Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black screen w/ Audio after Play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Black screen w/ Audio after Play
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

brivologin
08.29.2012 , 01:03 PM | #1
So I purchased this game yesterday, and installed it. When I click play, all I get is to listen to the opening cinematic while staring at a black screen. I have read through several forums and tried suggestions. Here is my DxDiag:
Spoiler

I tried updating my driver. I made sure my firewall was not blocking it. I tried running it as an administrator. I used a third-party site to check my system requirements and it said I was good. I checked my DirectX. There are no updates for my windows. I have closed every other software. I have also tried switching from fullscreen. Nothing has worked.

Bronholz
08.29.2012 , 01:14 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings brivologin,

Some issues such as this can be caused by the game trying to load in the wrong resolution.

I'd like you to go to this folder:
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings
In this folder you will find the client_settings, I'd like you to make sure that the lines marked Refreshrate and fullscreen are shown in this file as what I have below:
  • RefreshRate = 60
  • FullScreen = false
  • Save file and close
If these lines are not in the file then please copy them in. This will load the game up in fullscreen windowed mode and will hopefully allow you access to the game. Once you have successfully logged in you may change the settings back to your preferred.

Additionally to this the video driver that you have installed appears to be dated from 2011, so please check again(through the manufacturers website) to see if there is an update available.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Nothematic
08.29.2012 , 04:36 PM | #3
When you click the cog on he launcher,is the repair ability there. Let me know if it isn't, I had the same problem and managed to fix it.