Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question regarding HK-51 and crewskill

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question regarding HK-51 and crewskill
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
08.31.2012 , 12:04 PM | #11
I'm far more interested in the credit sink/cost to get him and whether he'll be legacy-wide or I have to spend the credits and grind the quests for each character.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Gurgintius
08.31.2012 , 12:16 PM | #12
Hey, who doesn't love returning to their ship to find out their Hyperdrive has been cleaned and now opperates .00000324455% better. (numbers not quoted)

Do you really want the droid who thinks all organic life needs to be exterminated working on your Hyperdrive or ships weapon systems?

How's this for your next space battle: Laser aren't working, proton torpedos not launching and detonating in the tube, and the hyperdrive clucks out so you can't fly away! All the while the voice of HK-51 laughing over the intercome.

I'm still waiting for Scorpio to no longer have a use for me and stab me or crush my skull when I talk to her next. I can only emagine the fun HK would have.

Instead of having a permanent 'home' on your ship, how about he randomly jumps out from around corners wielding a vibroknife? That would be fun! Oh, let me just run up to the bridge real quick and shoot over to Ilum. (Break the door threshhold) Out pops HK swinging a blade. Good times!

BTW (BioWare) WHEN AM I GETTING MY HK-51!!!!! You've been teasing us with him for too long.

CrusherKing
08.31.2012 , 02:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) whether HK-51 would give players an additional Crew Skills deployment. He said that right now we plan on keeping the maximum deployed at 5. Regarding his bonuses, he'll have a small efficiency bonus to all Mission Skills and a small critical bonus to all Crafting Skills.
This sounds awesome

DarthVengeant
08.31.2012 , 07:45 PM | #14
I have read that you will need a Republic and Empire character to get him.

I have NO care for playing any Republic good guys. So. essentially I am being forced to play hours and hours and hours of something I do not want to play at ALL in order to earn something. Wow....talk about ruining the fun of this game. As if doing dailies and FP's over and over and over and over again once you hit 50 wasn't boring enough....

Sounds like the people at Bioware enjoy being bored and making others be bored. Plus, running out of ideas to make the game FUN!!!

Skexy
08.31.2012 , 07:58 PM | #15
so play a republic bad guy; there are plenty of them.
-skexy

Fleurdelis
08.31.2012 , 08:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Skexy View Post
so play a republic bad guy; there are plenty of them.
Exactly. Quit your *****in and play evil. Or dont try for hk-51.

Sarfux
08.31.2012 , 09:22 PM | #17
BioWare we all demand a cutscene of the ship droid and hk having a statement match then seeing HK blast him into bits in the end
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Duck_of_Death
09.01.2012 , 02:46 AM | #18
Quote:
Instead of having a permanent 'home' on your ship, how about he randomly jumps out from around corners wielding a vibroknife? That would be fun! Oh, let me just run up to the bridge real quick and shoot over to Ilum. (Break the door threshhold) Out pops HK swinging a blade. Good times!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUD7...eature=related
...und keine weiteren Fragen.

Kaisernick
09.01.2012 , 04:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gurgintius View Post

I'm still waiting for Scorpio to no longer have a use for me and stab me or crush my skull when I talk to her next. I can only emagine the fun HK would have.
Spoiler

Vis-Tecum
09.01.2012 , 02:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by fanuvstarwars View Post
HK-51 [Statement] "Previous encounters with meatbags had all but solidified my conclusion that droids would one day rule the galaxy. Having met your ship droid, I have decided that meatbags still have a fighting chance."

[Query] "May I please kill the ship droid master? It's insistance on fragrancing your ship has become quite the nuisance."

[Statement] "Master. The ship's sabacc table is in need of spare parts. I recommend the ship droid's communication device as a suitable replacement."
awesome, thank you for that made my day
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave