Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RE:Error 1003 ->still<- and Community Respect

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
RE:Error 1003 ->still<- and Community Respect
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baracchus
08.29.2012 , 03:06 PM | #1
This has been going on for days now, and I'm not sure if the thread below is being ignored and complaint posts about it are being shoved in it since there are no helpfull current posts by customer service.

What has me concerned is two things.
Quote:
The previous version of this thread exceeded our maximum post threshold, therefore we have recreated it here so that we can continue closely monitoring this game issue.
Which leads me to the newest CSR post.
Quote:
Greetings All,

This issue is believed to be resolved at this point. If you continue to experience error code 1003 then please post on this thread to let us know.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Great, wonderful, and dare I say nifty. The most recent post in that thread is Today, with other posts as current as the 27th and 26th of this month. I think it's safe to say, this is is not resolved at all with myself included. Having worked in Customer Service before, ( Tech support for AOL before it all went over seas), I know hands are tied to a certain degree when explaining things, but this is the original reason I canceled my sub in the first place. Is this still being researched? Is it a unique internet hiccup? Do you guys just really don't know? (Hell I'd forgive you guys if you said you didn't know)

Real feedback to us about this and other issues would be great. You guys constantly say, the SW community is the back bone of everything and you guys love feed back. Well the feedback road is like any other a two way street, with no B.S. in the middle or on either end.

I really thought about pointing out a lot of things to support this gripe but I don't want to turn this into a bashing post so I'll just leave it at this. Toss us a bone, prove to us that were just not numbers or a replaceable asset and give us real feedback and honest answers be it a positive or negative. (90% of us are normal adults). No more cookie cutter answers and replies.

Acealis
08.29.2012 , 05:00 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Baracchus,

Community members will have seen the error 1003 across the forums since the launch of the game. This error is relating to connection issues with the game.

As you are experienced with technical customer support I am sure you aware of the great many issues, both local and otherwise that can impact ones connection.

Recently there was some network disruption that has caused a spike in numbers of this error being experienced by our player base. We have been working closely with our network partners to resolve this. As stated in your post the issue that caused the spike should be resolved now.

Unfortunately though, this will not eliminate all network issues causing this error. I can assure you though we will on hand to help you through resolving your particular issue.

Could you describe to us any steps you may have taken to resolve the 1003 error you are experiencing?

Hope this answered your question and if there is anything else we can help you with, just let us know.

Thank You.

Acealis | BioWare Customer Service