Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's the last Tuesday in August....and still no NM EC or new content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
It's the last Tuesday in August....and still no NM EC or new content

rregister
08.28.2012 , 01:31 PM | #1
I'm not usually the guy to complain, but at this point the lack of new PvE content is getting a bit absurd. We killed HM Kephess many months ago, and at this point most of our companions are wearing campaign gear. We've gone from raiding several nights a week down to raiding for only the few hours required to clear HM EC and kill NMP, and even that is done half-heartedly, since we are all so sick of the same content. We are min/maxxed. Our alts are geared.

Weeks pass. Months go by. Still nothing. No dates. No deadlines. Only vague promises. Vague promises for the release of retooled fights...in instance we are already sick of doing.

Think we're a tiny subset of the player population? Think again. There are at least 15 other guilds (and that's a very conservative estimate) in the same position on my server. How do you expect to NOT lose players at a rapid pace when there is nothing for them to do?

alifaraaz
08.28.2012 , 01:38 PM | #2
It does indeed suck, they have said 'next month' for Terror From Beyond, which pretty much means any time before Sept 30th. It could be later, stuff gets delayed, but I'm anxiously waiting for it to hit PTS.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

HiltoftheDragon
08.28.2012 , 01:47 PM | #3
Its really quite tiring to continually see threads like this started. I really dont understand why people think they need new content at a fast pace no matter what a game company tells you. People who constantly beat this dead horse will never be satisfied with what they have.

Sorry but its garbage like this that clogs up all the more informational threads on this forum.
The Ventress Legacy
"We can learn even from our enemies"
Grievance @ The Jedi Covenant
Come join our dual faction guild

Vortuus
08.28.2012 , 02:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
I really dont understand why people think they need new content at a fast pace
Most people that are farily competent don't find new 5 (pretty easy) bosses for the entire calendar year a 'fast pace.' Also, we pay(paid) our $15/month to play the content they told us was coming. Unfortunately, they are about 3+ months behind that schedule already.

If you really don't understand you are probably 1) a casual and/or below average player that couldn't complete HM EC in the first month or 2 of release or 2) got carried through said content and don't know why other people are bored because you're still 'challenged.'
Safeen - Sith Assassin
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | Space Slug Server

Karasuko
08.28.2012 , 02:14 PM | #5
Its really quite tiring to continually see threads like this started. I really dont understand why people think they need new content at a fast pace no matter what a game company tells you. People who constantly beat this dead horse will never be satisfied with what they have.

Sorry but its garbage like this that clogs up all the more informational threads on this forum.
Really? is that the best you can offer us?

I'm in the OP's position, except we haven't been clearing HM EC for months (well 5 weeks but i digress) The biggest issue with the Normal mode, HM model is that yes it does get dull fast ,twice as fast and new content for this type of model is needed faster. Either that or release triple the bosses......

Khevar
08.28.2012 , 02:36 PM | #6

I don't understand why you have to complain someone wanting more content?

Players come to the forums to express their opinions about the game. Some players want more content. How is this "garbage"?

TalkingDinosaur
08.28.2012 , 02:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vortuus View Post
Most people that are farily competent don't find new 5 (pretty easy) bosses for the entire calendar year a 'fast pace.' Also, we pay(paid) our $15/month to play the content they told us was coming. Unfortunately, they are about 3+ months behind that schedule already.

If you really don't understand you are probably 1) a casual and/or below average player that couldn't complete HM EC in the first month or 2 of release or 2) got carried through said content and don't know why other people are bored because you're still 'challenged.'
So, WoW players pay $180 for a update that turns into a half-butt expansion pack that they also spend another $20 to purchase and play? $200 for a week of content and I doubt a lot of peple are looking forward to Pandas. SW:TOR about 3 months or $45 for a new update that has 1 new raid, 1 new wz, and misc.

1.4 will have:
New WZ
New Raid
New items
Increased level cap
HK-51

I made several statements about players getting greedy?
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

HiltoftheDragon
08.28.2012 , 03:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
So, WoW players pay $180 for a update that turns into a half-butt expansion pack that they also spend another $20 to purchase and play? $200 for a week of content and I doubt a lot of peple are looking forward to Pandas. SW:TOR about 3 months or $45 for a new update that has 1 new raid, 1 new wz, and misc.

1.4 will have:
New WZ
New Raid
New items
Increased level cap
HK-51

I made several statements about players getting greedy?
Theres no need in trying to explain it to the content locust out there. This will always be an issue with folks who think that what is offered is too easy or not enough. All i can say is the truth does seem to hurt a bit.

I wont go into what kind of player i am. I will tell you that i have been thru the content in this game as much as the next person. The guild im in still runs thru that content with no complaints about being bored . We decide what we do and we do it but thats not really the subject here. My reply to this thread was to express the constant bickering about wanting more and more content already knowing what BW is releasing in the future. Thats the garbage im refering to.
The Ventress Legacy
"We can learn even from our enemies"
Grievance @ The Jedi Covenant
Come join our dual faction guild

dipstik
08.28.2012 , 04:09 PM | #9
wow... 15 guilds on one server with all their alts and compnions in full campign...

i call BS

ArchangelLBC
08.28.2012 , 04:09 PM | #10
Theres no need in trying to explain it to the content locust out there. This will always be an issue with folks who think that what is offered is too easy or not enough. All i can say is the truth does seem to hurt a bit.

I wont go into what kind of player i am. I will tell you that i have been thru the content in this game as much as the next person. The guild im in still runs thru that content with no complaints about being bored . We decide what we do and we do it but thats not really the subject here. My reply to this thread was to express the constant bickering about wanting more and more content already knowing what BW is releasing in the future. Thats the garbage im refering to.
The problem we have is that they seemed to indicate that the content would be coming by the end of August and it hasn't. What is there to say that they'll keep true to their promise to release Terror from Beyond in September? It's not even on the PTS yet.

At what point do we have the right to complain about a lack of new content? If I didn't like my guild and I hadn't gotten into the PVP scene when 1.3 launched I'd have probably quit out of boredom awhile ago.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd