clyde’s chest. Blood trickled down Clyde’s face as his nose bled and only his will kept him standing.

I have to keep fighting he thought; To save the Archive.

Clyde looked down at the battle below and was shocked to see the Jedi retreating to the temple exits.

“You have lost Jedi”, said the Sith,” The Empire has won this war, now you just need to give up.”

Tears ran down Clyde’s cheeks as he watched the Jedi leave the Temple. They had lost and Clyde had failed the Jedi and more importantly the Republic.

Suddenly, he jumped down from the balcony and landed with ease on the temple ground and ran through one of the exits along with the remaining Jedi.

“I will kill you Sith”, whispered Clyde as he ran,” I promise.”

Author note:

Clyde is about 18 here and Imperix (who is the Sith) is about the same age.

Edited by SveinEternity

Process note: I work pretty slow and try to get certain kinks out of my stories before I post. But, sometimes if I'm really on a roll and I'm happy with what I've written I'll just post it. This one was a more get the kinks out one mostly beause I want to use a more variety of words instead of "said", "replied", which I notice I've been using alot and tried to improve my conversation (Vessaine is like my hero in terms of that:)). Anyway this takes place a week after the JK ending and about 2 weeks since the SI ending. There is some spoilers for the JK ending but Itried to minimize them.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

11ATC

Korriban, Dark Council Chamber and Sith Academy

Chapter 3: News

Darth Nox strode through the halls of the Sith Academy, her posture as straight and perfect as always. Acolytes bowed in respect as she made her way down the hall to the Council Chambers, and honor guards saluted as she brushed past them. Unlike some Dark Council members, Nox did not take such respect for granted and waved to her “subjects” as she often thought of them. Nox stopped in front of the entrance terminal to unlock the Council Chamber door and with a whoosh the door slid open and Nox walked inside.

“I’m sorry I’m late”, said Nox as she made her way to her Council seat,” I had an urgent matter to attend to.”

Darth Marr asked in his usual strong and distorted voice,” What matter did you need to attend Nox.”

Nox answered sharply,” Do you go around blabbing your business with other Sith Darth Marr. Because if you did that would be extremely, unwise.”

“I am well aware of the ways of the Sith, Nox”, responded Marr who turned to look at Nox.

“Then start acting in those ways”, snapped Nox who whipped her head around to look at Marr with a stern look.

Marr grunted and looked back towards the rest of the council. His authoritative voice boomed through the chamber, almost more powerful than normal.” I have called this emergency meeting concerning the attack on Dromund Kass approximately a week ago by the Republic fleet.”

“I hope this is not a mere statistic report Marr”, said Ravage annoyed.

Marr ignored the comment and proceeded,” We have confirmed reports that a strike team landed nears the Dark Temple and ventured inside. We also know that after they left, multiple portions of the temple collapsed.”

“Are you proposing that the team destroyed the Temple”, asked Darth Mortis curiously.

“Oh please”, said Ravage face palming,” It was probably from the bombardment by the Republic fleet.”

Marr shook his head and spoke,” I don’t believe the fleet destroyed the Temple. No bombs were planted, no craters from orbital strikes, only debris and rubble remain.”

Darth Nox listened intently. The Dark Temple was sacred ground and particularly useful. The secrets left inside were of great value. All that untapped power, buried beneath the rubble of the forgotten tombs of dead Sith. If it was destroyed, Nox wanted reconstruction at once. Or at least an excavation….

“How about bodies”, asked Darth Vawrawn,” Was there any sign of a struggle that triggered structural collapse?”

Darth Marr was silent for a moment and which made Nox rather impatient.

“Well,” asked Nox, edginess thick in her voice.

“Yes, there were bodies. Royal Guards, who suffered lightsaber and plasma burns. Hundreds were buried beneath the rubble.”

This surprised Nox. Firstly because the Royal Guard was some of the most elite in the Imperial Army yet a team of Republic soldiers and Jedi could take them down. However, what piqued Nox’s curiosity was the placement of the guard. Why were they in the Dark Temple?

Nox asked the question with suspicion,” Who sent the guard to the Temple?”

The Council exchanged puzzled looks. Even Darth Marr who was generally hard to read shrugged in uncertainty.

“You all mean to say that none of you assigned the guard to the Dark Temple”, asked Nox befuddled.

“Why does it matter”, asked Darth Ravage slightly annoyed.

“It matters because the Royal Guard only acts as the Empire’s elite and only a Dark Council member can summon them. Whatever they were doing in there it must have been important... Or to someone's own benifit”, replied Darth Nox.

“Why, is not our biggest concern”, interjected Marr,” There was another body found.”

“What other body”, questioned Darth Mortis.

“The body was crushed beneath a pillar”, said Marr,” The body was indeed a Sith Lord and we recognized that he was killed by a Jedi.”

“Who was the Sith”, asked Nox interestedly.

“He was unidentified but…”

“But, what Marr”, asked Ravage irritably.

The room was silent and Darth Marr sat nervously in his seat which was uncommon in him. Suddenly, Darth Marr threw his hands up in denial,” What am I thinking! That couldn’t have been the Emperor. He is immortal!”

The Dark Council stared awkwardly at Darth Marr. He simply looked down at the floor and twiddled his thumbs in thought. The rest of the council sat speechless, except Nox who tried hard to hold back a satisfying smile.

The seeds of doubt had been planted and would soon grow into something more. Much more.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh head pictuuuures... Loved that last imagery of a nervous darth marr

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/255/2/1/darth_marr_by_kabeone-d5ej4vt.jpg

No my armor isn't made out of meat! Who the hell is lady gaga?!

Edited by kabeone

@Kabe, I LOVE IT! I loled when I saw it.:D This is exactly what Darth Marr was thinking in this scene:D And wondering... Just who is Lady Gaga.:D

@Bright, when I was writing that scene I really tried to take Clyde's sense of humor and Scourge and Clyde's beleif differences and mesh them together. I am glad you liked it.:)

Ok I have a more detailed plan now ,so I will get in new chapters soon.:)Need to write before sub runs out...

Edited by SveinEternity