Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question regarding HK-51 and crewskill

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question regarding HK-51 and crewskill
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

InnerPieces
09.01.2012 , 06:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) whether HK-51 would give players an additional Crew Skills deployment. He said that right now we plan on keeping the maximum deployed at 5. Regarding his bonuses, he'll have a small efficiency bonus to all Mission Skills and a small critical bonus to all Crafting Skills.
So... what exactly is the point of HK-51? Every class already has a character that can fill every necessary role. Is HK-51 just fluff then or does he provide some actual in-game benefit? No one seems to want to answer this whenever I ask it. Yes, I do see the marginal bonus to "all" crafting. Is there anything else?

Just to head you off at the pass, I'm not hating. I'm asking. There is nothing cool about fluff that (nearly) everyone has. That's why I'm curious about some kind of substantial (as in, worth the effort) benefit for acquiring it.

Thanks.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Ricktur
09.01.2012 , 06:53 PM | #22
wait i thought HK-51 wasnt in the game yet, how do you get him?
Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

InnerPieces
09.01.2012 , 07:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricktur View Post
wait i thought HK-51 wasnt in the game yet, how do you get him?
Who said it is in game?
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Ricktur
09.01.2012 , 07:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by InnerPieces View Post
Who said it is in game?
well, i mean this thread is about his crew skills and i figured the OP was just asking how to utilize him. ..

MY BUST!
Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

InnerPieces
09.01.2012 , 09:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricktur View Post
well, i mean this thread is about his crew skills and i figured the OP was just asking how to utilize him. ..

MY BUST!
Oh, I thought you were saying I implied it was out. My bad. No, it's not out yet. (I still have a hard time referring to droids as having gender... despite how they look.)

I admit. I didn't even read the OP. I just read the response in the dev tracker and my old, unanswered question sprang back to mind. LOL
Quote:

SilentKitty
09.03.2012 , 02:55 PM | #26
I like my ship-droid, so hope I get to have both him and HK

And for the person who didn't want to play a republic good guy, roll a evil JK. My friend has had a lot of fun playing a evil jedi...

Somewhere in a class-story not far from you

Random guy who has done something bad: "Yes, I did wrong. But you'll let me go... right. I mean, jedi's are good, you know taking care of people and such... right...? "
Evil Jedi: "NO *stab stab*"

It worked wonders for him. Actually going along with him to class-missions was a bit like watching a accident, you know it will hurt but can't look away. Will probably never be able to play a evil char myself, but it was interesting to see it. Just my 2 cents, happy playing.

interus
09.03.2012 , 04:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by fanuvstarwars View Post
HK-51 [Statement] "Previous encounters with meatbags had all but solidified my conclusion that droids would one day rule the galaxy. Having met your ship droid, I have decided that meatbags still have a fighting chance."

[Query] "May I please kill the ship droid master? It's insistance on fragrancing your ship has become quite the nuisance."

[Statement] "Master. The ship's sabacc table is in need of spare parts. I recommend the ship droid's communication device as a suitable replacement."

this is awesome! LOL'ed hard!
"The urge to kill one's superior is intrinsic to the nature of our enterprise. My unassailable strength gives rise to your envy; my wisdom fuels your desire, my achievements incite your craving. So it has been for 1,000 years, so it must endure till i have guided you to parity". ( Darth Plagueis to Darth Sidious)

DarthVengeant
09.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fleurdelis View Post
Exactly. Quit your *****in and play evil. Or dont try for hk-51.
It's not *****. It's an opinion. Why is it that anymore when ever someone has a differing opinion on something it is "*****" ? Please grow up.

Kinop
09.06.2012 , 12:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzerbat View Post
I'd double that, but kill Skadge the frogfaced tub of lard.
I second this....
Its just business... nothing personal.

HarleysRule
09.06.2012 , 12:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by InnerPieces View Post
So... what exactly is the point of HK-51? Every class already has a character that can fill every necessary role. Is HK-51 just fluff then or does he provide some actual in-game benefit? No one seems to want to answer this whenever I ask it. Yes, I do see the marginal bonus to "all" crafting. Is there anything else?

Just to head you off at the pass, I'm not hating. I'm asking. There is nothing cool about fluff that (nearly) everyone has. That's why I'm curious about some kind of substantial (as in, worth the effort) benefit for acquiring it.

Thanks.
I hope he's at least a little better in combat than your other companions to make dailies a little less mind numbing.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I have read that you will need a Republic and Empire character to get him.

I have NO care for playing any Republic good guys. So. essentially I am being forced to play hours and hours and hours of something I do not want to play at ALL in order to earn something. Wow....talk about ruining the fun of this game. As if doing dailies and FP's over and over and over and over again once you hit 50 wasn't boring enough....

Sounds like the people at Bioware enjoy being bored and making others be bored. Plus, running out of ideas to make the game FUN!!!
Not just people that only play one faction, but people that may have a 50 of both factions but on different servers also lose out.

Don't worry...I'm sure you'll be able to buy HK-51 in the Cartel Shop for the low, low price of 1000 Cartel Coins.