Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starship improvement suggestions....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Starship improvement suggestions....

Rincewend
12.17.2012 , 03:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Companions moving around the ship is a big one IMO. The fact that they just stand there, instead of working on panels, reading...I don't know, doing something other than holding a wall up or the floor down makes the ship feel pretty lifeless IMO.
Funny I remember they used to walk around in Kotor seems like it would not be that hard.

Rincewend
12.17.2012 , 03:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nide View Post
"
Some kind of interior personalization... banners, trophies, a throw rug... something...
flashpoint access? Rather jump to flashpoints from my ship than the dropships from fleet...
Item modification station? I don't know if that's available from legacy or not...
I just wished that my personal starship felt as viable as it did in KotOR...
You would think this would of been on their minds with the cartel shop, talk about a money sink to buy other ships and personalize the intior.

LordArtemis
12.27.2012 , 08:22 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
You would think this would of been on their minds with the cartel shop, talk about a money sink to buy other ships and personalize the intior.
I actually hope that it might be on the back burner for eventually add to the market.

Jeeses
05.07.2013 , 12:11 AM | #25
/sign
Bolster is good, not working as intended however it could. My post on this page outlines exactly what bolster should be.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=635206&page=2
Read it and tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

ColaWindstar
05.07.2013 , 08:08 PM | #26
I would like to agree with all of these things. It might also be a cool idea for maybe some missions where you ship is specially outfitted with a special skill, like say the proton torpedoes for the X-wings were in the original trilogy, these special abilities would be to either help or be needed to complete certain missions.
Oh! and maybe a few that AREN'T in space but involve doing bombing runs on surface installations!

Also, to add a bit to the turret comment of the OP, since I didn't see this part mentioned: perhaps the turrets on board the ship could be used by friends while running space missions?

Edit: Also, my imperial Agent wants the bar back in his Phantom! It's in the concept art, and it would make the "living room" of the ship so much nicer!

oh, also, can we get bathrooms?

Jendor
05.08.2013 , 02:55 AM | #27
i agree great post another thing i'd like to add would be to equalise the hardpoints on all the ships currently it is incredibly hard to do some of the higher level space missions with the dartboard target that is the smuggler ship
Jendor Jitte - Alliance Templar [A-T] - Guild Leader
Rebel Guild, Friendly, Moderate Play, PVP/PVE/RP

Join Alliance Templar Today!

Fazaani
05.08.2013 , 03:28 AM | #28
Lets just "bolt" X-Wing in the game
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

LordArtemis
05.12.2013 , 12:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ColaWindstar View Post
I would like to agree with all of these things. It might also be a cool idea for maybe some missions where you ship is specially outfitted with a special skill, like say the proton torpedoes for the X-wings were in the original trilogy, these special abilities would be to either help or be needed to complete certain missions.
Oh! and maybe a few that AREN'T in space but involve doing bombing runs on surface installations!

Also, to add a bit to the turret comment of the OP, since I didn't see this part mentioned: perhaps the turrets on board the ship could be used by friends while running space missions?

Edit: Also, my imperial Agent wants the bar back in his Phantom! It's in the concept art, and it would make the "living room" of the ship so much nicer!

oh, also, can we get bathrooms?
Yes, I will check my OP, but the idea was to suggest players could board your ship while in your group and man the turrets while you run the space mission. They dont need to add any specific modeling to the outside of the ship, the turret portal is already on the ship.

You could run to the portal, teleport to the turret (top and bottom) and then you would have the same view as the main player, from the top or bottom of the ship. You could then rotate 360 degrees and move up or down a smaller portion to lock on and attack ships as they pass by, or attack static targets as the ship passes them.

It would turn space missions into group missions essentially.

BellaEva
05.18.2013 , 11:14 PM | #30
1) Get on ship without taking off. Loading screens suck, especially when I just want to go on my ship to talk to a companion, but plan to go right back to the planet. I'm forced to sit through two loading screens, and the planetary load times are ridiculously long.

2) A working chess board and sabacc table. Let us choose two of our companions to play each other or our main character. Or play against a friend. C2-N2 wants to play Bowdaar Letting us fly the camera around the table is a must.

3) Doors that open and close, especially to the personal quarters and the bridge.

4) Holo-codex. Let us view our codex on a holo-console. Maybe a voiceover and simple animations for the different stories.

5) Ability to hide the training dummies. I bought them and decided that they don't go with the decor in some of my ships, and I'd like the option to hide them away when not in use.

I'll add more as I think of them.